Author Topic: GenCon '09  (Read 26708 times)

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Re: GenCon '09
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »
Not really, but I agree that CountAurioch is a giant prick and it's better when he's not around.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 02:15:30 PM »
Gencon summary

Thursday

Plane delayed, pieces fell off.(BOO) New plane (YAY) Gencon (YAY) saw Rob Justice's Ballsack (BOO/YAY/WTF)
formed Mutual Elbow Society (YAY)

Friday
breakfast with Banks
panels, eating, planning panel, met bunches of people. convention hall, helped meg interivew Tracy Hickman (mostly just sat there) rushed lunch with chris and woodrow (my flower given as bribe to allow woodrow to stay in resturaunt) Ennies, Josh bagging on ennies was most entertaining part. Post ennies concilation gaming with Epi and company. Played AWESOME wrestling gamer and playtested card/party game with potential for greatnes.

saturday

ennies hangover was only mild. Convention hall, panels,critical analysis panel was awesome. went very well. Sean Nittner is a very good looking man. ate protein bar. did airing of grievances, very funny. Assaulted Luke Crane Verbally got good soundbite from him  talked to Clyde, good time met listener who lives like 6 blocks from me. felt sick and tired ate, got take out from steak and shake, went back to steak and shake hung out with rob bohl and trapcast folks, went to bed.

Sunday

given guided tour of convention hall by Rob Bohl lunch with BG extended family (board mods and whatnot)
the next 12 hours were spent getting progressively sicker in airports.

highlights from the airports:
 meg yelled at me and josh for getting too excited about robot toilet,

Good joke about "reason for delay" was written

Lady wigged out on airport personnel and called all the other passengers "mice"

Josh told me to shut my whore mouth

sexy lady asked us what the reason for the clam was

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »
rushed lunch with chris and woodrow (my flower given as bribe to allow woodrow to stay in resturaunt)

And me. A.K.A. "What's your name again?" or "Chris(Aftercrescent)'s friend" or "Chris(TheChrisWaits)'s roommate".
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
also tiffany, Skydragonnight was pretty boss, good to meet you.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
Our GenCon Summary...

Wednesday - Got into Indy late afternoon. Settled in with friends we were staying with. Went to register. Got there half hour before they closed. Were warned in the parking lot that they were turning people away because the lines were too long. Went in anyway. Sailed through the almost non-existent line. Picked up sponsor swag bag (unimpressed). Went to track down Meg, Josh, etc. Found Josh on the way to get snacks. Met AC, BimR, SDK, CW, CW's girlfriend and Woodrow (possibly more). Hung out until midnight. Met Robert Bohl and a few of the other podcasters.

Thursday - Early breakfast with friends of friends @ Red-Eye Cafe. Bumped into a couple of friends of GenCons past. Dealer hall. Starbucks. Reverse Forum for Podcasters seminar. Met Dan2. More dealer hall. Lunch with friends and friends of friends @ Alcatraz. More dealer hall. 7 Words You Can't Say While Gaming seminar (rocked). A Salon on Gameology seminar (also rocked). Home for the evening. Heard gunfire around 11pm followed by sirens somewhere in the neighborhood (eek!). More gunshots around midnight.

Friday - Slept through breakfast. Wandered the art show where we bumped into Zeke and meandered around for a bit. Headed to the D&D 4th ed seminar. Left aforementioned seminar because they had booked a ridiculously small room and there was nowhere to sit (screw them and their "there's another one tomorrow"). Saw BimR in costume (Wow). Lunch with AC, BimR, SDK, CW, Woodrow and others @ mall food court. More wandering the dealer hall. Picked up Shadowrun 20th anniversary ed. Home for the evening. No gunfire (Yay!).

Saturday - Breakfast with friends and friends of friends @ Cafe Patachou (excellent waffles). Starbucks. On the Critical Analysis of Games seminar (very interesting). Shadowrun seminar (lots of vagueness but very excited to play now). Lunch with friends and friends of friends @ Steak & Shake (finally!). Airing of Grievances seminar (introduced a friend of a friend to the BG phenom). Home to get ready for White Wolf party (don't ask, it wasn't our idea). White Wolf party. Escape from White Wolf party (we were there about a half hour). Hung out with Meg, Josh, AC, BimR, etc. and played...something...while we waited for our friends to be done with the White Wolf thing. Steak & Shake (again) with Meg, Josh, Zeke, RB, Adam, etc. Friends done with White Wolf party, and completely wasted. Drove them to a different Steak & Shake so they could sober up a bit. Drove home (yes, me driving...strange car, strange city).

Sunday - Late start. More dealer hall. Goodbye lunch with BG 'family' @ PF Changs. Last wander around the dealer hall. No deals found. Home to play some Shadowrun.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
I will remember GenCon '09 as:

Fighting to keep back tears and sobbing the entire time.
Met so many people that it become too many people and overwhelmed me at a couple of points
Got to spend time with some very good looking men
Got to spend too much time with different men's nutsacks
My boobs are growing at what I think is an exponential rate and kept busting out
Werewolf/ Chthulu mafia game over and over and over and over... and every one was fun
ACTION CASTLE!!!
Panels... my god, the panels... they never ended...
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
Got to spend too much time with different men's nutsacks

That's the second or third time this has been brought up.

What's that all about? I thought GenCon was supposed to be at least vaguely family-friendly.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
Adam from Podgecast flashed his nutsack. I only had it happen to me once. I'm made to understand that wasn't the only time, nor was he the only one doing it.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »
Nothing beats Zeke's drunken stare at Rob Justice's nut sack. As everyone turns away from him, Zeke stares, and since everyone else in the room was between the two, it was that much more apparent. And hilarious. :lmao
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »
What happens in hotel rooms is most definitely not family friendly. 

It started with Rob from the Bear Swarm wearing shorts with a giant hole in the crotch and no underwear.  This led to ball slippage to which he dialed up by intentional ball exposure.  He sat with his balls hanging free for a significant portion of the evening.

Seeing the attention Rob's balls were getting, Adam from The Podgecast felt the need to prove his manliness and also pulled out his balls the following night.

The best was while we were playing Werewolf, everyone had his/her eyes closed and Adam was the giver.  He said, "Werewolves, open your eyes.... choose a victim... Close your eyes... Seers, open your eyes..." and so on.  All the while he had his pants down and his ass right in some poor guy's face, so everyone who was a role had to work at not laughing and giving away their status when they opened their eyes secretly and saw what was happening.

Brant from the TrapCast utterly failed that that one which made it even funnier. 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Nothing beats Zeke's drunken stare at Rob Justice's nut sack. As everyone turns away from him, Zeke stares, and since everyone else in the room was between the two, it was that much more apparent. And hilarious. :lmao

That was great.  We all saw and groaned and turned our heads and shielded our eyes.  Zeke was sitting directly across from Rob and tilted his head, mouth agape and stared, curiously, and the sight we were all trying to avoid. 

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
"Good grief," said Charlie Brown.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »
The people I met/ re-met at GenCon:

BG Folks:
Re-Met:
Kai with her husband Chris: Awesome as always.  We haven't seen this pair in person in... 4 years? but I feel like it both has been longer and no time at all.  Neither have changed- I'm pretty sure Chris's outfits were the same as the last time I saw him, and I always adore spending time with cool chicks, of which Kai is definitely one.  Wish we had more time together or could spend time together outside of the con.  

TheChrisWaits- awesome as always.  Great discussion on panels and such a sweetie.  I still chuckle when I think about the Werewolf game we played and Adam said, "Dude, why are your eyes still open?!" and you hear Chris say innocently, "Because you said "Protectors, open your eyes.".... Oh... oops."  Tiffany I didn't get to talk to enough but seemed like an awesome gal.

Woodrow- awesome as always.  No hotpants this year, but Daisy Dukes on two accounts.  I had a lot of some of the "other" crowd ask me after, "who is that guy?" because Woodrow is so funny in such a deadpan way.  Love it.  Held grapes in front of his crotch so as not to add to the ball exposure.  We all thank him for that.  

Met:
skydragonknight- what's your name again?   :smirk  

AfterCrescent- Even funnier and cooler in person.  Shared a room, so got some good, quality time.  Amazing conversation adder to panels and downright awesome person.  Sounds just like Michael Cera which I want to totally exploit somehow.  Loved when we played werewolf and he started giving the instructions and after 30 seconds Adam said, "what a minute, how is it that this guy is better than me already?"

BobisMyRhino- even cuter in person and downright awesome.  I got to lace up her corset, so total win for me.

Podcasters:
Re-Met:
Adam from The PodgeCast.  Self proclaimed drunken ass all weekend.  Didn't like when attention wavered from him, which wasn't very often due to his loud voice and personality.  In general though, makes hang outs more exciting and is always pushing the envelope, which makes most people squirm which I love to watch.  Good times.

Luke from The PodgeCast.  Awesome, righteous dude even though he pretends like he's not.  But he is, so don't let it fool you.  Organized a scavenger hunt which I loved, so huge kudos.  

Mattfrom The PodgeCast.  Actual drunken ass.

Rob from The BearSwarm.  Took a picture of his balls.  His meeting Zeke was a touching, loving moment which we all got to experience.  I feel like he's a fairly subdued, quiet guy in general, but turns it up to 11 for cons, so I respect that heavily.  

Jenn from TrapCast.  Didn't see a lot of her, but girl drama played a role in the weekend.  I think that's a good thing- there are enough girls now for there to be girl drama.  

Don Dehm
from Pulp Gamer- awesome guy as always.  Want to spend some more time with him at some point.  

Ryan Macklain from many different projects- Hardly got any time with him.  

Met:
Mikefrom Bear Swarm- awesome and scarily smart.  I have a strategy in werewolf/ mafia etc- kill him first because the dude is way too good at that game.  Got totally wasted the first night and it was fun to watch that as an outside observer.

Brant from TrapCast- Total hottie and awesome guy.  Got to have some good conversations, but wish we had more.  Did I mention how hot he is?

George from TrapCast- Next year he should get a hat and a shovel and go in a Garden Gnome costume.  Was surprised at how much of a pussy he is in general, but did take the 2 punches to the stomach pretty well.  Told everyone who would listen that every big guy he met was BG Zeke (they weren't).  Said lots of dumb things, but I totally appreciate the "Hey now, that's girl math!" when I was talking about pregnancy, so that one was at least funny.

Sean from Narrative Control- Awesome awesome dude.  Felt like he was instantly one of our people.  Could talk about fun fluff and very serious topics.  Wish we had more time.  Very tall guy and another hottie.

Justin from Narrative Control- Brant's counterpart.  Didn't get much time with him.

Mags from All Games Considered- I want her to be my new best friend.  One of the nicest people I've ever met and that was having only met her for like 15 seconds.  Incredibly huggable and just an amazing person.  Seriously wish I had her on hand to gripe to and make me feel better.  Wonder if she rents herself out.

Sure I forgot folks, let me know who and I'll fill them in later.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:31:32 AM by Meg »

Robert Bohl

• Misspent Youth
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
Sniffle.

Highmoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • The Gamer Traveler
    • Highmoon Media Productions
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »
Sniffle.
Yeah, I know. She does this the year I don't go.  ;)

moon_ferret

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
*sniffle*

I didn't fit in any of Meg's categories.

Robert Bohl

• Misspent Youth
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
*sniffle*

My hope/expectation is that I've slept with them at their houses enough that I don't count as a "meet."

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
*sniffle*

That's right!  You didn't.  Though you would be a re-meet and I think I got more time with you the first time I met you at V3 then this one.  Though I do think it's funny that Adam did keep trying to introduce me to you.  The boy doesn't introduce me to a soul when I'm in St. Louis, but like 3 times he tried to tell me who you were. 

Still think a fight with you and zombies would've been very Left4Dead and awesome.

Sniffle.
Yeah, I know. She does this the year I don't go.  ;)

Dude!  You got special mention on our show as your review!  Last year, but still!  I missed you knocking on our door at 4 am to see if we were still partying. 

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:23 PM »
My hope/expectation is that I've slept with them at their houses enough that I don't count as a "meet."

Exactly.  You're like... real life friend.  I didn't talk about Josh and Zeke either... Though I should... But if I do, I'll totally talk about you and how you were trying to bring us down with not liking Werewolf and Kai had to moo at us to make us shut up.

Robert Bohl

• Misspent Youth
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »

Exactly.  You're like... real life friend.  I didn't talk about Josh and Zeke either... Though I should... But if I do, I'll totally talk about you and how you were trying to bring us down with not liking Werewolf and Kai had to moo at us to make us shut up.

You mean you'd have to talk about my scientific proof about the poverty of the game design in Are You A Werewolf/Do You Worship Cthlulhu.

I've been stewing about this. I have even more support.

MOOOOOOOOOO!