Author Topic: Gestalt Gemini Dancer  (Read 1852 times)

Alkaru

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Gestalt Gemini Dancer
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »
I was looking for something good to use in gestalt with the Gemini Dancer found here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gemini_Dancer_(DnD_Class)

Given it's fondness for flanking I was thinking some rogue (with other classes to improve my BAB).  But I'm still open to any suggestions, for stuff that would be good synergy with it.

All sources are open - 3.0, 3.5 or Dragon etc.  Race would be drow (with LA bought off), for campaign reasons.  Setting is homebrew, but setting specific material is still fine, because the fluff can always be adapted.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:28:05 AM by Alkaru »

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Re: Gestalt Gemini Dancer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »
CHa to ac, huh?  Throw in some monk 1-2  and bard 4 for Ascetic Mage to get CHA to AC twice, and snowflake wardance for CHA to hit if you don't plant to TWF.  Paladin 2 for CHA to saves too.  OA samurai 1 -> Iaijutsu Master 5 for CHA to damage, or it OA is no go, Divine power for CHA to damage- you'll need 4 levels of paladin or the turning.  etc, etc.

I love CHA synergy.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:14:26 AM »
Make sure that last parenthesis is in the [url] tag also, just for good measure.

Do buy some Slippers of Battledancing, as an aside.

Alkaru

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:38:38 AM »
Link modified - thanks for that Bozwevial- and the slippers are always a handy reminder.

Lots of good stuff with the Charisma synergy there Operation Shoestring.  I'd initially been thinking TWF because it would fit with the melee rogue, but I wouldn't mind missing it out - could use one of the nifty elven courtblades if I was willing to spend the feat.  Iaijutsu Master sounds interesting - I remember nearly taking that on a char before - would need to check my books because I have no idea what Samurai 1 gives, but Factotum could do the entry to IM as well, and could add my Int to a few things as well.  I'd better head of to work though - was just having a quick post this morning to say thanks for the suggestions.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
Link modified - thanks for that Bozwevial- and the slippers are always a handy reminder.

Lots of good stuff with the Charisma synergy there Operation Shoestring.  I'd initially been thinking TWF because it would fit with the melee rogue, but I wouldn't mind missing it out - could use one of the nifty elven courtblades if I was willing to spend the feat.  Iaijutsu Master sounds interesting - I remember nearly taking that on a char before - would need to check my books because I have no idea what Samurai 1 gives, but Factotum could do the entry to IM as well, and could add my Int to a few things as well.  I'd better head of to work though - was just having a quick post this morning to say thanks for the suggestions.

I usually advocate Factotum over OA Samurai for Iaijutsu, but you don't have the room to take too much factotum, and you probably wont be able to spare the feats for decent font stacking.   if you think fac is worthwile, use it instead by all means.

Alkaru

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:45:55 PM »
So back from work and pulling this together.

Monk 2/Bard 4/Paladin of Tyranny 2/Factotum 7/Iaijutsu Master 5

Damn - one level short of Factotum 8 and Cunning Surge awesomeness.

I could drop down to IaiM 2 to Factotum 8 - because there is nothing particularly exciting at 3rd level and the bonus feat at 4 is kind of limited.  Could put in Fighter 2 for a couple of extra feats I suppose.

Monk 2/Bard 4/Paladin of T 2/Factotum 8/Iaijutsu Master 2/Fighter 2

The alignment conflicts aren't a problem - we always get of alignment requirements unless class features actually relate to the alignment.  So this character would be Lawful Evil because of Paladin of Tyranny, but all the alignment variant paladins get divine grace so it's just a case of picking the right one for the concept.

Edit: The problem is that build isn't epic-ready on that side of the gestalt then.  But if I rearrange to get all of Iaijutsu Master I lose out on too many of the dips that synergize so well with Gemini Dancer.  Paladin of Tyranny 2/Factotum 8/Iaijutsu Master 10?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:31:29 PM by Alkaru »