Author Topic: Risada's Bestiary  (Read 84361 times)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Risada's Bestiary
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:14 AM »
Similar to Weapon Focus, you take Rapidstrike (X).

For each pair of weapons (two slams for example), you gain an additional hit at -5. So if you had a creature with two slams (or bites, or claws, etc), its full attack would be +X Slam, +X slam, +X-5 Slam.  In the case of the Impure, which was 2 pair of slams, it'd need two rapidstrikes. Then it would end up with 4 slams at +29 and 2 at +24...
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 01:17:48 PM »
Similar to Weapon Focus, you take Rapidstrike (X).

For each pair of weapons (two slams for example), you gain an additional hit at -5. So if you had a creature with two slams (or bites, or claws, etc), its full attack would be +X Slam, +X slam, +X-5 Slam.  In the case of the Impure, which was 2 pair of slams, it'd need two rapidstrikes. Then it would end up with 4 slams at +29 and 2 at +24...

I grabbed a copy of Draconomicon, and the feat only allows to be taken once for each pair of natural weapons...
So I had to resort to picking both Improved Rapidstrike and Rapidstrike as well.
Anyway, fixed Cuchulainn and Hashmal issues with Rapidstrike...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
I know what it says. :P

That's what I was explaining. The Impure had 2 pairs of slams (4 total). So he could take it once per pair, for a total of 2 times. It would be the same if he had 2 slams and 2 claws, he'd be able to take it twice.  But Imp. Rapidstrike is, generally speaking, superior in the long run.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

Famfrit, the Darkening Cloud
Huge Outsider (Water)
HD 17d8+170 (306 HP)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares); swim 90 ft.
Init: 10
AC 38; touch 14; flat-footed 32
(-2 size, +6 Dex, +24 Natural)
BAB +17; Grp +37
Attack aqua jug +33 melee (2d6+28, 17-20/x2)
Full-Attack aqua jug +33/+28/+23/+18 melee (2d6+28, 17-20/x2)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 30 ft.
Special Attacks briny cannonade, empowering surge, martial maneuversToB, water spirit, wild storm
Special Qualities aqua jug, DR 12/-, darkvision 60 ft, enrage, essence of water, fast healing 12, resistance to acid, cold, eletricity and fire 25, spell resistance 30, spellcasting affinity
Saves Fort +20 Ref +16 Will +17
Abilities Str 35, Dex 22, Con 30, Int 22, Wis 24, Cha 29
Skills Bluff +29, Concentration +15, Intimidate +31, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (geography) +25, Knowledge (nature) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Listen +27, Martial Lore +25, Search +25, Sense Motive +27, Spot +27, Survival +22, Tumble +26, Use Magic Device +29
Feats Ability Focus (briny cannonade), Combat Reflexes, Improved Critical (aqua jug), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip (B), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (aqua jug)
Challenge Rating 17?
Treasure none
Alignment CN

The hideous, darkly clouded form of Famfrit, scion in opposition to Holy Queen Emmerololth, scion of light, was anathema even to his creators. Thus, after a great battle, was he broken and sealed within armor laced with wards. The confines of his armor are void of light, and so is he called the Darkening Cloud. Men fear the rain that falls from the black clouds that ooze from that giant ewer as a herald of chaos and waste.

Famfrit resembles a 18 feet tall suit of full plate armor, but with small legs and a big torso, and carrying a water jug tied to a chain. The armor is heavily decorated with golden designs, and has a red ball clinging on his back. Although his body is devoid of any openings, Famfrit can hear and see normally.

Famfrit represents the Zodiac sign of Aquarius.

Combat

Famfrit opens combat using his empowering surge ability.
Famfrit uses his aqua jug to keep his distance from his foes using normal attacks and martial maneuvers, attempting to trip them if they move closer, thanks to his Thicket of Blades stance, and sometimes using his briny cannonade ability to deal a large amount of damage to a distant foe.
When Famfrit's hit points drop to half his max or lower, he uses his Wild Storm ability to increase his damage output while crippling his foes, as well as using his water spirit ability, in order to divide the enemy forces, and then proceed with his initial strategy, and every now and then redirecting his water spirit.

Aqua Jug (Ex): Famfrit's jug is considered to be a +5 anarchic collisionMIC huge dragonchain (RHoD pg 126). Additionally, Famfrit cannot be tripped back during his own trip attempts with the aqua jug. Finally, the aqua jug can be used normally if fighting underwater.

Briny Cannonade (Su): at will as a standard action, Famfrit shoots a pressurized jet of water from his jug, dealing 20d6 points of damage to all creatures in a 120 ft line. A successful Reflex save (DC 29) halves this damage. The DC is Charisma-based.

Empowering Surge (Sp): as an immediate action once per day, Famfrit can use this ability to be affected by the following spells (all of them CL 17th): bull's strength, haste, nerveskitterSpC, scintillating scalesSpC, superior resistanceSpC and true seeing.

Enrage (Ex): Famfrit can make an extra move, standard or swift action every round. Additionally, Famfrit gains a +4 morale bonus to damage rolls on his attacks. This ability becomes active when Famfrit's hit points are at half or below his max hit points.

Essence of Water (Ex): Famfrit is immune to all abilities and spells with the water descriptor. Additionally, if such effect deals damage, Famfrit heals a number of hit points equal to half the damage he would take. Finally, Famfrit is considered to be under the effect of the freedom of movement spell and have regeneration 12 (adamantine and lawful-aligned weapons, as well as acid deals normal damage to Famfrit) while underwater.

Spellcasting Affinity (Ex): Famfrit can use spells and spell-like abilities without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Water Spirit (Sp): twice per day, Famfrit can use this ability. This ability functions like the waterspoutSpC spell, except this ability can be used as a swift action, and its damage is maximized, as if affected by the Maximize Spell feat. This ability has a caster level of 17. The saves are Charisma-based.

Wild Storm (Su): once per day as a standard action, Famfrit calls a fierce storm onto the battlefield, affecting all creatures within 120 ft. All creatures in the area take 5d6 points of damage every round due to the heavy rain, and take a -10 penalty to all movement modes, and -2 to attack rolls. Famfrit is immune to this ability. This ability lasts for 1 minute.

Martial Maneuvers (IL 17):
Stances: Thicket of Blades
Strikes: Castigating Strike (DC 26), Daunting Strike, Lightning Throw
Boosts: Dancing Mongoose, Scything Blade
Counters: Lightning Recovery, Rapid Counter

Famfrit's expended maneuvers recover automatically every 3 rounds.
-------------------------------
I seek opinions on this guy. Is it okay? I feel like he is missing some oomph...
And I'm not sure if his reach is correct...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 02:28:48 AM »
Reach should be 30'
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:51 AM »
Thanks, AC  :)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »
No problem. ;)

I was dead tired or I'd have actually done more and given real advice. :P

Briny Canonade should be (Su) and doesn't need the clause about SR, since all Su abilities ignore SR.

And I agree that he's missing something... For starters I'd suggest giving him Regen while submersed in Water.

I don't know what else to suggest as I'm not familiar with this one. :/
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
I don't know what else to suggest as I'm not familiar with this one. :/

Well....  ingame this thing doesn't do anything special besides being a huge tank... since there is a caster partner with him...

About the regeneration.... do I put some kind of damage that still affects him normally?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 07:23:28 PM »
Depends on how easy it'll be for him to get fully immersed in water. The easier it is, the more likely you need SOMETHING to penetrate it.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
Fixed Famfrit's regen...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
Added a small ability to Famfrit...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:38 AM »
where are you geting these pics from?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 09:00:22 AM »
where are you geting these pics from?

I got most of them from FFInsider: http://www.ffinsider.net/...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »
I stumbled on a small problem...

The next Esper has an ability that players can't conjure spells while fighting him (but he can cast spells himself). The problem is, if I make the ability exactly like this, the casters will lose a lot of their usefulness... and there will be TPK.

So, question: should I make the ability like this or take another route (like 50% miss chance when casting spells, for example)?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 01:30:52 AM »
Give him an AMF with the Mystra casting that truly makes clerics broken. ;)

Make them think. Conjuration spells, like the orb line still functions. It's supposed to be crazy hard, make them work for it.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2009, 04:03:37 PM »
Just give him an automatic counterspell attempt with Dispel Magic every round?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »

Interesting, but then it doesn't fit what he does. Anything beside him can't cast any kind of spell...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

Zeromus, the Condemner
Large Outsider
HD 18d8+180 (324 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Init: 12
AC 38; touch 17; flat-footed 30
(-1 size, +8 Dex, +21 natural)
BAB +18; Grp +33
Attack right claw +34 melee (4d6+17, 20/x2)
Full-Attack right claw +34 melee (4d6+17, 20/x2) plus left claw +34 melee (3d6+11, 20/x2) plus slam +34 melee (3d6+11) plus tail +34 melee (2d6+11, 20/x2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks call of the damned, empowering surge, piercing gravity, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities DR 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., essence of gravity, fast healing 10, punishing claw, resistance to acid, cold, eletricity and fire 30, spell resistance 30, spellcasting affinity
Saves Fort +21 Ref +19 Will +22
Abilities Str 34, Dex 27, Con 30, Int 23, Wis 28, Cha 31
Skills Bluff +31, Climb +22, Concentration +31, Inimidate +31, Jump +23, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +27, Knowledge (arcana) +27, Knowledge (religion) +27, Knowledge (the planes) +27, Listen +30, Sense Motive +30, Spot +30, Spellcraft +27, Use Magic Device +31
Feats Ability Focus (gravity blessing), Destruction DevotionCChamp, Improved Initiative (B), Improved Multiattack, Iron Will, Law DevotionCChamp, Multiattack, Power Attack
Challenge Rating 18?
Treasure None
Alignment LE

Honoring the law more than any other, a scion of holy order and condemner of criminals. Created in opposition to Knight-Star Pashtarot, scion of light. He turns his deep, abiding hatred for those who break the law into living darkness, therein to plunge the guilty in fell judgment. Over time, he came to care less for upholding the law and more for condemnation, and so tainted by hate, he sought to condemn the gods themselves to death. Thus, did he earn the title "The Condemner", and thus did he fall from grace.

Zeromus is 13 feet tall black skinned monster, with a humanoid torso and what would be his legs remembers a shell, that can be opened and reveal a tail. Zeromus's right claw is huge, and resembles a crab's claw. His whole body is covered in tattoos that constantly change colors.

Zeromus represents the Zodiac sign of Cancer.

Combat

Zeromus starts by using his empowering surge ability, then proceeds to engage his enemies in melee, occasionally using his gravity blessing ability in order to damage and reduce his enemies' actions. Zeromus can also use his surge of fortune to gain a small bonus, and when needed, trigger the secondary effect in order to kill one of his enemies. Zeromus will periodically use his piercing gravity ability to deal large amounts of damage at once. Zeromus will also use his Destruction Devotion feat at the beginning of the fight. Throughout the battle, Zeromus will use his call of the damned ability to call various kinds of undead creatures to help him.
When reduced to half or less of his maximum hit points, Zeromus uses his Law Devotion feat and proceeds with the fight.

Call of the Damned (Sp): this ability functions like the summon undead VSpC spell, except it can be used at will as a swift action.  

Empowering Surge (Ex): as an immediate action once per day, Zeromus can use this ability to be affected by the following spells (all of them CL 18th): bull's strength, haste, nerveskitterSpC, scintillating scalesSpC and true seeing.

Enrage (Ex): Zeromus can make an extra move, standard or swift action every round. Additionally, Zeromus gains a +4 morale bonus to damage rolls on his attacks. This ability becomes active when Zeromus's hit points are at half or below his max hit points.

Essence of Gravity (Ex): Zeromus is constantly under the effects of a freedom of movement spell. Additionally, all spells and spell-like abilities cast within 120 ft from Zeromus automatically fail, they are spent for the day normally.

Piercing Gravity (Su): as a standard action, all creatures within 30 ft from Zeromus take hit point damage equal to half their max hit points. This ability is usable once every 1d3 rounds.

Punishing Claw (Ex): Zeromus's natural attacks have +5 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls, and are considered to have the vorpal weapon property. Additionally, any creature struck by Zeromus's natural attacks must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw (DC 24) or become paralyzed for 1 round.

Spellcasting Affinity (Ex): Zeromus can use spells and spell-like abilities without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Spell-like abilities: at will: gravity blessing (DC 29); 3/day: quickened surge of fortuneCChamp. Caster level 18th. Saves are Charisma based.

----------------------------------------------
The guy here needs assistance. What feats he could use? Is both Destruction and Law Devotion too much? What about Essence of Gravity?

Are there any other "gravity" and "space" themed spells (aside from reverse gravity)?

EDIT: decided to stick with the 50% miss chance for spells with Essence of Gravity...
EDIT2: changed Essence of Gravity again...
EDIT3: added Call of the Damned ability
EDIT4: added an extra slam attack

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 08:10:47 AM »

Interesting, but then it doesn't fit what he does. Anything beside him can't cast any kind of spell...
Well, let him counterspell with Attacks of Opportunity then, sufficiently high level casters can still get by.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 12:24:55 AM »
I am thinking on giving Zeromus a summoning ability, but I don't know what to summon.... I'm spplit between the assassin devil and the bone devil... any thoughts on this?