Author Topic: Risada's Bestiary  (Read 84369 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Risada's Bestiary
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »

Cuchulainn, the Impure
Large Outsider
HD 15d8+135 (255 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares);
Init: 5
AC 31; touch 14; flat-footed 26
(-1 size, +5 Dex, +17 natural)
BAB +15; Grp +29
Attack Slam +29 melee (2d6+14, 20/x3 plus 1 Con damage)
Full-Attack slams +29/+29/+24/+19 melee (2d6+14, 20/x3 plus 1 Con damage)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks consuming blight, empowering surge, malaise, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities corruption, DR 10/-, darkvision 60ft., fast healing 10, filthy essence, resistance to acid, cold, eletricity, fire and sonic 20, spell resistance 26, spellcasting affinity
Saves Fort +20 Ref +14 Will +16
Abilities Str 31, Dex 21, Con 28, Int 20, Wis 21, Cha 23
Skills Balance +14, Concentration +18, Intimidate +24, Knowledge (nature) +23, Listen +23, Sense Motive +23, Spot +23
Feats Ability Focus (consuming blight), Ability Focus (heightened entangle), Great Fortitude, Improved Rapidstrike (slam)Drac (B), Iron Will, Power Attack, Rapidstrike (slam)Drac (B) , Weapon Focus (slam)
Challenge Rating 14?
Treasure None
Alignment CE

Cuchulainn looks like a 13 feet tall fat humanoid with green skin, a trident's head stabbed in his head, and spiked gloves in each of his arms. Cuchulainn is grinning for most of the time.

Cuchulainn represents the Zodiac sign of Scorpio.

Combat

Cuchulainn starts the combat by using his empowering surge ability. He usually focuses on engaging his opponents in melee, trying to always hit at least 2 creatures every round, in order to spread the Constitution damage. He uses his entangle and slow spell-like abilities to enable him to easily reach his targets.
When Cuchulainn's hit points are reduced to half his total hit points or lower, he uses his quickened righteous might and blight abilities, then resume combat, occasionally using his malaise ability to increase his hit points.

Consuming Blight (Su): once per day as a standard action, all creatures within 60 ft from Cuchulainn take 15d6 points of damage and 2d4 Constitution damage. A successfull Fortitude save (DC 25) halves both the hit point damage and the Constitution damage.

Corruption (Ex): Cuchulainn's natural attacks have a +4 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, and are considered to be chaotic and evil aligned for the purposes of damage reduction. Additionally, these attacks deal 1 point of Constitution damage in addition to the normal damage.

Empowering Surge (Sp): as an immediate action once per day, Cuchulainn can use this ability to be affected by the following spells (all CL 15th): haste, nerveskitterSpC, scintillating scalesSpC and  superior resistanceSpC.

Filthy Essence (Ex): at the start of his turn, all creatures within 60 ft of Cuchulainn takes 10 points of damage. Aditionally, all creatures hitting Cuchulainn with melee attacks take 3 points of damage per attack. Creatures using reach weapons are unaffected.

Malaise (Su) three times per day as a standard action, Cuchulainn can make a melee touch attack that deals 15d6 points of damage. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage. Cuchulainn also heals a number of hit points equal to the damage dealt.  

Spellcasting Affinity (Ex): Cuchulainn can use spells and spell-like abilities without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Spell-like abilities: 3/day: heightened entangle (7th level) (DC 25), heightened slow (7th level) (DC 23) 1/day: quickened righteous might. Caster level 15th. Saves are Charisma-based.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
Changed the essence abilities on Belias, Mateus and Adrammelech, and...

I seek advice on some "soul-themed" spells to put in her spells... any tips?

...bumping this just in case...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 03:47:15 AM »
Lemme peek thru my books

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »
From Spell COmpendium

7th level; Awaken Undead, Energy Ebb
6th: Incorporeal Nova,
5th: Spiritwall, Graymantle

Im assuming you mean life force manipulation.  If I'm wrong lemme know.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:47:21 AM by bhu »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 08:12:21 AM »
From Spell COmpendium

7th level; Awaken Undead, Energy Ebb
6th: Incorporeal Nova,
5th: Spiritwall, Graymantle

Im assuming you mean life force manipulation.  If I'm wrong lemme know.

Yep, that's right.... gonna check them... thanks for your help...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 08:29:13 AM »
no problem, it's what I'm here for when real life events arent interfering :D

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:52 AM »

Exodus, the Judge-sal
Large Outsider
HD 16d8+128 (256 HP)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares). fly 70 ft. (good)
Init: 8
AC 33; touch 17; flat-footed 25
(-1 size, +8 Dex, +16 natural)
BAB +16; Grp +25
Attack slam +20 melee (2d10+5, 20/x2)
Full-Attack 2 slams +20 melee (2d10+5, 20/x2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks insightful surge, paling, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities DR 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 10, greater spellcasting affinity, insightful magic, penetrating magic, resistance to acid, cold, eletricity and fire 25, spell resistance 29
Saves Fort +18 Ref +18 Will +19
Abilities Str 21, Dex 26, Con 27, Int 26, Wis 28, Cha 31
Skills Appraise +27, Balance +27, Bluff +29, Concentration +27, Decipher Script +27, Intimidate +31, Knowledge (any five) +27, Psicraft +27, Sense Motive +28, Spellcraft +29, Use Magic Device +29, Use Psionic Device +29
Feats Ability Focus (meteor swarm), Ability Focus (radiant assault), Eyes in the Back of your headCW (B), Flyby Attack, Imperious CommandDotU, Improved Critical (ray), Law DevotionCChamp
Challenge Rating 15?
Treasure None
Alignment LE

Most ancient of the scions, created in opposition to Halmarut the Arbiter, and scion of light. Tasked with keeping watch over the world, with the authority to judge the value of all things. As he watched, unseen, unknown, his attachment to the world dwindled, and faded until it was as nothing. Fitting that he would desire to make the world, too, as nothing. Yet he fell in the war against his creators, and was thwarted, imprisoned in punishment for his heresy.

Exodus looks like an old 7 feet tall human with a long beard and wearing a robe with a blue glow, sitting on an adorned golden scale. There are branches stuck to his shoulders and sprouting from his head.

Exodus represents the Zodiac sign of Libra.

Combat

Exodus starts combat by using his insightful surge ability. Exodus focuses on dealing damage to his opponents with his radiant assault and disintegrate spell-like abilities. Exodus usually goes after the spellcasters first, then the physical attackers. Occasionally, Exodus will make use of his Imperious Command feat.
When Exodus's hit points drop to half his total or lower, he uses his Law Devotion feat to gain a significant bonus to either his AC or attack bonus, as needed. He also start using his finger of death and meteor swarm spell-like abilities as well.
When Exodus's hit points drop to less than 25% his full hit points, he uses his paling ability in an attempt to survive some more, while trying to kill the enemy spellcasters.

Greater Spellcasting Affinity (Ex): Exodus can use spells and spell-like abilities without provoking attacks of opportunity. Additionally, Exodus can ignore any focus or components required to cast his spells. Finally, Exodus can ignore any harmful effects done to him from spells cast by himself (such as hit point damage).

Insightful Magic(Ex): Exodus can make any spell-like abilities act as if affected by the Empower Spell-like Ability or Quicken Spell-like Ability once every 3 rounds for each effect. When Exodus's hit points are at half or below the total, both effects can be used once every other round.

Insightful Surge (Ex): as an immediate action once per day, Exodus can use this ability to be affected by the effects of the following spells (all CL 16th): arcane sight, greater resistanceSpC, true seeing.

Paling (Ex): once per day as a free action, Exodus can use this ability to become immune to physical attacks. This effect lasts for 2 rounds.

Penetrating Magic (Ex): Exodus's spells and spell-like abilities ignore spell resistance and any form of immunity to magic (such as the one granted by the spell immunity spell). Exodus's spells are still affected by an anti-magic field normally.

Spell-like abilities: at will: disintegrate (DC 26), radiant assaultSpC (DC 29), 2/day: finger of death (DC 28), meteor swarm (DC 31). Caster level 16th. Saves are Charisma-based.

---------------------------------------------
I want some help with this guy's feats.... any tips?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
Which Feats are you looking to switch out?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:29 AM »
Which Feats are you looking to switch out?

Those that grant +2 bonus to one save... I don't really know what else to put...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
Why is The Impure an aberration? He should really be an outsider. Native if you want, but definitely an Outsider.  The fort save for Consuming Blight should also 1/2 the damage.

Also, and this is just a suggestion, but make those 3 spells into an ability that he can use as a swift action or somesuch, so even if it's dispelled, he can resume it.  If you're trying to stay true to the the Tactics version, just make the ability 1/day as an immediate action, like Nerveskitter (hell, add nerveskitter to it). And state that he starts combat with it.

Also, I'll look at Exodus when I get time, but The Impure is a favorite of mine, so I had to finally get around to him. ;)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
Why is The Impure an aberration? He should really be an outsider. Native if you want, but definitely an Outsider.  The fort save for Consuming Blight should also 1/2 the damage.

Hmm... is it too overpowered not halving the damage?

Also, and this is just a suggestion, but make those 3 spells into an ability that he can use as a swift action or somesuch, so even if it's dispelled, he can resume it.  If you're trying to stay true to the the Tactics version, just make the ability 1/day as an immediate action, like Nerveskitter (hell, add nerveskitter to it). And state that he starts combat with it.

Hmm... I guess I will do this, and (sadly) I'm not doing Cuchulainn from FFT, but from FF12... if it was to be based on the FFT one, the guy would be a debuffing fat piece of meat, and it would make everything living around him die in 3 rounds  ;)...

Also, I'll look at Exodus when I get time, but The Impure is a favorite of mine, so I had to finally get around to him. ;)

Is it 'cause you're a Scorpio?  :smirk

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »
Not too overpowered, but a bit more than it should be, I think.

And yes, I am a scorpio, so that may have something to do with it. But he's just been so bad ass in FFT.

Sadly, I never finished FF12... I should do so. I want to see what he's like in that game...
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 12:01:57 AM »
Not too overpowered, but a bit more than it should be, I think.

And yes, I am a scorpio, so that may have something to do with it. But he's just been so bad ass in FFT.

Sadly, I never finished FF12... I should do so. I want to see what he's like in that game...

Personally, I only played it until the end because of the zodiac beasts. Seriously.

Oh yeah.... edited Cuchulainn a little...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »

Hashmal, Bringer of Order
Large Outsider (Earth)
HD 17d8+153 (289 HP)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares); burrow 30ft.
Init: 8
AC 37; touch 17; flat-footed 29
(-1 size, +8 Dex, +20 natural)
BAB +17; Grp +32
Attack claw +32 melee (3d6+15, 20/x2)
Full-Attack claws +32/+32/+27/+22 melee (3d6+15, 20/x2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
Special Attacks empowering surge, gaia's wrath, martial maneuversToB, rend, roxxor
Special Qualities DR 12/-, darkvision 60ft., enrage, essence of earth, fast healing 10, mighty arms, resistance to acid, cold, eletricity and fire damage 25, spell resistance 29
Saves Fort +19 Ref +18 Will +17
Abilities Str 32, Dex 27, Con 29, Int 21, Wis 24, Cha 25
Skills Balance +30, Climb +31, Concentration +29, Diplomacy +27, Intimidate +27,  Jump +33, Knowledge (nature) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Listen +27, Martial Lore +25, Sense Motive +22, Spot +27, Survival +12, Tumble +30
Feats Ability Focus (gaia's wrath), Combat Reflexes, Improved Rapidstrike (claw)Drac (B), Law DevotionCChamp, Power Attack, Rapidstrike (claw)Drac (B), Robilar's GambitPHB2, Weapon Focus (claw)
Challenge Rating 16?
Treasure None
Alignment LN

Scion set by the gods to wield and manipulate the laws of this world, and with holy power lead mankind to order. Created in opposition to Fandaniel the Protector, scion of light. Desiring to bring order to all things, he joined with Ultima in her battle against the gods. He gave his body to the Thousand-Years War, and when his strength was spent, down into the burning inferno he fell.

Hashmal looks like a 14 feet robust humanoid, his face resembling that of a large feline, with white hair and horns in his head, armored legs and huge metal arms.

Hashmal represents the Zodiac sign of Leo.

Combat

Hashmal begins combat by using his empowering surge ability. Hashmal favors melee combat, and tends to throw himself into the heat of the battle (provoking attacks of opportunity as he moves) while using his Robilar's Gambit feat to strike back at the attackers, as well as his various martial maneuvers. Hashmal is specially fond of using his various counters (such as fool's strike and rapid counter) and boosts (such as dancing mongoose). Occasionally Hashmal will use his roxxor ability to disable a foe.
When Hashmal's hit points are at half or below his full hit points, he uses his gaia's wrath ability, then follows with more melee attacks, and start using roxxor more often. He also uses his Law Devotion feat to get a bonus to attack rolls.

Empowering Surge (Sp): as an immediate action once per day, Hashmal can use this ability to be affected by the following spells (all of them CL 17th): haste, nerveskitterSpC, scintillating scalesSpC, superior resistanceSpC and true seeing.

Enrage (Ex): Hashmal can make an extra move, standard or swift action every round. Additionally, Hashmal gains a +4 morale bonus to damage rolls on his attacks. This ability becomes active when Hashmal's hit points are at half or below his max hit points.

Essence of Earth (Ex): Hashmal is immune to all abilites and spells with the earth descriptor. Additionally, if such effect deals damage, Hashmal heals a number of hit points equal to half the damage he would take. Finally, Hashmal can move through difficult terrain normally.

Gaia's Wrath (Su): Hashmal slams the ground with humongous strength, sending shockwaves through the ground. Once per day as a standard action, all creatures within 60 ft of Hashmal take 100 points of damage and fall prone. A successful Reflex save (DC 31) halves the damage and negates the fall. Creatures that are not touching the ground are unaffected. Additionally, the affected area becomes difficult terrain.

Mighty Arms (Ex): Hashmal's natural attacks have a +4 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, and are considered to be lawful for the purposes of damage reduction. Additionally, Hashmal is considered to have huge size for the purposes of bull rush, grapple and trip checks. Finally, on each melee attack Hashmal makes, he can choose squares he threatens that are adjacent to each other, and his attacks apply to creatures in those two squares equally. Hashmal can use this ability on any attack, even an attack of opportunity.

Rend (Ex):Roxxor (Su): as a standard action, Hashmal conjures a rock in his claws and throw it into one opponent within 60 ft., dealing 15d6 points of damage and stunning the target for 1 round. A successful Reflex save (DC 26) halves the damage and negates the stunning.

Maneuvers and Stances Known (IL 16):
Stances: Stance of Alacrity
Strikes: Colossus Strike (DC 28), Crushing Vise, Pouncing Charge
Boosts: Dancing Mongoose, Iron Heart Endurance, Raging Mongoose
Counters: Fool's Strike, Lightning Recovery, Rapid Counter, Wall of Blades

Each of Hashmal's maneuvers can be used once per encounter, and all expended maneuvers can be recovered with a single swift action, which must be immediately followed in the same round with a melee attack or using a standard action to do nothing else in the round.

----------------------------------------------------
Any tips on a feat to swap with his Weapon Focus?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
Okay, so some minor nitpicks, since I reread The Impure, I decided to check the others...

Zalera to hit: +6 BAB, -1 Size, +5 Str = +10, not 11. Am I missing something?
Shemhazai's Shifting Soul: The way it's written, she's immune to all energy. You need a clause that states that when she gets a new immunity, the other is lost.
The Impure's to hit: +15 BAB, -1 Size, +10 Str = +24, no +29. What's missing?
Impure's Damage: Damage should be 2d6+15 since 1.5 Str is +15 not +14.
Also, for his ability at 1/2 health, since he's an Outsider, Divine Power isn't as useful... I'd recommend Righteous Might if you want a good swift Str bonus. ;)

And now on Exodus:

To hit: +16 BAB, -1 Size, +5 Str = 20...
Damage seems to be off as well, +5 Str should add +7 damage for 1.5x...
Why the reduced reach for his large size?

And... For feats... hrm...
Exodus should have a fly speed. And thus should have Flyby Attack
Hrm... He's a judge, no? How about Imperious Command (Drow of the Underdark?) Would require you to move one set of skills to Intimidate, but hey.
Also, for the third. Get Improved Crit (Ray)... Disintigrate with a 19-20 crit range is pretty badass...
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
Zalera to hit: +6 BAB, -1 Size, +5 Str = +10, not 11. Am I missing something?

Fix'd

Shemhazai's Shifting Soul: The way it's written, she's immune to all energy. You need a clause that states that when she gets a new immunity, the other is lost.

Fix'd

The Impure's to hit: +15 BAB, -1 Size, +10 Str = +24, no +29. What's missing?

Probably you missed this:

Corruption (Ex): Cuchulainn's natural attacks have a +4 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, and are considered to be chaotic and evil aligned for the purposes of damage reduction. Additionally, these attacks deal 1 point of Constitution damage in addition to the normal damage.

Impure's Damage: Damage should be 2d6+15 since 1.5 Str is +15 not +14.

AC, is there any rule saying that slams get 1.5x Str to dmg? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything like that...

Also, for his ability at 1/2 health, since he's an Outsider, Divine Power isn't as useful... I'd recommend Righteous Might if you want a good swift Str bonus. ;)

Should I quicken this one as well?

And now on Exodus:

To hit: +16 BAB, -1 Size, +5 Str = 20...

Fix'd

Why the reduced reach for his large size?

Silly me wanting him to hit with his hands when he has a fucking huge scale to hit people with...

Hrm... He's a judge, no? How about Imperious Command (Drow of the Underdark?) Would require you to move one set of skills to Intimidate, but hey.

Isn't there an abilty or feat that let's you make a demoralize attempt as a swift action?

Made the other changes on Exodus...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 03:02:29 PM »
Probably you missed this:

Yes, I read that last time and somehow didn't this time... Still, +28 not +29...

AC, is there any rule saying that slams get 1.5x Str to dmg? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything like that...

Kind of...
Quote from: Rules Compendium p. 100
Since they only have slams, they get 1.5 strength to that... Although, in the spirit of full disclosure, some may argue that since it has multiple slams, it doesn't work that way, and that it only works when you have one natural weapon and that The Impure counts as having 4, since he has 4 slams. YMMV...

Should I quicken this one as well?
Yeah, I think so... Someone else may disagree with me. It's close to the same effect as Divine Power, except DP isn't useful when you have full BAB...

Isn't there an abilty or feat that let's you make a demoralize attempt as a swift action?
From Caedrus' Fear Handbook in our Handbook subforum...
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Since they only have slams, they get 1.5 strength to that... Although, in the spirit of full disclosure, some may argue that since it has multiple slams, it doesn't work that way, and that it only works when you have one natural weapon and that The Impure counts as having 4, since he has 4 slams. YMMV...

I guess I'll stick with 1x Str mod to dmg...

... and there's no way I can fit in 9 levels of Zhentarim Fighter on him... might as well skip swift action demoralize attempts...

EDIT: just forgot Cuchulainn has Weapon Focus (Slam), so he has a +29 bonus... and with this I guess I fixed everything that was missing...

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
EDIT: just forgot Cuchulainn has Weapon Focus (Slam), so he has a +29 bonus... and with this I guess I fixed everything that was missing...
D'Oh! My bad.  Guess everything's well then. ;)
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 06:19:23 PM »
.... After this talk about fixing my mistakes, I just thought of something: how does Rapidstrike really work? The way I understand, it would give 2 extra attacks to the creep... is it right?