Author Topic: Risada's Bestiary  (Read 84368 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Risada's Bestiary
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
Most bishonen angel evah...

Eh... you've seen nothing yet  :rollseyes

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2009, 12:19:02 PM »

Raphael
Large Outsider (Extraplanar, Lawful)
HD 16d8+96 (168 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares); fly 100 ft. (20 squares) (perfect)
Init: 6
AC 32; touch 15; flat-footed 26
(-1 size, +6 Dex, +17 natural)
BAB +16; Grp +28
Attack +4 axiomatic devoted spiritToB vicious large bastard sword +28 melee (2d8+12, 19-20/x2 + 2d6 damage)
Full-Attack +4 axiomatic devoted spiritToB vicious large bastard sword +28/+23/+18/+13 melee (2d8+12, 19-20/x2 + 2d6 damage)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks martial maneuversToB, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities curative presence, damage reduction 10/chaotic, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 10, low-light vision, immunity to acid, eletricity, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to cold and fire 10, spell resistance 26, tongues
Saves Fort +18 Ref +16 Will +17
Abilities Str 27, Dex 23, Con 22, Int 20, Wis 24, Cha 25
Skills Appraise +24, Balance +25, Concentration +25, Diplomacy +26, Heal +26, Knowledge (arcana) +24, Knowledge (nature) +24, Knowledge (religion) +24, Knowledge (the planes) +24, Listen +26, Sense Motive +26, Spot +26, Tumble +25
Feats Ability Focus (wings of flurry), Great Fortitude, Law DevotionCChamp, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (bastard sword), Weapon Specialization (bastard sword)
Challenge Rating 16
Treasure None
Alignment LN

In most Abrahamic religions, Raphael is a high ranking archangel that is counted among the seven that stand before God. His name comes from the Hebrew word for medicine "Rophe" and as such his name is said to mean "God heals" or "Healer from God". He is accepted by most schools of Christianity as he is one of the only two angels mentioned by name in scriptures that are considered canon, the other being Gabriel. He is credited in the Book of Tobit as the angel that healed the elder Tobias of his blindness. For this he is sometimes considered to be the patron saint of medicine and healing.

Raphael is a 14 tall male humanoid with blonde hair and slightly pink skin and feathery wings, wearing a blue armor and a sword.

Raphael is the cardinal angel of the east.

Combat

Raphael engages melee combat and use his various martial maneuvers, such as castigating strike and divine surge. Through the battle, he will use either his mass conviction or righteous wrath of the faithful spell-like abilities as needed to keep up the fight. Occasionally, he will use his wings of flurry to hurt those surrounding him.

Curative Presence (Su): every one of Raphael's allies within 30 ft from him (including himself) heals 10 hit points and 1 point of ability damage every round.

Martial Maneuvers (IL 16):
Stances: Martial Spirit
Strikes: Castigating Strike (DC 24), Divine Surge, Leading the Attack
Boosts: Covering Strike, Defensive Rebuke
Counters: Manticore Parry, Wall of Blades

Raphael has access to the maneuvers from the Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart and White Raven disciplines.

Raphael's expended maneuvers recover automatically every 3 rounds.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by chaotic creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of Raphael. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against chaos effect and a lesser globe of invulnerabilitySpell-like abilities: at will: wings of flurryRotD (DC 23). 2/day: quickened mass convictionSpC, reachCD restoration, righteous wrath of the faithfulSpC. Caster Level 16th. Saves are Charisma based.

Tongues (Su): Raphael can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »

Gabriel
HD 16d8+112 (184 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares); fly 100 ft. (perfect) (20 squares)
Init: 11
AC 35; touch 16; flat-footed 28
(-1 size, +7 Dex, +14 natural, +5 shield)
BAB +16; Grp +27
Attack +4 axiomatic icy burst white ravenToB large longsword +26 melee
(2d6+11, 17-20/x2 + 1d6 cold damage)
Full-Attack +4 axiomatic icy burst white ravenToB large longsword +26/+21/+16/+11 melee (2d6+11, 17-20/x2 + 1d6 cold damage)
Special Attacks martial maneuvers, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities DR 10/chaotic, darkvision 60 ft., divine flower, fast healing 10, low-light vision, immunity to cold, eletricity, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to acid and fire 10, spell resistance 26, tongues
Saves Fort +17 Ref +17 Will +17
Abilities Str 25, Dex 24, Con 25, Int 22, Wis 25, Cha 29
Skills Balance +26, Concentration +26, Decipher Script +22, Diplomacy +28, Heal +26, Knowlege (arcana) +25, Knowledge (nature) +25, Knowledge (religion) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Listen +26, Sense Motive +26, Spellcraft +25, Spot +26, Tumble +26
Feats Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Improved Critical (longsword), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Law DevotionCChamp
Challenge Rating 16
Treasure none
Alignment LN

In Abrahamic religion, Gabriel is a high ranking archangel second only to Michael. His name means "Master who is of God" and is known to be the left hand of God and the embodiment of the Holy Spirit, in contrast to Michael who is the right hand of God. His primary task is that of a messenger who told Zacharias of the birth of John the Baptist and the Virgin Mary of the birth of Jesus. By Muslims he is especially noted for revealing the Qur'an to Muhammad and for being the messenger that tells prophets of their obligations. While typically thought to be male or of a neutral gender in early texts, some schools of thought believe that the portrayal of Gabriel's feminine face in art denotes that Gabriel is in fact a female angel. This may be in contrast to Michael's male role as the right hand of God, but the subject is still largely debated in religious circles. When portrayed as a female she often holds a lily, suggesting her gentile feminine nature.

Gabriel looks like a 13 feet tall human woman, with green skin, a pair of wings and long black hair, wearing a golden armor and wielding a longsword in her right hand and a lily in her left hand.

Gabriel is the cardinal angel of the west.

Combat

Gabriel starts combat by using her wall of ice spell-like ability in order to split the enemy forces, then use her quickened haste to grant some bonuses to herself and her allies. She proceeds to engage her enemies into close combat and unleash her various strikes, such as the white raven hammer, or trip them. She will periodically (once every other round) take some distance to use her offensive spell-like abilities.

While in melee range, Gabriel will always look for a chance to flank someone and provide her bonuses from the swarm tactics stance to her allies, and will use her shield block and shield counter maneuvers, as well as her mass cure serious wounds to help her allies in need.

Divine Flower (Ex): the flower in Gabriel's left hand acts as a +4 light fortification light shield, except its armor check penalty is 0 and can be used to bash opponents as if Gabriel had the Improved Shield Bash feat.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by chaotic creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of Gabriel. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against chaos effect and a lesser globe of invulnerabilityMartial Maneuvers (IL 16):
Stances: Swarm Tactics
Strikes: Daunting Strike, White Raven Hammer, White Raven Strike
Boosts: Order forged from Chaos, White Raven Tactics
Counters: Shield Block, Shield Counter

Gabriel has access to the Devoted Spirit and White Raven disciplines.

Gabriel's expended maneuvers recover automatically every 3 rounds.

Spell-like Abilities: at will: cone of cold (DC 24), orb of coldSpC (DC 23). 2/day: mass cure serious wounds, quickened haste, wall of ice (DC 23)

Tongues (Su): Gabriel can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2009, 01:58:12 AM »

you werent kidding...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
[spam]

you werent kidding...
Meh.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Non-anime-geeks may not get this one.[/spam]

I like Gabriel's flower. So does, I believe, every wizard, ever. Gabriel herself doesn't need the 0% ASF, though I can see why you'd want to do it anyway - but it basically makes her a target for non-good Arcane casters everywhere.
Also, I foresee lots of immature jokes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:16:34 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »
[spam]
snip
[/spam]

Damn it. Can't win against Kaoru  :lmao

I like Gabriel's flower. So does, I believe, every wizard, ever. Gabriel herself doesn't need the 0% ASF, though I can see why you'd want to do it anyway - but it basically makes her a target for non-good Arcane casters everywhere.

Removed the 0% ASF, just in case...

Eh... why is that? (you don't need to answer that   :rollseyes)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »

(I'm doing it anyway.)
Just wait 'till a player comments on how Gabriel is hitting them in the face with her 'flower'... Or maybe I'm just tired and feeling silly and immature. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »

(I'm doing it anyway.)
Just wait 'till a player comments on how Gabriel is hitting them in the face with her 'flower'... Or maybe I'm just tired and feeling silly and immature. :D

They won't mind... much  :smirk

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »

Michael
HD 20d8+160 (250 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares); fly 100 ft. (perfect) (20 squares)
Init: 11
AC 36; touch 16; flat-footed 29
(-1 size, +7 Dex, +20)
BAB +20; Grp +34
Attack deus xiphos +37 melee (2d8+19, 19-20/x2)
Full-Attack deus xiphos +37/+32/+27/+22 melee (2d8+19, 19-20/x2)
Special Attacks heaven's blade, martial maneuvers, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities DR 15/chaotic, darkvision 60 ft., deus xiphos, fast healing 10, low-light vision, immunity to cold, eletricity, fire and petrification, protective aura, resistance to acid and sonic 15, spell resistance 31, tongues
Saves Fort +20 Ref +18 Will +18
Abilities Str 30, Dex 25, Con 26, Int 23, Wis 27, Cha 27
Skills Balance +32, Concentration +31, Diplomacy +33, Intimidate +31, Jump +35, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +29, Knowledge (religion) +29, Knowledge (the planes), Listen +31, Martial LoreToB +29, Search +31, Sense Motive +31, Spot +31, Tumble +32
Feats Flay FoeCoR, Improved Initiative (B), Law DevotionCChamp, Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing)PHB2, Power Attack, Slashing FlurryPHB2, Weapon Focus (deus xiphos), Weapon Specialization (deus xiphos)
Challenge Rating 19?
Treasure none
Alignment LN

In Abrahamic religion, Michael is the highest ranking archangel mentioned in the Book of Revelation. His name means "he who is like God" in Hebrew and he rose to become the leader or field commander of the Army of God during the revolt of Satan in heaven, and he was so respected by the other angels that his name was shouted as a battle charge. He was able to cast Satan down into the abyss and, in another tale, was the angel that came to the aid of Gabriel during his contest with the Persian angel Dobiel.

In Israel he is the advocate and Prince of Heaven who watches over the children of Christ, he is also the one who weights the souls of the dead and removes names from the book of life. By the times of medieval Christianity, Michael was one of the principal angels and considered the patron saint of chivalry. He is often depicted as a handsome angel with beautiful wings holding a holy sword that can repel any weapon or scales.

Michael is a 15 feet tall tanned humanoid with black hair, wearing a golden breastplate and wielding a holy sword known as Deus Xiphos, said to be able to cut through anything.

Michael is the cardinal angel of the south.

Combat

Michael uses his enhancing abilities and the law devotion feat and engage his enemies in melee, hitting them with his Deus Xiphos. He favors hunting the supporting units on the enemy force first. Occasionally he will use his radiant assault ability to damage and (hopefully) daze those hit by it.

Deus Xiphos (Ex): Michael possesses a +5 axiomatic devoted spiritToB shadow strikingToM valorousUE large bastard sword that ignores any type of miss chance on the creatures it attacks. Additionally, as a free action, this weapon can be changed into a glaive of the same size as a free action.

Heaven's Blade (Su): Michael brandish his weapon fiercely, striking every creature standing in his way. Whenever Michael makes a full attack, all creatures within a 30 ft cone originating from Michael are targeted by Michael's attacks. Michael rolls each attack only once, and compare the result against all creatures' AC.

Martial Maneuvers (IL 20):
Stances: Aura of Perfect Order
Strikes: Adamantine Hurricane, Law Bearer, Time Stands Still
Boosts: Iron Heart Surge, Scything Blade
Counters: Lightning Recovery, Manticore Parry, Wall of Blades

Michael has access to Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind and Iron Heart disciplines.

Michael's expended maneuvers recover automatically every 3 rounds.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by chaotic creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of Michael. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against chaos effect and a lesser globe of invulnerabilitySpell-like abilities: 2/day: quickened divine favor, quickened ferocity of the sanguine rageDrM, radiant assaultSpC, righteous wrath of the faithfulSpC

Tongues (Su): Michael can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »
I seek help here. Is there any feats that can help enhance his melee damage? There's 2 free slots here...

Bump  :blush

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »
Looking for better damage , or perhaps some additional effect?  Effects might be easier.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
Looking for better damage , or perhaps some additional effect?  Effects might be easier.

Any of them, as long as he can keep up with some high-level players...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2009, 12:11:55 PM »
Hmmm...

Well if he took Weapon Focus for the sword he could get Power Critical but thats kinda sucky for two feats...

Looking through the books really quick he doesn't seem to meet the prerequisites fro much, and doesn't have enough Feats left to spend on them except soemthing using Combat Reflexes (Deft Opportunist maybe?).

You could always just make a few Feats.

Piercing Yaoi Smite comes to mind as an example name... :smirk

OK ynot but I just hadda use that one...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
Piercing Yaoi Smite comes to mind as an example name... :smirk

:twitch :lmao

Dammit, you got me on this one...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »
Fixed some text on Michael's Heaven's Blade, and added some feats...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
*thread ressurection*

Added some small info on Raphael, Gabriel and Michael...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »
I seek help here. Is there any feats that can help enhance his melee damage? There's 2 free slots here...
I see he has some Knowledges. Give him Knowledge Devotion?
Unfortunately, the two easy ways I can think of off the top of my head to make a weapon deal bigger damage apply only to bludgeoning weapons (Greater Mighty Wallop) or to Warhammers (Titan Bloodline).
Perhaps allow him to Dive and give him some charger feats?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:05:15 AM by Agita »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2009, 11:40:21 AM »
I see he has some Knowledges. Give him Knowledge Devotion?

Well.... if I swap some points around to give him Knowledge (local), then it might be possible...

About ubercharger... I thought about using those charging maneuvers together with Shocktrooper/Combat Brute.... but then I gave him Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing) and Slashing Flurry... dunno why  :rollseyes

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »

About ubercharger... I thought about using those charging maneuvers together with Shocktrooper/Combat Brute.... but then I gave him Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing) and Slashing Flurry... dunno why  :rollseyes
Also, find some way to give him Pounce. Ubercharging+Heaven's Blade=Neat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:24:27 PM by Agita »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »

Also, find some way to give him Pounce. Ubercharging+Heaven's Blade=Neat.

So, swap MWM and Slashing Flurry for Improved Bull Rush and Shocktrooper, and add Pouncing Charge as one of his strikes?  :plotting