Author Topic: Legacy Champion and Epic Illithid Savant  (Read 2959 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Legacy Champion and Epic Illithid Savant
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
Unfortunately this deserves its own thread, as it was too much for the simple question thread.

Lets start with the basics:
Quote from: Legacy Champion
you gain class features and an increase in effective level as if you had also gained a level in a class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level.

The Question: If a character finishes Illithid Savant and have room for legacy champion, does it allow the character to in essence gain the class abilities for the 11th and above levels (this is basically the epic progession)?

I understand this won't help with epic feats or spellcasting, just with the increased instances of pre-epic abilities, exactly like everything granted by the epic class here.

The only thing I could find limiting this stackage was this:
Quote from: SRD
A ten-level prestige class can progress beyond 10th level, but only if the character level is already 20th or higher.
It is still unclear whether this overrides the abnormal allowances of the Legacy Champion PrC.

But here's the kicker - even if it does this seems to say that 'A ten-level prestige class can progress beyond 10th level ... if the character level is 20th.' This would seem to mean that outside of another more specific limitation, upon gaining 20th level (but without being epic) any Legacy Champion levels would all at once give the progression's extra abilities

So, anyone else wanna take a crack at this question? I'm not set with an answer. You don't even have to be intimately familiar with epic play since all this would really do is grant a few more instances of pre-epic play.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:20:50 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
Re: Legacy Champion and Epic Illithid Savant
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »
first i was wondering what you wanted...  ???

then i eventually realized that you asked a question so...

Noone knows!

as far as i know there is no official ruling on this and therefor you shoud simply ask your GM

i personaly would not allow progressions beyond 10th level of a 10 level prc since they dont exist aswell  as epic progressions you're NOT EPIC!
but thats just my opinion...
other opinions include:
you can progress everything you want(hellfire warlock)
you can only progress baseclasses(i read that once too)

but any answer given here(unless cust server finally said something) can only be a personal interpretation and you dont have to convince us only your GM and players ;-)
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

Wih

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
I think a reasonable answer that takes both rules into account would be that you would be consider 11th + level in the class, but only if you qualified for the epic level Illithid Savant - ie, you would not gain anything new until you hit 20 ECL, in which case you would get a sudden influx of class abilities as you now qualify. Consider it a weird form of bootstrapping?
You're reading a genuine, 100% natural Wih post - they say they're as rare as hen's teeth from a Chicken Infestee's pocket. Oooh, aaah! </unlurk>

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 02:53:47 AM »
Wih, I have to agree with you. That's pretty much the conclusion I was brought to.

If no one disagrees, I guess my original guess was right   :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:39:25 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r