Author Topic: Fairy Meat?  (Read 2647 times)

ShaggyShaggs

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • He's just this guy, you know?
Fairy Meat?
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
I was wondering if anyone's ever played a game called Fairy Meat, and if so, what your impression of the game was.  I heard about it from an ex some years back, and while I've never had an opportunity to play the game (or even review the rules), the fluff she described interested me a lot.  Anyone have any hands-on experience with it?
"Your STFU N00b roll fails!"
"Crap. Can I make a saving LOL?"

"I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights. I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please; but, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that?" - George Carlin

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Fairy Meat?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »
I knew a couple of goth girls obsessed with it, but alas I never got to play.  Looked fun tho.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
Not actually heard of it, although the name is intriguing.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Skeeve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Who's Better than Kanyon?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:10:24 PM »
Oh, I haven't played Fairy Meat in *years*.  It was pretty neat, I gotta say.  Easy enough to set up, since you don't need any special terrain or anything like that, just your figurines and the rulebooks.

Orion

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »
The name is, indeed, intriguing. Anyone care to summarise the premise?

Shigunaru

• I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 08:57:26 PM »
The name is, indeed, intriguing. Anyone care to summarise the premise?

+1

You got me curious too
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

Skeeve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:51:02 PM »
It is a miniatures wargame... on a 1:1 scale.  Each player controls a warband of faeries who've all gone mad with cannibalistic lust.  The goal is to destroy your opponent's clutch of fairies, but the twist is that your troops can eat dead faeries and steal their power.

ShaggyShaggs

• He's just this guy, you know?
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
It is a miniatures wargame... on a 1:1 scale.  Each player controls a warband of faeries who've all gone mad with cannibalistic lust.  The goal is to destroy your opponent's clutch of fairies, but the twist is that your troops can eat dead faeries and steal their power.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I heard.  That and that there were some cyborgs that somehow involved decapitation (cyborg cannibals = recycling?), and undead gnomes or something.

How open was the system to manipulation?  Is cannibal fairy Pun-Pun (Nom-Nom?) possible?
"Your STFU N00b roll fails!"
"Crap. Can I make a saving LOL?"

"I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights. I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please; but, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that?" - George Carlin

Skeeve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what I heard.  That and that there were some cyborgs that somehow involved decapitation (cyborg cannibals = recycling?), and undead gnomes or something.

How open was the system to manipulation?  Is cannibal fairy Pun-Pun (Nom-Nom?) possible?

That must've been an expansion I didn't have... the cyborgs, anyway, decapitation and dismemberment is standard fare when you get lots of hungry faeries playing tug-of-war.

As far as open to manipulation, not really at all.  My rulebook is boxed up at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that each type of faerie had set stats and a set point cost, you paid points to give them a weapon, picked one of two spell lists for each one, and away you went.  All you had to do was make sure that your assorted faeries and armaments didn't go over your point cost.

Rev

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »
I've seen it before but never had a chance to play more than the quickstart rules.

Kind of fun to play but twinkle fairies tend to be a bit better than the rest because of their unique ability.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."