Author Topic: E6 Pathfinder  (Read 3299 times)

Farodin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
E6 Pathfinder
« on: May 24, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »
E6 campaign, and I would humbly like to request your help with that. The old one died, and as my DM wants to give the Pathfinder rules a try, he thought this was a convenient point to convert everything.

Houserules
  • As has been said, the game is going to be a combination of E6 and Pathfinder RPG. Epic feats are probably going to be similar to those in the thread, but my DM first wants to take a closer look at them. This is still pretty far away though.
  • Books allowed: obviously Pathfinder, the core books whenever not overruled by Pathfinder, the Complete series, PHB II, and the Magic Item and Spell Compendium. Note that magic items may be hard to get because of E6. Campaing setting books are definitely not allowed. I would have to ask about the rest I think.
  • Races are restricted to human, halfling and dwarf only (so no templates for reduced point buy either).

The characterTroubling points
  • Ability distribution: physical ability scores are no longer irrelevant. Should I put points in strength to go melee when necessary, or would it be better to just play spellcaster only and stay in bird/elemental form most of the time. (Caster only may be a bit better because no MAD)
  • How good will summons be when we reach a pretty high epic level, like when fighting cr 9 monsters or so? How good will I be at melee if I start with 14 str, but put all the level bumps in wisdom?

Any advice on Epic 6 or the Pathfinder rules is welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.  :)

Also: Whee! first post here. why is there no *take hat off* smiley?
Edit: Added build table.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 04:58:08 PM by Farodin »
I own your soul now.
I can see what you see not, vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone, whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be, shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind - cast down into the halls of the blind.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: E6 Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
I am a huge fan of the feat; Skill Focus [Basket Weaving]  :P
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!