Author Topic: Opinion on Legacy Item?  (Read 1391 times)

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Opinion on Legacy Item?
« on: February 12, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
I'm planning to design a Legacy Item incorporating a bunch of support-type abilities for an archer. The base item is going to be a +1 chahar-aina (or a buckler, if the first is not allowed) using Table 4-3 for the costs (total of -3 skill check penalties and loss of 20 HP). Basically, it'll be a piece of armor in an unconventional slot with the intention of uniting a whole bunch of defensive and utility powers.

The final effect is a sentient thing which can spam various SLAs at will and remain active in an AMF. It makes its wielder immune to surprise and also includes other fun immunities such as soulfire and so on.

L6 Telekinetic (A)
L7 Magic Cipher (A)
L8-10 Scorching Ray (at will) (C)

L11 Cunning (D)
L12 Glitterdust (D)
L13 Intelligent Item Legacy (D)
L14 Slippery Barrier (D)
L15 Uncanny DOdge (D)

L16-17 Mind Blank (H)
L18 Enhancement Upgrade (G) (+1 to +6)
L19 Enhancement Upgrade (G) (+6 to +8)
L20 Enhancement Upgrade (G) (+8 to +10)

Critiques, anyone?

bitznarf

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Opinion on Legacy Item?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
I would say that the costs don't appear to match the item - the cost to your stats are supposed to matter (like flaws).  So unless this is also a skill monkey character (and thus the -3 to skills actually matters) then I think it needs some tweaking.

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
Yes, it is a skillmonkey character. Also, I'd think losing 20 HP would hurt for an archer type (well, most archer types)...

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »
Yes, it is a skillmonkey character. Also, I'd think losing 20 HP would hurt for an archer type (well, most archer types)...

Not as much as you'd think, because archer tactics usually involve keeping well away from the fray while firing. Table 4-4 might be more appropriate.

On an unrelated note, I originally typed that word as "frat", which makes no sense at all.