Author Topic: My Friend's First Buomman Druid  (Read 2734 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
My Friend's First Buomman Druid
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
Intro
Since this player is new to D&D and wants to play a Wild Shape happy Druid, I figured I'd help her.  This character is primarily meant to tank and melee.

Campaign & Character Constraints
-I'm using a 32 point buy.  Wealth and gear are standard for ECL1s.

-We begin NAKED and IMPRISONED at ECL1 with no guarantee of getting our pre-imprisonment stuff back.  As a Druid, this matters little.

-We probably won't get past level 10.

-No respeccing, rebuilding, or retraining.  Ever.

-Alignments Allowed: True Neutral and any Good.  I may be able to persuade my DM into allowing LN or CN, but I'd prefer not.

-No undead PCs.  We can still rebuke, command, and create undead minions.

-2 flaws and 2 traits.

-All polymorph buffs are self-only.  Wild Shape is self-only.

-Magic-psionic transparency is in place.  Magic item creation feats can't be used to make psionic items and vice versa.

-The max number of skill ranks is always 3 + HD.

-As this isn't Eberron, there are no action points!

-Willing allies may pay up to 100% of the crafting XP cost.

-Disable Device also covers locks.

-Summon nature's ally isn't worth casting and thus I want to avoid summoning.

-Leadership is gutted and not worth using.

Source Material
-Anything 3.5 or unupdated 3.0, pending DM approval.  No wraithstrike.
-Anything from the Spell Compendium will require a "good reason" to take.  Fortunately, most SC spells are available from other sources.

Party Mates
Dragonborn Fire Elf Conjurer5/Incantatrix10/Master Conjurer1/Archmage3/Olin Gisir1
Crowd control central and buff persister.

Dragonborn Nezumi (Oriental Adventures 13) Barbarian1/Martial Transmuter5/Eldritch Knight6/Abjurant Champion5/EK+3 *UNCONFIRMED*
If she joins, she'll be a dragoon gish.

Strongheart Halfling Cloistered Cleric4/Church Inquisitor1/CC+2/Divine Disciple5/Contemplative6/CC+2
Clerical crowd controller, buffer, and would-be Wizard

Human Rogue1/Artificer19
Skill monkey, magesmith, and Blastificer

My Build: Dragonborn Buomman (Planar Handbook 8) Druid20
Stats: 8 STR/10 DEX/16 CON/14 INT/20 WIS/6 CHA

Notes: I want to be an effective melee person with Wild Shape and no summoning.  I'm mostly unsure on what feats to pick.

-=LEGEND=-
Specific Feat
[Class Feature or Bonus Feat]
{Trait or Flaw}

1: {Aggressive}, Improved Initiative, [Shaky], [Weak Willed], -=FEAT=-, -=FEAT=-
2:
3: Gatekeeper Initiate
4:
5: [Wild Shape 1/day]
6: Natural Spell.  Duh.
7:
8:
9: -=FEAT=-
10:
11:
12: Dragon Wild Shape
13:
14:
15: -=FEAT=-
16:
17:
18: -=FEAT=-
19:
20:

Skillz to Pay da Billz
Max Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, UMD

Should I invest anything in Craft?  With a Wizard ally able to cast magecraft, and masterwork tools, we can take 10 and get over 20.  For some reason, I thought of maxing Craft: Traps with this character and I don't recall why.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"