Author Topic: Zookeeper of Death  (Read 1458 times)

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Zookeeper of Death
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »
While rereading up on  trapsmith for swiftblade shenanigans, I realized something about the previous PrC in dungeonscape.... Beast Heart Adept.

hmmmm..... a prestige class that gives a bunch of animal companions? where have I heard THAT before? 

Ah, the beastmaster, welcome back.  I see you've upgraded to abberations and magical beast.
wait.... both exist...?

how ridiculous can we make our animal companion spam?  druid+ranger+beastmaster+beast heart adept+fey bard+bloodlines?  legacy champion? uncanny trickster?
what about the Natural Bond feat?  or the similar feats? leadership for a dragonfire inspiration bard?

this idea is alot like the supermount one, but more of a "death horde" idea.  how silly can we get? how many companions can we muster up? how strong can we make them?
will be updating this as ideas come forth.  I hope optimizers better than myself can contribute to this idea  :D
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Zookeeper of Death
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »
Reserved. just in case.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Zookeeper of Death
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
I'd just like to point out that the FAQ ruled that animal companion is not advanced by bloodlines. Check out the thread on this board "Check out WotC's newest BS" and Ctrl+F Bloodlines.

Now, what you need to do is go Druid/Prestige Ranger/Fey Bard, that'll net you 3 animal companions, but they'll be super weak. So pick something useful, like a hawk, an owl, and get a wolf just 'cuz. Then with beastmaster, you should be able to pump up one of your animal companions, and I'm AFB from Beast Heart Adept, but that should help too.

Check out the Iron Chef CO project with the secret ingredient Beastmaster. Someone used Beastmaster with Witchborn Binder to share dissolving spittle with their animals, and they had like 4 animals throwing out dissolving spittle ranged touch attacks. It was a pretty cool build.