Author Topic: CO team, what level adventures?  (Read 4977 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: CO team, what level adventures?
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »
We need to sticky that list. I'll start a new thread, and see if I can get a BG's attention.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

DaveTheMagicWeasel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • If you optimize it, they will come
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
Using Monty Python to fight against splatbooks?! You can't use awesome to battle cool! That just doesn't work.

Huh?

I'm not arguing against splat books - most characters (i.e. non-casters) need splat books just to hit level 3.

In fact, personally I don't mind an occasional bit of level 4 - all that really matters is that the PCs are balanced against one another, and sometimes a subpar character concept can be saved with some creative rules interactions.

I wanted the Python reference is all, it amused me.

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
And the Lord spake, saying,

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Splat Books, then shalt thou optimize to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt optimize to, and the number of the optimizing shall be three. Four shalt thou not optimize to, neither optimize thou to two, excepting that thou then tweaketh thine build to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Optimized Character towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Amen.
100% pure, unadulterated win.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »
I wanted the Python reference is all, it amused me.
It was a joke. That's all.

Handy Links