Author Topic: Thief Acrobat/Temple Raider of Olidamarra  (Read 2726 times)

Apupunchau

• Monkey bussiness
Thief Acrobat/Temple Raider of Olidamarra
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:38 PM »
Hi,

Well I never really posted much on the CO board at WotC although I did read a lot of the fine guides and suggestions I saw their and integrate them into the builds I was already working with. Anyway without further ado here's what I'd like some help with.

So I'm making a new character from my current game. Just tired of playing my old character so it's time for a change. The party is missing a rogue and/or skill monkey. Anyway the party is basically all made a of freaks not a human in the bunch so I tried to pick something none of the other players had seen. The party has a half-ogre meat sheild, a Kobold insane mage (sorcerer/wild mage and a PrC from Races of the Dragon), a half vampire ninja and an Araenea (sp?) Swashbuckler.

What I'm looking for is suggestions of feats (I haven't chosen any), substitution levels (I get trapfinding twice. For rogue and TRoO so maybe a sub level for the rogue one), or another class to get into these class or to replace thief acrobat as I'm not totally set on it, race (I like the Kenku but I'm not set on it but whatever it is it should be a non standard race) and maybe some ideas on some good equipment.

My DM doesn't like one level here one level there characters so any dips would have to be probably two but more likely three levels. I choose thief acrobat because for some reason I have this over whelming need to make builds that finish more than one PrC but that isn't totally required here.

Book: Core, The Complete series although some stuff from Scoundrel might be out, PhbII except for the classes he hates the classes, Race of Series. Absolutely no ToB or anything Psionic. We are playing in Forgotten Realms so all of those books are available as well.

I think that about it for that information now here is the build in progress. Oh yeah we'll be level 17 to start.

Race: Kenku

Stats at level 17: Str 12 +1, Dex 23 +6, Con 12 +1, Int 16 +3, Wis 14 +2, Cha 14 +2

Requirements
Temple Raider of Olidamarra
AL: Any Chaotic
Bab +5
Skills: Disable Device 4, Knowledge Religion 1, Open Lock 4, Search 8
Special: Must worship Olidammara

Thief Acrobat
Skills: Balance 8, Climb 8 Ranks, Jump 8 Ranks, Tumble 8
Special: Evasion class Feature

Bab   Fort   Ref   Will   Abilities
+0   +0   +2   +0   Sneak Attack +1d6, Antiquarian ComCh (replaces Trapfinding), Weapon Finesse
+1   +0   +3   +0   Evasion
+2   +1   +3   +1   Sneak Attack +2d6, Quick Fingers DunSc (replaces Trap Sense +1), Dodge
+3   +1   +4   +1   Disruptive Attack Variant PHBII (replaces Uncanny Dodge)
+3   +1   +4   +1   Sneak Attack +3d6
+3   +1   +6   +1   Fast Acrobatics, Kip Up, Steady Stance, MobilitySpring Attack
+6   +2   +9   +2   Defensive Roll 2/day, Improved Evasion
+6   +2   +11   +4   Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1
+7   +2   +12   +5   Sneak Attack +4d6, Staggering Strike
+8   +3   +12   +5   Uncanny Dodge
+9   +3   +13   +6   Trap Sense +2
+9   +3   +13   +6   Sneak Attack +5d6, Hamstring
+10   +4   +14   +7   Improved Uncanny Dodge
+11   +4   +14   +7   Trap Sense +3
+12   +4   +15   +8   Sneak Attack +6d6, Elusive Target
+12   +5   +15   +8   Skill Mastery
+13   +5   +16   +9   Luck Domain, Trap Sense +4

Skill Points: Rogue (8+int mod x8), Thief Acrobat (6+int mod x5), Temple Raider of Oldimarra (4+int mod x5)
Hit Points: Rogue (5d6+con mod), Thief Acrobat (5d6+con mod), Temple Raider of Oldimarra (5d6+con mod)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:46:24 PM by Apupunchau »

Apupunchau

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Thief Acrobat/Temple Raider of Olidamarra
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
So nobodies replied here or on the WotC CO board so I did some poking around. The first thing I found is that most people recommend taking four levels of a full Bab class to get to Bab 16 by level 20. I'm not sure I want to go that route though, I don't really need to be a combat monster. I also went through all the feats and picked what I think is an interesting feat build but I'm not sure about it just yet. Also since I get uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge from temple raider I used the PhBII variant that gives me "Disruptive Attack". Anyway here's the list of feats I've though about and I'll update the original post wit them and the variant. Also I'm really looking for something to replace trapfinding for the level one rogue is there a Variant somewhere that replaces.

1st Weapon Finesse
3rd Dodge
6rd Mobility
9th Spring Attack
12th Staggering Strike
15th Hamstring
18th Elusive Target
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:34:39 PM by Apupunchau »