Author Topic: Highest Max Dex bonus?  (Read 6351 times)

spectre3541

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Highest Max Dex bonus?
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »
Quick question:

What type of armor allows the highest dex bonus? I know that mithral adds +2. Are there any other materials that raise that?

Thanks in advance for the help!

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Highest Max Dex bonus?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
I believe that the honor goes to the Bracers of Armor with a max dex of infinity.

And I think that some sort of padded armor can be modified to have a Max Dex of 11 or higher, though when you reach that point, you're better off with bracers of armor.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
For future reference, this would be better off in the Ask a Simple Question thread.  ;)

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »
For future reference, this would be better off in the Ask a Simple Question thread.  ;)

True.

There is an exotic armour, something along the lines of Gnomish cloth twist from one of the completes I think. It's glorified padded armour that has no dex limit.

Edit: Gnomish twistcloth, races of stone, skydragonsaid it here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=142.msg108764#msg108764.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:39:50 PM by juton »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »
Not technically armor, but a monk's belt has no ACP, ASF, or Max Dex, and the potential bonus to AC granted is infinite, so long as you boost your Wis.

Also, greater/mage armor and inertial armor.

Imagine a venerable (+3 Wis) anthropomorphic bat (+6 Wis) with a starting Wisdom of 27. Take levels in psychic warrior, or ardent (+5 Wis through HD upgrades), +6 periapt (or belt of magnificience), and a tome (another +5) for a final Wis of 42. That alone is a +16 to AC, which stacks with a fully-augmented inertial armor (which is an additional +15, if Overchanneled). There's no Max Dex involved, so we can get another +10 out of it easily.

Of course, AC stops mattering much around level 7 or so, which is when you should focus on investing in miss chances and simply not being reachable.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »
MIC I think has a suit of artifact elven chain that has Max dex bonus of +8 I think.  And it is pretty dang cheap too as I recall.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:44:11 AM »
I believe that the honor goes to the Bracers of Armor with a max dex of infinity.

And I think that some sort of padded armor can be modified to have a Max Dex of 11 or higher, though when you reach that point, you're better off with bracers of armor.

Padded Thistledown is AC+1, Max Dex 10.  Dunno how you would mod it to reach 11, as you can't make it mithral.

Bracers of armor take up a different slot.  And anyways the point of Padded Thisteldown is 0 ACP, 0% ASF, meaning you can get a +1 Heavy Fort. mod on it and wear it with the bracers or a Archmage vest without losing anything but the body slot.

Hallack: wasn't it 32,000 or so?  The ASF and ACP on it weren't low though. 10% and -3 IIRC.

spectre3541

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 07:21:29 AM »
Thanks for the help!

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
Nimbleness enhancement from MIC increases max DEX bonus for ANY armor by +1, also reduces ACP by 2.  Only a +1 enhancement.  My Adamantine Body Warforged love this one.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!