Author Topic: Fighter V Wizard (Stolen from 339 boards)  (Read 78965 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Fighter V Wizard (Stolen from 339 boards)
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2010, 07:40:03 PM »
Have to agree, that video is the final nail in the Fighter's coffin (which is, admittedly, at this point composed entirely of nails).

Also, I never thought I'd say this, but on that argument a page back about Sunic being a dick... I have to take Sunic's side. The tangent about the Internet being Ruined Forever by assholes is so completely ridiculous, that I actually can't object without feeling dirty inside. Well done, BrokeAndDrive, you've put me in a position where I actually feel an urge to high-five Sunic. If you'd only stopped before throwing in that fine print, you wouldn't have made my usual position look so bad by association.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
Krusk is cool with that video.  You see, he's got a system.  He pays his dues, and his gals get protected.

Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
Have to agree, that video is the final nail in the Fighter's coffin (which is, admittedly, at this point composed entirely of nails).

Also, I never thought I'd say this, but on that argument a page back about Sunic being a dick... I have to take Sunic's side. The tangent about the Internet being Ruined Forever by assholes is so completely ridiculous, that I actually can't object without feeling dirty inside. Well done, BrokeAndDrive, you've put me in a position where I actually feel an urge to high-five Sunic. If you'd only stopped before throwing in that fine print, you wouldn't have made my usual position look so bad by association.

It's ok, there's no shame in bowing to my awesomeness. :smirk

Also, TML went back to win. Now if only he could stop bitching about a certain greeting, we'd be fine with each other again.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »
Personally, the more I see Sunic get johnson-stomped, the more my life becomes complete.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:30 PM »
Personally, the more I see Sunic get johnson-stomped, the more my life becomes complete.

Aww... did bwig bad Sunic salt your vagina...  :bigeye  AWWWWWWWWWW....  :lol

Naw I'm fucking with ya... he's do every so often.

\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »

Nah, I'm just messing with him. We get along fine.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
Do you think a Fighter 2 could grapple a Wizard 1,
during 1st level, keep him tied up the whole time,
and then go Pun-pun on him ?
I'm figuring a Fighter has to be level 2, to do both of those things.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »

Nah, I'm just messing with him. We get along fine.

Go fuck yourself noob. :D

*greases BeholderSlayer into lava*

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #408 on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #409 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
Now if only ... we'd be fine with each other again.
Can't we all just get along?  :lol

what the most abusive stuff was so it could be rebalanced, and made it look similar enough to a fighter vs. wizard thread on first glance that people joining in on the fifth page or later thought it was one.
Sorta. I made an extension of this one, but asking people to be creative by using a homebrew class (rather than having the usual full caster v full caster solution) to overcome the usual mundane vs magic gap. I had forgotten about this dead horse and I did try to rerail it repeatedly ftr.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #410 on: December 23, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
Fighters suck. Just letting you know. :D

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2010, 12:07:31 AM »
Is this the conclusion at which we took 21 pages to arrive? :P

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »

Counterpoint:

Fighters don't suck.  They blow.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »

Counterpoint:

Countercounterpoint:

A Fighter's most prominent class feature is its 1-way respiratory system, allowing it to both suck and blow at the same time.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »

Counterpoint:

Countercounterpoint:

A Fighter's most prominent class feature is its 1-way respiratory system, allowing it to both suck and blow at the same time.

Win.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]