Author Topic: D&D Iron Man?  (Read 10964 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: D&D Iron Man?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »
Human (Psionic?) Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker with an item familiar that is his armor?

That should cover all his bases.
Heh, that was pretty much my attempt at my first Iron Man :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: D&D Iron Man?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »
Battle caster has no requirement of actual proficiency with heavier armor types.  Still doesn't mean it is that great of an option.
I'm AFB right now, but I'll take your word for it.  I might have it confused with something else anyway.  ;)

Mithril Body isn't bad for a warlock though.  It's still light armor, and you can thus ignore the ASF without the need of Battle Caster.  Basically you trade +3 AC for -2 ACP.
I toyed with suggesting Mithril Body.  If you're going warlock and warforged, than this might be a good way to boost your AC.  I hate spending a feat to do this, but warlocks don't really have much in the way of AC boosting, and warforged can't wear armor.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]