Author Topic: Looking for a race  (Read 1897 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Looking for a race
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »
Does anyone know of a LA+0 race with a bonus to Intellegence but no penalty to Dexterity or Constitution?

Ideally, I'd like to find one without resorting to templates.  Otherwise, all I can think of is a dragonborn grey elf.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Re: Looking for a race
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »
Thanks.

Did someone move that master race list here, or is it still at Gleemax.  I'm assuming you're citing the one by AZSupermarket.  I checked the Races Handbook just to see, but it didn't have a master list.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
Necropolitan grey elf
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »
A Dragonborn Gray elf
Gray Elf: -2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +2 Int, medium, 30 ft., wizard, humanoid (elf), monster manual pg.104
-Bonus to Int
-Bonus to Dex
-Penalty to Con
 Would end up being -2 str +2 int.

\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »
Necropolitan grey elf
Nice.  I never thought about getting rid of Con entirely.  It's a template, but still, I like the idea.

A Dragonborn Gray elf
Gray Elf: -2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +2 Int, medium, 30 ft., wizard, humanoid (elf), monster manual pg.104
-Bonus to Int
-Bonus to Dex
-Penalty to Con
 Would end up being -2 str +2 int.
I mentioned that on in the OP as the only one I could think of.

I'm looking for straight races without templates, but still, I think the more info I have, the better off I'll be.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Venerable dragonwrought desert kobold? That's -4 Str, +2 Dex, +3 Int, +1 Wis, +3 Cha