Author Topic: I want to CHEAT like a motherfucker at Pathfinder.  (Read 31540 times)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Re: I want to CHEAT like a motherfucker at Pathfinder.
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
So whats the game breaking generalist build and spell list look like?
How does one make the game cry?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »
Hmm, spell wise, most of the old goodies should work just fine, excepting the specific spells they patched, like the polymorphs. Can't say offhand if I know of any new 'break game in half' stuff though.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:53 AM »
That's the problem with this concept... you can't make a build that just shows Pathfinder didn't go far enough.  If you want to show problems in Pathfinder, you need to do it by showing that the changes Pathfinder made were bad ones.  And while there's certainly a number (nerfing Power Attack and Improved Trip... did Fighters really need that?), I don't know of any actually game breaking ones that are anywhere near what 3.5 had already.

JaronK

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 06:05:46 AM »
And arguably Power Attack(but not Trip, that was a reaction to the reach tripper builds that were so bah-ro-ken, derp) is an improvement, as far as weak optimizers and TWFers go.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Umbral

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »
Here's the thing.

I have a friend who is too enamoured with Pathfinder to see what a complete waste of data it is. I want to show him how nothing's changed.

In order to do that, I have to destroy his campaign completely. I'll have to be a complete, cheating bastard who doesn't care for anyone's enjoyment.

What's the best way to show him Pathfinder is a band-aid made of shit spat out by a Beholder?

I don't approve of deliberatly ruining someones campaign and hard work. Or cheating, as a matter of fact. I don't think a disagreement over the system used is a mitigating reason. People who don't like the system being run should simply not play it.

I realize this sounds stuffy, but I am disappointed at how many peosters here are going along with it.

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
Here's the thing.

I have a friend who is too enamoured with Pathfinder to see what a complete waste of data it is. I want to show him how nothing's changed.

In order to do that, I have to destroy his campaign completely. I'll have to be a complete, cheating bastard who doesn't care for anyone's enjoyment.

What's the best way to show him Pathfinder is a band-aid made of shit spat out by a Beholder?

I don't approve of deliberatly ruining someones campaign and hard work. Or cheating, as a matter of fact. I don't think a disagreement over the system used is a mitigating reason. People who don't like the system being run should simply not play it.

I realize this sounds stuffy, but I am disappointed at how many peosters here are going along with it.

We just supply the guns: guns don't kill, people do  :smirk

But yeah, theres a lot of Pathfinder hate, and justifiably so. Sometimes you can't tell, you have to show. Are these good reasons to ruin a game? Natch.

But Kuro's awesome and yeah ... most of us hate Pathfinder  :rollseyes

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Here's the thing.

But yeah, theres a lot of Pathfinder hate, and justifiably so. Sometimes you can't tell, you have to show. Are these good reasons to ruin a game? Natch.

Thanks for reminding me, dude. Sometimes I forget that, myself.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
It is completely acceptable to take any and all steps required to get people to stop playing terrible games such as Pathfailure that do not involve illegal activities. And the crimes are only unacceptable because it's not worth going to jail over a bunch of fucking Paizils.

As ruining someone's game as an enlightenment project is not illegal, it is completely acceptable to do so.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Bester

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »
As ruining someone's game as an enlightenment project is not illegal, it is completely acceptable to do so.

I find the Pathfinder Core book to be heavier than any 3.5 book.  I don't like being hit with books.  While ruining someone's game is acceptable, the consequences may not be.

Using 3.5 core druid in a tier 4 party was the first time I ever got kicked out of a game.  Funny because I own all of the books the group has.  How dare my character be useful!!!  It really didn't help that I rolled a 75 point buy.

I am by default in the better to play a bad game than not play at all crowd however.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »

I find the Pathfinder Core book to be heavier than any 3.5 book.  I don't like being hit with books.  While ruining someone's game is acceptable, the consequences may not be.

Using 3.5 core druid in a tier 4 party was the first time I ever got kicked out of a game.  Funny because I own all of the books the group has.  How dare my character be useful!!!  It really didn't help that I rolled a 75 point buy.

I am by default in the better to play a bad game than not play at all crowd however.

Assault however is illegal. If they do assault you, you let the cops deal with it, and Bubba can run a Pathfinder game on them. :D

Also, be sure to Hi Welcome them.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:53 AM »
Here's the thing.

Main motivation for this thread really.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »
well, the whole party called him a twink, despite his lack of wow-playing... and the term "twink" actually originated from furcadia, i believe....
Twink originates from the gay community to indicate an attractive young man with no fashion sense that is dressed stylishly by his gay partner. This made the attractive young man similar to a 'twinkie' since he looked good but had no substance. As you might imagine, this translated into the online community as giving 'powerful' items to young characters.

Furcadia never used the word correctly, for the obvious reason that there were no items in Furcadia. People just used it interchangeably with Powergamer, Godmoder, and Munchkin.

Goddammit how do the NON furries know more about furcadia than I do?!

*grumbles*

Eh, I tried FC for a bit, never could get into it.  I wanted something with a more coherent game to it.  Anyway, has anyone tried that Furcadia RPG?
BG's other resident furry!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
well, the whole party called him a twink, despite his lack of wow-playing... and the term "twink" actually originated from furcadia, i believe....
Twink originates from the gay community to indicate an attractive young man with no fashion sense that is dressed stylishly by his gay partner. This made the attractive young man similar to a 'twinkie' since he looked good but had no substance. As you might imagine, this translated into the online community as giving 'powerful' items to young characters.

Furcadia never used the word correctly, for the obvious reason that there were no items in Furcadia. People just used it interchangeably with Powergamer, Godmoder, and Munchkin.

Goddammit how do the NON furries know more about furcadia than I do?!

*grumbles*

Eh, I tried FC for a bit, never could get into it.  I wanted something with a more coherent game to it.  Anyway, has anyone tried that Furcadia RPG?

Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
Here's the thing.

Main motivation for this thread really.

:lmao'd

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
Hey I like Pathfinder despite its flaws(much like 3.5 and nWoD), but some calls you gotta answer.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
There's one thing I really like about Pathfinder: fairly comprehensive and detailed items.
Pricing on frikkin' Birth Control.
Container sizes detailed right in their description and not somewhere entirely elsewhere.
Did I mention pricing on birth control?
There's other things that work (skill consolidation, it's apparently a common fix) and other things that fail hard (I'm looking at you combat maneuver nerf), but I am fond of their items.

Unfortunately, playing and abusing a wizard works bout as well to show 3.5's broken as to show Pathfinder's broken.  :p The real way to show that Pathfinder's worrisome is to play ... a nimble spiked-chain wielder, and fail at every step - trying to power attack, tumble, disarm, and trip as the weapon seems made to do.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »
Yeah... and then there's the stupid Flight skill. Seriously, why was that shit necessary?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »

Forgotten realms had this years ago.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »

Where, may I ask? And why hasn't Eberron discovered it?  :p

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 01:17:54 PM »

Where, may I ask? And why hasn't Eberron discovered it?  :p
In the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, page somewhere around 96. Both are herbs.

And Eberron is a completely different feel of game, which is why they don't have any officially named ones. It has to do with the high-fantasy noir feeling.

Edit: Correction, Eberron has it, too. It's called a Dagger. It deals 1d4 damage.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]