Author Topic: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread  (Read 22653 times)

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:19:12 PM »
The four of you are sitting in the briefing room of C24 HQ. It's 3:30 AM, and you've all recieved phone calls from the head of C24 himself, Director Jonathan Regent.  On the phone, he was reluctant to give much information, only stating the urgency of getting to the office as soon as possible.  Over the last 20 minutes, the four of you have come in one by one, but the Director has yet to arrive.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:03:42 AM by Bell »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Modern-Day Monsters Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:09:43 AM »
Paranoid as ever, Dog sniffs around the room, mostly ignoring the other unless they try to get his attention.

[spoiler]There's no skill check to use Scent.[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:19:09 AM »
"I take it you guys don't know what the big deal is all about either?" Dean says, half yawning.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:27:57 AM »
Just as clueless as you.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »
Wearing his fatigues, David looks completely awake despite the ungodly hour.  "We'll be briefed soon enough I'm sure."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »
"Hello, Gentlemen," says the Director as he finally walks in the door.  He carefully shuts and locks the door before walking to the front of the room. "I'm sure your curious as to why you all were called in this early. First I would like to apologize for the hour. I would have liked to wait until you came in in the morning, but this is very sensitive information, and we need to act fast." The director pauses, and turns to the computer at the front of the room.  With a few keystrokes, the lights dim, and the projector in the back of the room turns on.

"I wanted you to know that I chose the four of you specifically for this mission.  You've been doing good work lately, and over the last year and a half, your team has had a higher mission success ration than we've had around here for a long time."  The Director hit a button on a remote control, and a picture appeared on the wall behind him.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"This is Doctor Edward Broodman.  He is in charge of a classified project in the Nevada desert. You know all those rumors you've heard about Area 51, and a Roswell alien?  Well, they're all lies.  None of that happened.  It really was a weather balloon. But eight months later, something did crash.  In the Colorado Rockies.  A small, unmanned computer of some kind, more advanced than anything we'd ever seen, and more advanced than a lot of what we have right now. Codenamed ETC-1, for Extraterrestrial Computer-1.Anyway, Doctor Broodman was in charge of the research team that's assigned to ETC-1. 

"Five hours ago, we lost communications with the ETC-1 lab.  We haven't been able to contact them, and that's a big deal.  You guys are going in, and you're going to find out what happened.  I've got a plane waiting for you, and you've got half an hour to get you stuff and get in the air.  there's a car at the airstrip where you'll be landing, you'll have to drive from the airstrip to the lab.  There will be a GPS unit  in the car, and it will have the location programmed in.  The car will have the usual equipment in it, plus some extra firepower in case something has gone really wrong.  Now, any questions?"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:45:48 PM »
"Sir, what are the objectives for this mission?"
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »
Do I have Authorization 9387?

[spoiler=Authorization 9387]9387 is Charon's "Anything goes" code[/spoiler]
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
"What do we know 'bout the immediate surroundings of the ETC-1 lab?"  Dog's toothy drawl reverberates around the room.  "Access routes, potential ambush spots, climate..."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 01:56:48 PM »
"What about the security systems at said location? Anything that could be used against us or anything we might be able to use? Any chance of remote hacking to use them to our advantage?
How do we get in once we get there and how many entry and exit point are there? A detailed map would be good to plan our mission.

Also, aside from ETC-1 research, were there any other researches or experiments going on at the lab?

Any remote observation possible? Either via advanced scouts, reconnaisance planes or sattelites?

I'd like to be as prepared as possible."

Dean takes another sip of his coffee, trying to stay awake at this early hour.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 02:01:04 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »
Equipment packed for mission 1: ETC-1:
[spoiler]- 1x H&K Mk.23 SOCOM, with Suppressor, Illuminator and Laser Sight; 16 clips (4 normal, 4 AP, 4Glaser, 4 HP ) (12-box): 6+1+8 lb
- 1x FN Five-seveN, with Suppressor, Illuminator and Laser Sight; 16 clips (4 normal, 4 AP, 4Glaser, 4 HP) (20-box): 2+1+9 lb
- 1x H&K USP Compact (+2 Sleight of Hand to conceal); 16 clips (4 normal, 4 AP, 4Glaser, 4 HP)(13-box): 2+1/2+8 lb.
- 1x FN P90, with Laser Sight, Suppressor, and Illuminator; 15 clips (3 normal, 3 AP, 3 Glaser, 3 HP, 3 Tracer)(30-box): 13+7 1/2 lb
- 1x M16A4, with Electro-optical Scope, Illuminator, Bipod and Suppressor; 12 clips (3 normal, 3 AP, 3 Glaser, 3 HP)(30-box): 8+7 1/2+6 lb
- 1x Knights Armaments Master Key "S" (attached to M16A4); 20 buckshot shells (5 internal): 6 lb
- 1x AAT-21 Heavy 7.62 mm, with 5x 40 Ball Ammunition Ammo Belt/5x 40 Tracer Round Ammo Belt/5x 40 HP Ammo Belt

- C4 x4 blocks (4)
- Detonator, R/C (1/2)
- Demolitions Kit (5)
- Deluxe Electrical Tool Kit (33)
- First Aid Kit (3)
- Smoke Grenade x3 (6)
- Combat Knife (1)
- Taser x2 (4)
- Mastercraft Undercover Vest (3)
- Mesh Vest (7)
- Fatigues (Black) ( - )
- Fatigue Jacket (Black) ( - )
- Ghillie Suit (5)
- Climbing Gear (10)
- Binoculars, Electro-optical (4)
- Camera, Digital (1/2)
- Digital Audio Recorder (1)
- Bolt Cutter (5)
- Lockpick Set (1)
- Lock Release Gun (1/2)
- Zip-tie x10 (1/5)
- Gas Mask (5)
- Chemical Light Sticks x5 (1)
- Compass (1/2)
- Trail Rations x5 (1/2)
- Walkie Talkie, Professional (1)
- Portable Satellite Phone (2)
- Map, Tactical (1/2)
- Night Vision Goggles (3)

Total: 193 1/5 lb.[/spoiler]

Note: Once we have enough intel when we're on site, I'll decide on what to actually bring along inside the facility.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:30:20 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »
"There are dossiers waiting for you on the plane, with maps, security plans, and all the intel you've been authorized to receive.  Satellite coverage has been unavailable due to heavy cloud cover over the last 48 hours.  If we manage a visual before you arrive, the info will be waiting for you on the ground.  You'll be landing at Rodson Air Force Base outside of Gabbs, Nevada, then driving about an hour northeast, just south of Dry Lake. The facility is built into a cliff face, and most of the facility is underground.  Any other intel can be found in the dossiers we've provided. Your plane is waiting for you, so if there are no other questions, I'll take my leave."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
David crisply says, "Our objectives, sir."
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
Do I have Authorization 9387? I need to know how vicious I am allowed to be.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »
"Your mission objectives are contained in the dossier, but they boil down to recon and intelligence gathering. You are authorized to follow up on any leads you may come across. Charon, try to keep it subtle if possible, but the mission objectives come first. Authorization Protocol 1729. Good Luck gentlemen."

[spoiler=Authorization Protocol 1729] You can do what it takes to complete the mission, but the objectives do not lend themselves to wanton destruction, so keep it within reason.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:26:45 PM by Bell »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
"Think we'll need more than 4 blocks of C4, guys?

Also, don't forget to grab weapons with silencers for this mission, stealth could be a major advantage. I'm sorry Charon, but that means no Desert Eagles for you this time, especially since you and me are the most capable of stealth in our team. No need to ruin that with undampened .50 caliber fire"
Dean smirks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:49:20 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »
I silenced my DE's! And this is 1729, not 9387, so C4 will not be necessary. Charon says as he walks toward the door.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
Looking at Dean, David shakes his head.  "Blowing things up is not reasonable.  And stop provoking Charon, he knows what he is doing."
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »
Thanks Dave.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
David shrugs.  "We've been on missions together, my team has proven that they know what they are doing.  I don't like conflict within the team, it lessens morale and decreases efficiency."
Notes to self