Author Topic: [Tome] Jester/Dread witch  (Read 1459 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
[Tome] Jester/Dread witch
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
I want to make this character to be a guy who runs around using loads of fear effects on people and basically beating them down when they cower. Not getting into a lot of melee, more like standing back while the others hit my demoralized opponents. I'm plotting for dread witch and possible avenging executioner. Now, you may look at these lost caster levels, but to that effect I say that it's still possible via prestige bard and sublime chord to remain competitive. Besides, my main objective is getting the fear up there real high.

Problem: Qualifying. My main goal is gaining access to the fiendish sphere Terror, which is 100% of the dread witch requirements, as well as being totally awesome for those cool SLAs. I only really need minor access, but full would be cool too. I have no idea how to get access though, which is what I need help with. I wonder if I would be able to take it as a feat, maybe?

Stats: 11, 16, 12, 16, 12, 17. I rolled excruciatingly poorly on a 5d6 drop 2, because other people got like 5 18s and such, but ehh, I got what I need. Loads and loads of charisma.

No definitive build sketch, but I'd like to try to fit avenging executioner and dread witch in there, and I might just be able to get an item familiar of intimidate to help out, so intimidating people is no problem. The problem would be getting that fiendish sphere, it's like it was made for this exact purpose. I could actually qualify at level 3 if I dipped, say bard, and had that sphere.

FALSE EDIT: OMG I FOUND THE FEAT I NEED. DUMMY!

Well, can I get some help on the rest of this, then? How to best optimize fear... Maybe I'll call him Mr Scary.

TRUE EDIT: Serious question: Does the feat Product of Infernal Dalliance qualify me for the Conduit of the Lower Planes class? If so, whoopie, I could do that. If not, then I might try for that sublime chord idea.

Caedrus

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: [Tome] Jester/Dread witch
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 04:35:09 AM »
Woodenbandman,

I am in the midst of a Fear Handbook, if you will. For the meantime, may I forward you to one of my earlier works?

It's a little out of date, but it may help with what you need. Particular note should be paid to the Rules Compendium, which explicitly clarifies, and empowers, fear effects.

I hope this helps.

C.
Goodnight, Gentlemen; and Thank You.