Author Topic: Well..  (Read 2459 times)

Fuuga

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Well..
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
Well, my druid was rejected by my DM, because there's another druid and well, he wants me to play something less powerful. (The current druid is a first time player, and the only Tier 1 allowed).

But, in the bright side, my favorite manual got allowed after some err.. begging  :bigeye . That is, Tome of Battle.

So, now I can play a swordsage or warblade, both classes I love. This time tho, I want to build a swordsage, mostly based around mobility, and precise strikes that keep me on the move at all times, most likely picking off mages and squishies from behind with the shadow jaunt series. Now, for the questions I have for you my friends:

1) I was thinking about going Shadow Hand / Diamond Mind and a little dip on Desert Tempest (I can replace fire for cold in the discipline), is that a good or bad idea?
2) Should I go the TWF route, or given a bit of DM fiat already approved, use adaptative great sword along with shadow blade and power attack?
3) Can I get some advice on feats?

I'm going to be using a few of the combos in the dirty trick & combo library for ToB, hopefully I can put enough damage to be on par of the Psion and Druid.

Any and all suggestions welcome, thank you.
Space for sale. Ok ok, not for sale, siggy coming soon.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Well..
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:04:22 AM »
Swordsage with 2 kukris + Blood in the water (or Assassin's Stance for some SA damage) = lots of dmg

Since you are going to hop around, have you thought about Shadowlord Telflammar's Shadow Pounce?

For feats, Adaptive Style and Weapon Finesse are nice, and Shadow Blade if picking a Shadow Hand stance... and don't forget to grab some Tiger Claw stuff (Dancing and Raging Mongoose) and the Desert Wind boosts that adds some damage to help you...

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
Swordsage Warblade with 2 Aptitude kukris + Blood in the water (or Assassin's Stance for some SA damage) = lots of dmg

Since you are going to hop around, have you thought about Shadowlord Telflammar's Shadow Pounce?

For feats, Adaptive Style and Weapon Finesse are nice, and Shadow Blade if picking a Shadow Hand stance... and don't forget to grab some Tiger Claw stuff (Dancing and Raging Mongoose) and the Desert Wind boosts that adds some damage to help you...

Fixed.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:15:46 AM »
Except he wants a swordsage.

Swordsage into Shadow Sun Ninja with a small dip of Umbral Disciple 3 (Magic of Incarnum) should be a fun build.

Or go Swordsage/Teflon Shadowlord 4/Whatever Else.

Fuuga

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:24:47 AM »
Hmm, teflamar shadowlord is possible, so I suppose it's a good bet.

Thanks all, I'll build it based on that. =)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »
Quote from: kurashu
Except he wants a swordsage.

Swordsage into Shadow Sun Ninja with a small dip of Umbral Disciple 3 (Magic of Incarnum) should be a fun build.

Or go Swordsage/Teflon Shadowlord 4/Whatever Else.

Shhh... he's teaching. Fu for you Binder. :clap
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »
Thanks, Midnight.  I was pretty sure I saw
So, now I can play a swordsage or warblade,
and
Any and all suggestions welcome, thank you
in the OP.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:15:11 AM »
Thanks, Midnight.  I was pretty sure I saw
So, now I can play a swordsage or warblade,
and
in the OP.
;)

Paying attention for the win. You.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
You could adapt a Hood to your needs.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
This time tho, I want to build a swordsage, mostly based around mobility, and precise strikes that keep me on the move at all times, most likely picking off mages and squishies from behind with the shadow jaunt series.

So yeah, swordsage into teflon shadowlord is a good one.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »
Do it as a warblade instead.

SirBamfsalot

Claw in the Darkness

Quadra-Pounce Shadowlord

and finally.... and most importantly...

The Tome of Battle Build Compendium.

Now about those 1st 3 links. What Kurashu is suggesting... (forgive me if you know and this is redundant)
Is to become a shadowpouncer. Thats why he keeps saying Teflamn Shadowlord. (well that and being pissy about what you asked for)
I don't honestly think that you want to do that unless you want to run th risk of getting the TOB banned from further games. Shadow pouncer are insanely good as far as meleeist go, and I've found that ... it causes hate and discontent when a melee ist is that good.
Still if you want to explore it yourself I've provided you with the links, sir.

The 4th link is the Megapost which the others are drawn from. There are a lot of builds there to peruse and I hope that you're able to look through and draw some inspiration or build ideas that allow you to get exactly what you want. At the top of that thread there's a link to the TOB Tricks/Combo's library. I've found both a really great resource for putting the finishing touches on my pcs.
If you have a chance lets us know if this helped.
Thanx.
And good luck. . .

Fuuga

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
Thanks Midnight, that was a damn good sugestion, and even tho I know a Shadowlord is a bit excesive, I think it's not a bad call, and I always wanted to play a char like that.

Thanks again, and fu for you Midnight  ;)