Author Topic: Join the Gameologists at New England Fan Experience! Boston November 22  (Read 3373 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
We are headed to New England Fan Experience on November 22nd (perhaps some of the 21st and only slight possibly on the 23rd).  Some guests of honor and some neat tracks.

We have been invited to present, but don't know yet what or where. 

But we'll be there!  If anyone is in the area, come say hello!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Join the Gameologists at New England Fan Experience! Boston November 22
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:23:54 AM »
If you are around Boston Friday the 21st you should come to see Electric Six with us at the Middle East Downstairs. I'll be wearing my hot pants.

Darth Krzysztof

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Texan Metal Sith Lord
    • Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
If you are around Boston Friday the 21st you should come to see Electric Six with us at the Middle East Downstairs. I'll be wearing my hot pants.

I live thousands of miles away, -and- I gotta work. Drag. I was gonna let you guys spend all my money... at the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.
Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign.

Read my diatribe about chat-based gaming here.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »
I might be able to stop by, I only live 45 minutes away. Problem is I'm going to a concert on Saturday, and seeing Jim Gaffigan on Sunday, and I've gotta have some time to do homework. But if homework is light, I'll definitely try to be there.

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
we are hanging out after the concert ( the show will be over LATE, like btween midnight and 1)  and will be at the con all day saturday, let us know if youare going to be around.

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 03:28:07 PM »
The NEFE schedule is finally up:

http://nefe.us/FanX08Schedule.pdf

We are panel'ing at 10:00 with A Salon on Gameology which we are tentatively planning on attending hungover and again at 8:00 pm with 7 Words You Can't Say While Gaming.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
DANCE EPIDEMIC TONIGHT!!!!! :bounce :bounce

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:39:04 AM »
NEFE is over and we can officially say we had a lot of fun.

The con started for me earlier on Friday as I explored and found the game room which was the highlight for us.  Taught a group how to play Race for the Galaxy and then we all left to go to the Electric 6 concert.

The concert was great- our 3rd time seeing them and this was probably the best.  Only downfall was that Josh being the pussy drinker he is had a couple of drinks and got totally wasted and had to be handled most of the evening.  Still fun all around.

Saturday con- we went to some panels, spent way too long trying to get PF Changs and played more Race for the Galaxy.  I went to see 2 of the actors in the Twilight Movie *sigh*.  They were so cute and funny.  Also saw Morena Bacchrin who is as beautiful as always. 

Our panels were awesome- we actually had attendance at each and hoping a few people will show up here!  Completely in line with our message- it was a great time.

Lots of good things!  Fun was had by all.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 04:22:33 AM »
We are panel'ing at 10:00 with A Salon on Gameology...
Hey, you didn't invite your moderator!

I've been ousted... :(
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls