Author Topic: This IS The Thread You're Looking For: First Look At 4E Quickplay!  (Read 21667 times)

highbulp

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: This IS The Thread You're Looking For: First Look At 4E Quickplay!
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2008, 05:51:15 PM »
I'm still looking for a G&S company in the LA area (I'm in Orange County). If I find one I'll let you know :)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2008, 04:35:56 AM »
I noticed that the sample Warlord on the Wizards site for Keep on the Shadowfell is somewhat gimped - he doesn't have Inspiring Word as this link says you should.

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »
I noticed that the sample Warlord on the Wizards site for Keep on the Shadowfell is somewhat gimped - he doesn't have Inspiring Word as this link says you should.

From the looks of it, my guess is that you only get Inspiring Word if you chose Inspiring Presence instead of Tactical Presence. They say that the choice has an effect on powers but doesn't say what they are. Plus they don't tell you what Inspiring Word does.

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2008, 05:25:12 AM »
From the looks of it, my guess is that you only get Inspiring Word if you chose Inspiring Presence instead of Tactical Presence. They say that the choice has an effect on powers but doesn't say what they are. Plus they don't tell you what Inspiring Word does.
Its somewhat poorly laid out, but you should get Inspiring Word no matter what type of Warlord you are.  The summary block says so.

And just because YOU don't know what Inspiring Word does doesn't mean that I don't ;)  Also, the Scorching Burst power's fixed attack bonus is wrong, and unless there was a change in the rules, his Reflex is also off, but those are minor compared to the loss of a class feature.

DaveTheMagicWeasel

• If you optimize it, they will come
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »

They don't come right out and say it, but look at Guarding Attack in that excerpt, it has a line saying:

"Inspiring Presence: The power bonus to AC equals 1 + your Charisma modifier."

And Warlord's Favor says:

"Tactical Presence: The bonus to attack rolls that you grant equals 1 + your Intelligence modifier."

So I've been taking it to mean that your choice makes certain powers better, rather than closes off your choices of powers (well, I hope it doesn't, that would be lame).

ImperiousLeader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »
The difference comes from the powers. For example, a Rogue that picked the Brutal Scoundrel option and the Torturous Strike power gains STR to damage as well as DEX, but an Artful Dodger does not. This does not prevent an Artful Dodger Rogue from choosing Torturous Strike, but it's not a effective an option.

MittenNinja

• Email
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2008, 12:47:29 AM »

They don't come right out and say it, but look at Guarding Attack in that excerpt, it has a line saying:

"Inspiring Presence: The power bonus to AC equals 1 + your Charisma modifier."

And Warlord's Favor says:

"Tactical Presence: The bonus to attack rolls that you grant equals 1 + your Intelligence modifier."

So I've been taking it to mean that your choice makes certain powers better, rather than closes off your choices of powers (well, I hope it doesn't, that would be lame).

Well they may have indeed missed something then, I didn't notice that before. Or it could have been something they changed with the class last minute...

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
It was some kind of mistake.  I saw someone else show up with a copy of the Tiefling Warlord WITH Inspiring Word in it.

brislove

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2008, 04:31:08 AM »
yup, its on the website here http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080522a

but the one linked i printed out earlier didn't have it.