Author Topic: Graft Weapon Power Abuse  (Read 11827 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Graft Weapon Power Abuse
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »
40k seems like a pretty bad deal considering you would need already a bite (or get it via spells or templates...), granted if you have no DMM help and meet the prereq, it might be your only hope. Added to first post as a sub-par option - if only the item and spell stacked....

The only useful thing in the thread was Sakkratar's Triple Strike (LEoF 34) [Wiz5] 1 round keen+flame burst to weapon and 2 extra attack on full attack (instead of haste) might be DMM'd depending on your DM's lenience.

Cyrocloud, it does seem that this trick could be used for a soulknife's mind blade for an interesting effect... I'm not sure how the PrC's would react with it all. Also since the grafted weapon gives you damage as it takes damage, it might not be a good idea to dismiss your blade (no hands for the rest of the day?) Presumably you could reform your mind blade back in place and grafted as a move action.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:19:46 AM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 01:39:43 AM »
This board is a bit less able than I thought, besides extra arms, there was only 1 find (2 if blunt weapon for might wallop) to take advantage of this mechanic above and beyond the obvious 2 ways to take advantage of Graft Weapon.

If no one knows of or can find anything else, consider this thread closed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:58:53 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 01:58:31 AM »
This board is considerably less able than I thought, besides extra arms, there was only 1 find (2 if blunt weapon for might wallop) to take advantage of this mechanic.

If no one knows of or can find anything else, consider this thread closed.
Really, it's not that surprising. Most size-increasing effects cause gear to increase in size, and most effects that boost natural weapons have manufactured weapon equivalents. So there's not a lot of new ground to cover by making the weapons also natural weapons. Not all abilities are abusable, and it looks like Graft Weapon is one of those.
I know gameology-fu.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 03:56:31 AM »
What effects that boost natural weapons also have manufactured weapon equivalents? Keep in mind I was more or less specifically hunting for ways to increase the base damage of any given natural weapon. Several of these methods have been found for this thread, but most of them (Sharptooth or Improved Natural Attack for instance) do not have manufactured weapon equivalents.

I was not sure how much ground could be covered by exploiting this trick, but it seems pretty clear that though we haven't reached the pinnacle of damage abuse, this trick still give a handsome portion of bonuses at a DM-acceptable cheese rate.
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 07:45:20 PM »
Well, the obvious ones are size increases. The strong spells, like Greater Mighty Wallop, care more about damage type than weapon type, and the Sizing weapon enhancement can duplicate Improved Natural Attack at a small attack penalty. Sharptooth I can't match, but I did say "most".
I know gameology-fu.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
No your thinking of the wielding penalties incorrectly. Using a weapon too large for you does increase the base damage like improved natural attack if you can wield such a large weapon in 1 hand
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]