Author Topic: Jiffy Con Lowell URGENT  (Read 7866 times)

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Jiffy Con Lowell URGENT
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:39 AM »

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
Re: Jiffy Con Lowell URGENT
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »
I'm super-excited about running my game there.

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:53:29 AM »
I'm super-excited about running my game there.

I'm getting my high five hand in shape.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
Approximately what time are you looking to start the events?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
The schedule is here:
http://www.jiffycon.com/schedule.html

The first game starts at 9:00 am! 

We are still looking for registrants!  We're hoping for about 30 people total- so it's small and intimate.  A good time is assured!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:36:02 PM »
Is anyone coming from New York City?  I don't drive and I'd be very happy to split gas.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
Jiffy Con for November 8th has been re-secheduled for December 6th, same location and start time. We are hoping to coordinate the event with a multi-regional one shot game day. Anyone who has questions can email me at zeke@brilliantgameologists.com

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »
There is still time to come!  We have some awesome games happening and a decent crowd so it 'll be a ton of fun.  I can even offer up floor space to crash on if needed, dinner on Friday, and pick up from the Lowell train station for anyone coming from Boston or further.

I'd love to meet more boards folk!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:49:37 PM by Zeke »

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:54:59 PM »
This is a post that I made over on the Western Massive board when asked how JiffyCon went.

It went quite well. I ran Misspent Youth and confirmed that a rules tweak that Evan, Joshua, Kat, and I sussed out is a keeper. Also, they enjoyed the game. The Mormontologists were trying to stop the kids from importing coffee into Los Angeles.

I also ran Primetime Adventures and renewed my love for that system. We played a surprisingly serious game about a fight for captainship on a garbage scow completing a run between Mars and the asteroid belt. Everyone who left that table left it squidging with enthusiasm over PTA. I was overcome with evangelical joy. Games will be bought from that session.

There were marvelous meatballs with huge chunks of garlic floating in the sauce, wonderful food for breakfast (Brazilian egg sandwich) and dinner (tapas for 12) to be had in the area; a kid for Liam to play games, run around outside, and watch Avatar with; and a comfortable couch to sleep on. The night before I played this wonderful miniature combat game called D&D.

All around, great stuff.

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
 Even Though I am a nervous nelly who is never satidfied with anything I plan, I was happy with the result. I hope to bring in even more people next time, and to run a couple of games. I was very pleased to play robert's game and would have liked to have played PTA, but it was more important that the unitiated experience RPGS. No complaints from the college and actually some compliments on what good guests we were.