Author Topic: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?  (Read 269036 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?
« Reply #820 on: September 08, 2009, 08:02:58 PM »
Shadowcraft Mage to cast it as a standard action! Hope the spell school is right.

By heightening a Minor Image to 9th level, correct?
Silent image, preferably.

Handy Links

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #821 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »
Shadowcraft Mage to cast it as a standard action! Hope the spell school is right.

By heightening a Minor Image to 9th level, correct?
Silent image, preferably.

Of course!  :lmao
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »
Better CL and all.

Handy Links

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #823 on: September 08, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
Although i can't remember the exact combination of feats, a non-epic level, non-spell caster can cover an entire world (Or maybe plane) is a nigh-endless field of elemental damage, using the dragonborn's breathe weapon, and liberal aplications of metabreathe feats from the dracomicon.

Lingering Breath and Widen Breath can be applied as often as you like, but they delay your next use of the ability. So you apply each of them infinite times and never get to use your breath weapon again. The breath weapon is infinitely wide and lasts infinitely long. So the entire plane is burning forever.

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #824 on: September 10, 2009, 07:58:19 AM »
i used that as a camp-protection for the nigth. after giving all other players the ability to ignore the effects of my breathweapon :-D
it might not be subtle but really noone is stupid enough to go in there^^
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #825 on: September 10, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
Although i can't remember the exact combination of feats, a non-epic level, non-spell caster can cover an entire world (Or maybe plane) is a nigh-endless field of elemental damage, using the dragonborn's breathe weapon, and liberal aplications of metabreathe feats from the dracomicon.

Lingering Breath and Widen Breath can be applied as often as you like, but they delay your next use of the ability. So you apply each of them infinite times and never get to use your breath weapon again. The breath weapon is infinitely wide and lasts infinitely long. So the entire plane is burning forever.

You know if you're a JPM you can get around that, making it a 1/week world destruction :P  Emerald Immolation becomes Death Star Reload!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #826 on: September 10, 2009, 12:46:57 PM »

You know if you're a JPM you can get around that, making it a 1/week world destruction :P  Emerald Immolation becomes Death Star Reload!
No Buu, no. Why. Why are you doing this! There be nothing, nothing left at all.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #827 on: September 10, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
can this thread be consolidated into an actual handbook by someone. I was looking for something in here and had a hard time finding it mixed with the other discussion in here.

Perhaps use the handbook user and make a thread in handbooks so the discussion on tricks can be here and once they are finalized they get put into the handbook, and a note in the first post of the handbook to not post in there except to add a vetted trick?
PlzBreakMyCampaign has a thread where he goes through and systematically comes up with house rules to fix all this stuff.
Very good question. It is that question which spawned that massive thread. I attempt to give an explanation. I also go in order from this thread, so cross-referencing is still possible.

Ty XY
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #828 on: September 10, 2009, 05:12:22 PM »

No Buu, no. Why. Why are you doing this! There be nothing, nothing left at all.

ROFL, right on :P  As a DBZ fan -ducks-, that's hilarious.  The sad part : JPM isn't even needed...just a breath weapon to get the feats, and then use the breath weapon of another form.  Say, Dragonshape!  Oh, and then it's not 1/week.  It's 1/casting of a 9th level spell.  Which is AT WILL if you play your cards right.  Before epic :)
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #829 on: September 10, 2009, 11:44:33 PM »

I was under the impression lingering breath did 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and so on, which converges to double base value.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:38:41 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #830 on: September 11, 2009, 12:08:16 AM »
Incidentally, keep on the lookout for a thread about the many yummy applications of Invisible Spell once I get my PC back rather than using my PS3 to do my browsing (assuming it hasn't been done.)

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:32 AM »
On a related note using a shadowcraft mage to shadow create a wall of via a 9th level heightened silent image and shadowcrafter  can create 140% real iron. I am wondering what the properties of this material would be? Would it do more damage, be stronger, could it be resisted with spell resistance?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #832 on: September 11, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »
On a related note using a shadowcraft mage to shadow create a wall of via a 9th level heightened silent image and shadowcrafter  can create 140% real iron. I am wondering what the properties of this material would be? Would it do more damage, be stronger, could it be resisted with spell resistance?
Although you'd expect it to be better, it's actually just more ironic.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #833 on: September 11, 2009, 12:51:18 AM »
Although you'd expect it to be better, it's actually just more ironic.
:drums
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #834 on: September 11, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »
The reason I am wondering is that a shadowcraft mage could also use true creation to create infinite wealth, but I really want to know if there would be anything unexpected about the material.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #835 on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »

I was under the impression lingering breath did 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and so on, which converges to double base value.
no, lingering does 1 the first round and 1/2 all subsequent rounds, I'm pretty sure
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #836 on: September 11, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »
Assuming that the 1d6 added by the Psionic Fist feat is of the same type as whatever it's applied to...

What would happen if you cast heal augmented by Psionic Fist, along with a metamagic rod of Empower? [1d6+150]*1.5?
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #837 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
Well, I GUESS some might rule that such material has more hardness and HP.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #838 on: September 11, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
Well, I GUESS some might rule that such material has more hardness and HP.
According to the periodic table, it would be 60% Kryptonite and 40% Rubidium.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #839 on: September 11, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »
Assuming that the 1d6 added by the Psionic Fist feat is of the same type as whatever it's applied to...

What would happen if you cast heal augmented by Psionic Fist, along with a metamagic rod of Empower? [1d6+150]*1.5?

You'd get 150+(1d6)*1.5. Empower only affects the variable, numeric aspects of a spell, which the 150 isn't. The example of magic missile is wrong. At least, that's how I'd interpret it.

The feat is contradictory, you see.

All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by one-half.

contradicts

An empowered spell deals half again as much damage as normal, cures half again as many hit points, affects half again as many targets, and so forth, as appropriate.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.