Author Topic: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?  (Read 268691 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »
FMI is Charisma. It's Mind Over Body that's Int, but IIRC it's only for first level (or Unholy Toughness, but that's not a feat).
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2009, 11:46:32 PM »
What about a psion with schism, Dorje Mastery, Dual Dorje Wielder (from CPsi), a psicrystal, and ranks in UPD? You get to fire off two dorjes at a time, your psicrystal gets its own dorje to use, and so does your schism (and if your psicrystal has been altered via metamorphosis and you share schism with it, it can use an additional one, too).

That's up to 5 shots per round. And note that, unlike wands, you can get dorjes of 5th level and above.

Get Quickdraw and eternal dorjes (ie, eternal wands, but with psionic powers stored in them) to keep this from being ridiculously expensive.

Added in with a swift-action power, Linked Power, and one other power, and you can fire off a total of 6 this round, and up to 7 next round.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:54:02 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
One important note: you CANNOT combine Iajuitsu Focus with Sneak Attack.  It's in the special rules for IF.  Annoying, but there it is.  Yet one more reason the Factotum's 4th level ability is pretty darn worthless.

EDIT:  Just doubled checked.  FMI is indeed Int to HP, not Charisma.  Though I have to wonder... can you use that with a Necropolitan?  It says you use Int instead of Con...

JaronK
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:19:53 AM by JaronK »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Ah. You're right. I could've sworn it was Charisma. Oh well; this makes wizards even better.

The feat doesn't have Con as a prerequisite, so you use the Int you do have instead of the Con you don't have. It's like going to the store to buy apples, but they don't have any, so you get some mangoes instead. Mangoes > apples.  :smirk

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »
FMI is Charisma. It's Mind Over Body that's Int, but IIRC it's only for first level (or Unholy Toughness, but that's not a feat).

FMI is Int in place of Con (which works for Undead, since even though you have no Con score, you still apply that nothing to your HP).

Mind Over Body is Int in place of Con for 1st level.

Unholy Toughness is Cha in place of Con, but is a special quality, not a feat.

There's a Fey based feat in one of the old Fey web enhancement articles that adds Cha in place of Con for 1st level only, this is likely what you're thinking of Lycan.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:48 AM »
One important note: you CANNOT combine Iajuitsu Focus with Sneak Attack.  It's in the special rules for IF. 

Source? I see nothing of the sort in the book, or in the FAQ, or in the errata for OA.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2009, 02:01:33 AM »
Interesting!  I was using an online source that looked correct and stated that Iajuitsu Focus couldn't work with sneak attack, but upon checking the primary source (OA) that rule doesn't actually exist.  Damn ninja houserulers.

Okay, strike it then.  It works just fine.

JaronK

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2009, 02:39:14 AM »
Another nasty psionics trick. Use metamorphosis to turn into a nasty creature of some sort, then manifest astral seed, and kill yourself. You'll return as whatever you transformed into. Better if you use Metamorphic Transfer to permanently gain the use of a supernatural ability.

Addendum: Go find a really nasty creature. Wait until it's asleep. Manifest psionic dominate on it until it's under your control. Wake it up, then manifest fusion with it, making certain it fails its saving throw. If it's the wrong size or type, use metamorphosis on yourself, or UMD a scroll of polymorph on it. Use fusion with it, then dispel the polymorph, if necessary. Then manifest astral seed and kill yourself. You'll come back as an amalgamation of you and the creature. If the creature's mental scores were higher than yours, you get to keep them.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:50:48 AM by Lycanthromancer »

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2009, 07:35:43 AM »
Addendum: Go find a really nasty creature. Wait until it's asleep. Manifest psionic dominate on it until it's under your control. Wake it up, then manifest fusion with it, making certain it fails its saving throw. If it's the wrong size or type, use metamorphosis on yourself, or UMD a scroll of polymorph on it. Use fusion with it, then dispel the polymorph, if necessary. Then manifest astral seed and kill yourself. You'll come back as an amalgamation of you and the creature. If the creature's mental scores were higher than yours, you get to keep them.
I don't think you need to dominate it if it's already sleeping. Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing.

Which brings me to something else: Depending on how you interpret "willing", your Paladin could walk around raping people and/or monsters in their sleep, picking them up and throwing them into lakes, etc. so long as they're sleeping, without losing his Paladin status. Less of a dirty trick than a silly one, but still.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:38:22 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Vidar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2009, 07:37:01 AM »
I don't think you need to dominate it if it's already sleeping. Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing.

Try telling that to my girlfriend  :(

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »
I tried and she still called me a rapist.

Handy Links

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
Point that passage out to her and see what happens?  :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »
I thought the same thing for awhile, until someone pointed out to me that creatures are only mentioned as being 'willing' for the purposes of targeting effects. For instance, share pain requires a willing creature to be targeted. A sleeping creature counts as 'willing' for this purpose, but not for auto-failing saving throws.

Quote from: SRD

That's the only place I've found where it mentions sleeping creatures and being 'willing' for any effect. Thus, unless your DM house-rules otherwise, it's better to be safe than sorry.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »
She calls the cops, because I am breaking the restraining order?

Handy Links

Loke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2009, 05:04:15 PM »

I think it might be over the top calling her girlfriend if she has a restraining order out on you....

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »

I think it might be over the top calling her girlfriend if she has a restraining order out on you....
Meh, she's just in denial :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »

Well, I have her on my hit list, so technically I one-upped her.

Okay, this quotamid has to end now.

Handy Links

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
:rofl:
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Vidar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #418 on: January 12, 2009, 03:17:16 AM »
Is the trollblooded trick in here? If no, could someone explain it more fully?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #419 on: January 12, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
Take Toughness (prerequisite) and Troll-Blooded (can only be taken at level 1) to gain Regeneration 1 (Acid and Fire deal lethal damage). You become fatigued in sunlight.

So either start at at least level 6 and take a level of Horizon Walker, or play a Warforged.

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol