Author Topic: How high can you crank an artificer's AC?  (Read 6875 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: How high can you crank an artificer's AC?
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »
Only melee weapons can be Eager. Also unlike Eager, Parrying and Warning, there is no explicit text in the description saying that a lucky weapon needs to be held to grant its bonus.
If "weapons must be held to grant bonus" is a default state, then they are merely being redundant for those three.

IF however, it is not the default case...then 50 +1 Lucky Shurikens means 50 rerolls a day for attack rolls, and none of them are specified to the specific weapon with that property...

Can someone with the RC check "Magic Weapons" for me? I suspect that I might have just found a use for Vorpal Weapons....

*looks for other properties*
Oh wow. If you can stack +1 Hunting shurikens, anyone with a level of Ranger can seriously abuse the retraining rules to get a crazy bonus against their current major enemy type. For the sake of my sanity, someone please find the text forbidding this...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:46:20 AM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 03:18:37 AM »
There isn't AFAIK. Each Shuriken or piece of ammo is considered an individual magic effect in and of itself. Otherwise we'd have +1 Flaming arrows that do (1d6)/50 extra fire damage per arrow :D

They are just batch enchanted.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »
Ok, maybe the Eager was on the armor spikes. I knew it was one of the two.

You found a way to make Vorpal worth a shit again?

I checked into the bracers thing before doing it. WotC people, CO boards, optimizers in the arena I was using this guy... they all said it was legal. Cheap as hell, but legal. Which is the whole fucking point of arena games. :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]