Author Topic: Adventure Development: In the Shadows  (Read 1667 times)

yellowdingo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Adventure Development: In the Shadows
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:59 AM »

Halloween

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Last Minute Studio
    • Email
Re: Adventure Development: In the Shadows
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:03:58 AM »
**APPLAUSE**

You know. I was going to do something like "Copypasta is incomprehensible" and then repost your post, adding those crazy "paragraph breaks" all the kids are talking about these days, then I read your last paragraph and my snarkiness dried up in the glow of your awesome.

Well done.

If you ARE actually looking for feedback and are not (as I suspect) a cleverly disguised troll, I would suggest the following:

• Add paragraph breaks. I know it comes out of Microsoft Word (or notepad...) looking like that, but you're trying to get people to read your words. You have to make it not cause spontaneous eye-bleeding or they will (at best) skim it.
  • Spell-check your document. I know adding this to the list will NECESSITATE someone finding an error in this post. I don't care, it's important EVEN IF I'm a complete moron and you make everyone laugh at me.
  • Add a header. All you need is a paragraph at the front of your text clearly explaining what it is, what it's for, and what kind of feedback you're interested in.

I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Alas I cannot help you, as I could not bring myself to read the rest of your post.

TLDR: Formatting is important. Ignoring it can make your audience ignore you.

MilwaukeeJoe

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
Re: Adventure Development: In the Shadows
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:19:35 PM »
I think there's some serious potential for a great game here. So let's take it one step at a time.

Tell me more about the "burning at the stake" scene. Let's not assume that the players will automatically jump in to save the person being put to death.

Is the person being executed guilty?
Is this a just execution, where the executors have the the authority?
If not, will it be obvious that it's a mob executing an innocent person?

If the answers are "no, no and yes", then that would probably set the motivations for the players - assuming the PCs are good-aligned.

If the answers are different, then the player motivation is more murky. If they don't save the person, what happens next?

Thanks,
MilwaukeeJoe
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:21:14 PM by MilwaukeeJoe »