Author Topic: Things that make you LOL  (Read 140355 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Things that make you LOL
« Reply #600 on: March 27, 2009, 12:13:06 PM »
Not many people who'll get this, but
This is not Guy Shishioh's lucky day.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #601 on: March 27, 2009, 02:42:19 PM »
I just made cufflinks out of garbage bag twist-tie thingies. Note to self, next time you buy a shirt, make sure it has buttons or you have cufflinks...

EDIT: So, stumbleupon just showed me this terrifying story. Not exactly a lol thing, but this seemed the most appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:02:59 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #602 on: April 03, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #603 on: April 03, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
Epic :lmao
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #604 on: April 03, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
HAHAHA. Tshern, that's amazingly hilarious.  :lol
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #605 on: April 03, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Where did you get that?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #606 on: April 03, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
Internet, obviously. Can't recall where exactly.

Handy Links

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #607 on: April 05, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »
At my prom, one of my friends (an incredibly dark black man), wore a black suit, black tie, black everything. There is a picture of him and his date (stereotypical blonde white girl) taken outside at night, where all you can literally see, unless you enhance the image in Pshop, is the blonde girl in a nice dress, and then a disembodied smile.

I kid you not.

I have had a similar experience with a former roommate of mine. For reference, he's a 6'6" black man, and is into White Wolf games, including STing at 2 Vampire LARPs.

So we're heading to a party at a friend's, who lives in the middle of nowhere. We get there around 8:00 (well after dark), and my roommate gets out while I finish parking. Now mind you he's wearing a dark shirt and black pants. I get out of the car ... and can't see him anywhere. I call out, and all of a sudden I see this floating smile appear out of the darkness about 6 1/2 feet in the air, 20 feet away. It was freaky.

He has since dubbed this power "Blackuscate" (after the vampire discipline Obfuscate, which is the power used to conceal yourself).
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: April 05, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
It's hilarious if you see it coming and get to watch everyone else's reactions :)
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: April 12, 2009, 08:07:33 AM »
I have had a similar experience with a former roommate of mine. For reference, he's a 6'6" black man, and is into White Wolf games, including STing at 2 Vampire LARPs.

So we're heading to a party at a friend's, who lives in the middle of nowhere. We get there around 8:00 (well after dark), and my roommate gets out while I finish parking. Now mind you he's wearing a dark shirt and black pants. I get out of the car ... and can't see him anywhere. I call out, and all of a sudden I see this floating smile appear out of the darkness about 6 1/2 feet in the air, 20 feet away. It was freaky.

He has since dubbed this power "Blackuscate" (after the vampire discipline Obfuscate, which is the power used to conceal yourself).

My best friend has the same trick (he's white though). He doesn't even mean to do it, but virtually everyone will forget he's in a room.

Case 1: It was really bad. We sat together in our Chemistry class in High School (a little over three years ago). The teacher never called on us to answer a single question unless we moved back two more rows, even if one of us was sleeping during class (and I mean audibly sleeping, not "head down, do not piss me off" sleeping). He even managed to pass the class with a B, despite the two of us never doing a lick of work. I passed because I'm damn good at tests and lab work.

Case 2: During a college Humanities class, the instructor wanted to start showing the class a video after they got back from break. My friend never even left his seat to go on break. Everyone comes back, and the teacher waits for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes passed, he said "We'll start the movie when [Friend] gets back". People started snickering. It was a good 2 minutes before the instructor finally asked if anyone knew where my friend was. He raised his hand and said he's been in the room the entire time, and he never left for the break. Cue laughter from everyone else. Again, he was sitting in the front row.

Case 3: Several times, he's been over to my house only to hear my parent ask if he left. Mind you, she's in the same room as he is when she says this. Every. Single. Time. It never gets old.

This friend of mine isn't exactly easy to miss. He has enough hair that we joke about him being on TV every time a Big Foot claim gets aired (seriously, his arms make him look like he's wearing a damn sweater). He also looks like a body guard (and even has the black belt in Judo to back up the image). Furthermore, he may be quiet, but his voice is deep and loud enough to hear a mile away. If he says something, most people will hear it (and pay attention, as he is very intimidating even when he doesn't mean to be).

Seriously, the guy's built like a grisly. How these people manage to overlook him when he's right fucking there is beyond me.

And, to finish the post: I found this particular part funny. The irony tickled me.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #610 on: April 12, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »

My best friend has the same trick (he's white though). He doesn't even mean to do it, but virtually everyone will forget he's in a room.

Case 1: It was really bad. We sat together in our Chemistry class in High School (a little over three years ago). The teacher never called on us to answer a single question unless we moved back two more rows, even if one of us was sleeping during class (and I mean audibly sleeping, not "head down, do not piss me off" sleeping). He even managed to pass the class with a B, despite the two of us never doing a lick of work. I passed because I'm damn good at tests and lab work.

Case 2: During a college Humanities class, the instructor wanted to start showing the class a video after they got back from break. My friend never even left his seat to go on break. Everyone comes back, and the teacher waits for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes passed, he said "We'll start the movie when [Friend] gets back". People started snickering. It was a good 2 minutes before the instructor finally asked if anyone knew where my friend was. He raised his hand and said he's been in the room the entire time, and he never left for the break. Cue laughter from everyone else. Again, he was sitting in the front row.

Case 3: Several times, he's been over to my house only to hear my parent ask if he left. Mind you, she's in the same room as he is when she says this. Every. Single. Time. It never gets old.

This friend of mine isn't exactly easy to miss. He has enough hair that we joke about him being on TV every time a Big Foot claim gets aired (seriously, his arms make him look like he's wearing a damn sweater). He also looks like a body guard (and even has the black belt in Judo to back up the image). Furthermore, he may be quiet, but his voice is deep and loud enough to hear a mile away. If he says something, most people will hear it (and pay attention, as he is very intimidating even when he doesn't mean to be).

Seriously, the guy's built like a grisly. How these people manage to overlook him when he's right fucking there is beyond me.

And, to finish the post: I found this particular part funny. The irony tickled me.

Guy's always Moving Silently even when he doesn't mean to, huh?

Back in high school, people tended not to realize I approached a group conversation until I spoke up, even when I happened to be inside someone's field of vision; at which point, when I did speak, people would almost literally jump and/or squeak. Gave me a laugh every time.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2009, 02:06:33 PM »

Guy's always Moving Silently even when he doesn't mean to, huh?

Back in high school, people tended not to realize I approached a group conversation until I spoke up, even when I happened to be inside someone's field of vision; at which point, when I did speak, people would almost literally jump and/or squeak. Gave me a laugh every time.
In high school, a friend of mine managed to lose track of me when I was directly behind him in the lunch line.  It was rather amusing.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
So how many people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Depends on the type of person.

Gay people: six. One to change it and the other five to scream how awesome the guy is.

Socialites: two. One to call the electrician while the other gets the drinks.

Psychologists: only one, but the lamp needs to WANT to be changed.

Blondes: 5. One to hold the lamp while the other four spin the chair.

Consultants: two, because one always abandons the project halfway.

Drunkards: one, to hold the lamp while the rooftop spins.

Gay activists: none. The lamp doesn't need to change to be accepted by society!

Country music singers: two, one changes the lamp while the other composes a song about how much better the old lamp was.

Macho men: none. Macho men don't fear the dark.

Daddy's little girls: two, one holds onto the Light Pepsi while the other calls daddy.

Argentines (i.e. people from Argentina): um, he holds onto the lamp while the world revolves all around him.

Do you know what the best deal in business is? Buying an argentine for what he's worth and selling him for what he thinks he's worth.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: April 12, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »

This is still me now. It's hilarious, since I carry my keys on my belt, so they clearly jingle as I walk, so people don't flip out when they realize I've walked up. It helps that I am the security head where I work, so all sorts of hilarity tends to follow. I've just gotta figure out who came up with the nickname of "Rent-a-ninja" now to apply to me.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »
Do you know what the best deal in business is? Buying an argentine for what he's worth and selling him for what he thinks he's worth.

Handy Links

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »
About not being seen?   I get that.  Usually when I am trying to ask a girl out, she walks away in mid-sentence as if I wasn't talking directly at her.

One day, I hope to meet a woman that's worth the amount of effort it takes to get her attention.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #616 on: April 12, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
Could always use Chloroform as your opening line. I've found they can't walk away from me until I'm done talking if they're unconscious.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: April 12, 2009, 05:19:36 PM »
"Excuse me, does this smell like chloroform to you?" :lmao
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #618 on: April 12, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »
About not being seen?   I get that.  Usually when I am trying to ask a girl out, she walks away in mid-sentence as if I wasn't talking directly at her.

One day, I hope to meet a woman that's worth the amount of effort it takes to get her attention.
You should totally try to ask me out, I'd listen.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: April 12, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »
About not being seen?   I get that.  Usually when I am trying to ask a girl out, she walks away in mid-sentence as if I wasn't talking directly at her.

You should totally try to ask me out, I'd listen.
Wait, you have boobs and a vagina now???