Author Topic: Sorta mini-dillema  (Read 4812 times)

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Sorta mini-dillema
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 11:28:38 PM »
For level 6, I'd go with a combination of:
-Persist Mass Lesser Vigor
-Get everyone Healing Belt

That's enough. This way, if they need healing, they can burn their own actions for that. Also, they've got permanent healing so you don't need to waste your precious actions and slots healing them (and you'll save on the Wands and all that). In addition to that, get some combat-spells for yourself and become a Cleric Archer or a Cleric Fighter (at this point, Divine Favor seems like the best - Divine Power comes on the next level) and kill the targets that are near extremely damaged party members. Tell them that "this is a much better way of preventing damage".

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 11:36:45 PM »
Dude, they are *demanding* he heals them. Like RIGHT NAOW!!!! Mass Lesser won't do it for them...

Why is he spending *his* loot buying belts for them? They could do it themselves, can't they?

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
Dude, they are *demanding* he heals them. Like RIGHT NAOW!!!! Mass Lesser won't do it for them...

Mass Vigor and Healing Belt will do it for them. The rest is their problem.

Why is he spending *his* loot buying belts for them? They could do it themselves, can't they?

Of course I meant, make them get a Healing Belt each. Otherwise he can't be held accountable for what happens - if they want his services, they better listen to his instructions in his area of expertise too.

tusk

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • This is Petrucci!
    • Care to spare a click?  ;)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:57 AM »

The thing is, Healing resource is covered by everyone *himself*. You want 55 potions? fine, Don't whine when you don't have anything magial on you, that sort of thing. So when they see a cleric on the party, it's their "natual" reaction to WANT HEALING NAO!!111

But wait, I've come up with something. They want my slots for healing? Fine. But they have to auction for it. the highest bidder for each slot I'M WILLING TO SPEND will get it. I don't care I slip into Neutual, I've had enough for that infantile sence of entitlement.

And here's the kick in the nuts: Whe don't usually get to BUY stuff, What we find is what we get. Well, we CAN buy stuff, but we have to haggle, AND they are grossly overpriced. Plus, I don't feel like taking item making feats, Going to have to sit down with DM to amend that.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
This isn't so much a cleric problem as it is a party problem. Are all these other guys just used to WOW (or similar) and used to running in and hacking, then hoping their hp will recover if they just sit for long enough?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:17:14 AM by Surreal »
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 03:02:57 AM »
Of course I meant, make them get a Healing Belt each. Otherwise he can't be held accountable for what happens - if they want his services, they better listen to his instructions in his area of expertise too.
The problem is, he is being held accountable. They basically are saying: "You are the cleric in our party. Heal us. Naow! Or else!" And they have gone so far as say that they'll leave him behind if he doesn't because he is "useless".

I have run into bonehead arseholes like this with their infantile sense of entitlement. Not only in games. In real life, every day. They are called Kiwis... ;)

There are several ways to stop people like that:
1. Ignore them and hope they'll go away (yeah, right!)
2. Walk away
3. Try to reason with them (yeah, right!)
4. Argue with them
5. Shoot them
6. Play/do something else and avoid the problem

1 and 3 won't work. They are called boneheaded for a reason.
2 is not acceptable in this case.
4 will result in them playing the martyr and accuse you of oppwessing them.
5 would get a kangaroo court on your rear.
6 might be the only thing which would give you peace, that is, if you don't run into another of the stuff they think they are entitled to.

I have tried all but option 5 with the Kiwis. Luckily for them, they are not worth option 5. "Let them rot" is my mantra.

tusk

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • This is Petrucci!
    • Care to spare a click?  ;)
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
Man, you must be made of something special to endure that......

Maybe that is why no one wants to play a Cleric in this group :/

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »
how about taking leadership and a healer/or cleric follower that way you can do what you want and the group has its healbot...
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Tell them they all have to become undead (Necropolitan works) then create a few Necrosis Carnexes to be the healbots.  Done!

JaronK