Author Topic: Cleric Prestige Class  (Read 2471 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Cleric Prestige Class
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:42:43 PM »
I require a prestige class that gives me cool abilities for my Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator/Crusader. I'm going for 9th level maneuvers, which means I need at least 1 more crusader level, and I'm probably going to delay RKV for a few levels so I can pick up the last 3 levels or so at the same time for maximum high level maneuvers. So far, build looks like Cleric4/Crusader1/RubyKnightVindicator2 (took Crusader first then went straight cleric). High BAB a plus, Dipability a real turn-on. No Complete Champion. A) I don't have Access to it, and B) I think it's far too cheesy. Prestige Paladin is on the list, if only for the pretty sweet and cheap mount upgrade, although the mount's not all that strong it's still nice, and there's no reason not to dip it. Character is Lawful Good, so a foray into Church Inquisitor looks nice, but I'd like some more suggestions.

Role I'm looking for is main Healer/Support magic/Battlefield control, with loads of Tanking interspersed into the build. I messed up and didn't pump Dex, but I was running really low on stat points, so AoO builds are out. As it stands my spell progression and maneuver progression is fine, I just want some cool class features!

Blade2718

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
Re: Cleric Prestige Class
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »
Two levels of Divine Oracle are always nice, as is a level of Contemplative.  Since Ordained Champion is out, how about Knight of the Raven?

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
Books that each are from? Or are all of them complete divine?

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
Complete Divine, and Knight of the Raven is from the Ravenloft book, whose name I misremember.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
I always forget to mention that I don't have access to campaign books, except for Eberron Campaign Setting (and only that book).

Core + Completes, Tome of Battle and Magic, Incarnum, Dragon Magic, Draconomicon, Lords of Madness, Libris Mortis, and that's about it. There are a few others but I don't remember them, just mention the book and I'll confirm or deny. And no complete champion.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Complete Divine, and Knight of the Raven is from the Ravenloft book, whose name I misremember.

It's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft...

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
There's also always Ruathar (RotW) as filler, with slightly more skill points. But I'd take one of the other options to be honest.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 05:31:20 AM »
As you mentioned, Church Inquisitor is a solid choice if you don't find anything else particularly exciting - the bonuses are all solid and you don't need to waste any feats or skills to enter.

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
I'm seconding contemplative.