Author Topic: Help with a duo of characters.  (Read 1756 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Help with a duo of characters.
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:21:04 AM »
13th level sounds like an appropriate level for the two, in order to challenge a 7th level party. The party consists of a NG Rilkan Incarnate (deadly), an Unarmed Swordsage(mainly damage based), a Half-Giant Fighter, a Raptoran Warlock (barely a consequence), a Neraph Ninja, and a Human Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator/Cleric. Flaws are in play, but some people have only 1 or none.

The party won't kill them, but I suppose that I'll still give them some XP if they make them flee. Not as much, but some.

The Duskblade has a Glaive and a Heavy Shield (animated), and he wears fullplate. I'm thinking I'll give him Addy full plate, 'cuz every little bit helps, and his dex is low anyways. Feats are Power Attack, Arcane Strike, Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Eschew Materials, Short Haft, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip (These need work, I'm quite sure).

The TWFer is currently a Fighter5/Dervish8. I've got two feats open, and the current lineup is Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Kusari-Gama Proficiency, Weapon Focus(Kusari-Gama), 2 Weapon Fighting, Improved 2 Weapon Fighting, and Elusive Target.

My main problems with this pair are magic items. What magic items might you suggest? Also, Feat substitutions, level dips, etc. It's all fair game, but the TWFer's stats are set in stone at 16/18/14/13/8/8, since she's a major character at this point, while the Duskblade's only cast one spell so far.

EDIT: But the Dervish DOES have 2 free stat points, which I assume I should probably put into Dex.

carnivore

• Grape ape
Re: Duskblade/TWFer pair.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:46:02 AM »
for the Duskblade:

+1 Vampiric Adamantine Glaive
+1 Halfweight Adamantine Fullplate(gain DR 3/ Adamantine and armor treated as light armor)

Dervish

feats:
Jotunbrud(unapproachable East)... Human, 1st lvl only.... gives Powerful Build trait basicly
Double hit

:D

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »
If you're planning on casting with that Duskblade, you should work Battlecaster into its feat selection. Duskblades only get Armored Mage through Medium Armor and Heavy Shields. Although the Halfweight dealie works, too.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:19 PM »
I should have mentioned the books that I have, which are Cityscape, Complete Series - Champion (too cheesy) and Psionic, PHBII, Core including XPH, Spell Compendium, Races of Destiny, Stone, Wild, and Dragon, Eberron Campaign Setting, Sandstorm, Frostburn, Heroes of Battle (though no ranking crap, that'd be too cheesy), Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis, Draconomicon (avoid if possible, I don't like dragons that much), Magic Item Compendium, Magic of Incarnum, Book of Erotic Fantasy, Elder Evils, BoED, BoVD, and... Actually that might be it. OH right, Tome of Battle and Tome of Magic.

EDIT: And the Duskblade's spells are
1st
True Strike, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Swift Expeditious Retreat,
2nd Dimension Hop, Touch of Idiocy, Ghoul Touch, Animalistic Power, Swft Invisibility
3rd
Ray of Exhaustion, Keen Edge, Dispelling Touch, Vampiric Touch
4th
Enervation

Although they can be changed, he's only ever cast 1 spell before.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Help with a duo of characters.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »
bump for more help, please do give me some advice here.

Also, at what level do you thing that the party would be able to defeat these two, if they were seperated, and if they were together?