Author Topic: Iron Man Artificer Style  (Read 6025 times)

brislove

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Iron Man Artificer Style
« on: May 18, 2008, 04:19:37 AM »
Tony Stark
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:46:57 PM by brislove »

heffroncm

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Iron Man Artificer Style
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »
I like it, though I don't think an Exalted feat fits my mental image of Tony Stark.  Might use this some day, thanks.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
I like it, though I don't think an Exalted feat fits my mental image of Tony Stark.  Might use this some day, thanks.
You mean releasing prisoners to fight heroes, having a drinking problem, betraying all his friends for money and organizing half a dozen wars is not exalted?

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:34:51 AM »
You mean releasing prisoners to fight heroes, having a drinking problem, betraying all his friends for money and organizing half a dozen wars is not exalted?
It is in my books  :sh
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

brislove

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »
I suppose you have to reflavor nymph's kiss a little, but It fits from a different angle.

Highly skillful, and super charismatic. It's perfect mechanically flavored, but it is an exalted feat lol.

oh I noticed that I have a bunch of +4 stuff, and mithril full-plate is worse than a mithril BP.

JanusJones

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 02:57:23 PM »
Please be Warforged.  Please?

Non-warforged artificers make baby Jeebus cry. 

brislove

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
I guess it's not much different. I like the idea of tony stark using the tech, but at the same time the combat persona of Ironman works very well as Ironman.

I'm slightly lacking in memory of grafts/warforged feats. What warforged feats are the big NEEDs? I only have room for ~2.

I'll have to look up grafts (which are cool). Also, people who know warforged better then I, which grafts are we looking at?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
What about a warlock build, with Battle Caster and mithral full plate? You gotta have repulsors, and repelling blast does that nicely.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

brislove

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »
ya thats the option you have to use if the DM hates persistent spell, but tony stark is SOOOO artificer. Also you can grab spells for repulsors.

Edit: I'm working on a warforged version now. I'll post it soon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:24:46 PM by brislove »

brislove

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
Added a warforged build, not much different really, but warforged is better, especially with the racial sub levels.

JanusJones

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »
Yay!  :clap

<Baby Jeebus dries his eyes and smiles!>

Alpha

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »
I guess it's not much different. I like the idea of tony stark using the tech, but at the same time the combat persona of Ironman works very well as Ironman.

I'm slightly lacking in memory of grafts/warforged feats. What warforged feats are the big NEEDs? I only have room for ~2.

I'll have to look up grafts (which are cool). Also, people who know warforged better then I, which grafts are we looking at?
A human-based Iron Man would be using the Construct Grafts from Faiths of Eberron.

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
sorry looks like my reply did not go through... Any way why don't you use clockwork armor(http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a).  You can also add wand bracers with fly and scorching ray, maybe a orb of force necklace.  You could also add the calling feature from MIC.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
Well, for propulsion you can use a pair of decanters of endless water :P. Someone throw some calculus, and the decanters on geyser mode can propulsate the character for sure. And it would look a lot like a pair of oxygen combustion engines :P.

Not many masters allow that use of the decanters even if it is physically correct, though.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Shigunaru

• I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 09:49:26 PM »
or you can bind an elemental in it, Eberron style. :flame
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
What would that represent in Tony Stark's world? Binding Jocasta perhaps?

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »
What would that represent in Tony Stark's world? Binding Jocasta perhaps?
Jocasta? No. Remember that golems with elemetals bound to them have a tendency to go berserk. This would represent the source of Tony's "construct grafts"  :devil
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]