Author Topic: Please critique these character builds.  (Read 1570 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Please critique these character builds.
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:24:53 PM »
Okay, for one, I need some help here. I want to include several characters as cameos, namely Nightmare of Soul Calibur, Fox McCloud, and Megaman (X, not the pussy 3-year-old painted blue version).

Nightmare's been started, but I need help on the other two.

Nightmare looks a bit like this:
Warforged Crusader 18/X 2, where X is either Fighter or more Crusader. Also, I'm considering Warblade instead, but that's mainly a flavor issue. Point is:

Stats:
STR 23
DEX 10
CON 20
INT 8
WIS 8 EDIT
CHA 12 EDIT

at level 20. Feats would be
Monkey Grip
Improved Unarmed Strike
Improved Bull Rush
Superior Unarmed Strike
Improved Grapple
Scorpion's Grasp
Power Attack
Shock Trooper

and various others. He's got a battlefist, which says that a Monk with a battlefist treats its unarmed strike as if it were 1 size category larger, which I assume, not that big of a stretch here, would work with Superior Unarmed Strike. This gives him a 3d6 greatsword and a 3d6 Unarmed Strike at level 20. And I don't think it's that much of a stretch either to make him count as 1 size category larger for the purpose of grapples, especially since he's so heavily invested in them with his 3 grapple related feats.

Flaws are IN, Traits too. Go nuts, Min/Max-ers, help me out with this. I will use this original post as a sort of dump for my thoughts regarding the builds, including posting new stubs.

EDIT: I need to take another look at his statline. He needs either more int or more Charisma.

EDIT: Megaman X

Warforged Blastificer. My Blastificery is not up to speed, so forgive me. I assume that he's generally got loads of wands. All of this is mechanically sound, and purely flavor.

Warforged Component: Wand Sheath, usually holding a wand of magic missile. Another Wand Sheath at the player's option, but mainly just for flavor, since when he shoots, he holds his gun with one hand. So, really, you'd be using the normal firing rules for this second one, since you're doing nothing else with this hand.

Feats: Double Wand Wielder, Reckless Wand Wielder, Mithral Body, Mithral Fluidity(might need 2), Improved Toughness, Wand Mastery, Extra Rings,

This results in him being able to shoot, at 7th level, 10 magic missiles as a full round action. Not at all bad. He can also just shoot 5 as a standard action, every round. Quickenable with a Rod of Wandgrip, if my understanding is correct, I'm AFB. Power level of magic missile drops off terribly at higher levels, though, so replace Magic Missile in this instance with something like Fireball or Force Missiles (the flavor's right, but it gets expensive). The Orb of ___ spells sound good, as well. For some Boss Weapons, Icelance, Soundlance, Junglerazer, Blast of Flame or Explosive Cascade, other blasty spells. Also, Swift Expeditious Retreat for a dash, and a belt of many pockets, each holding one wand.

The idea is (obviously) to carry loads of wands, hopefully at least one of them being the right tool for the current job (enemy). Eventually, you'll want a rod of many wands, which it would be nice if your DM let you put it in the wandsheath, if only for flavor's sake. Maybe if you have a nice DM he'll let you create a Staffsheath, so that a great deal of your spells don't become obsoleted. Anyway, there's no rule that says that Staffs have to be so gigantic that they don't fit in your arm, so you might be able to work around it, and if all else fails just call flavor purposes.

Stats:

STR: lowish, only needed for jump if you want it that badly. Expeditious retreat helps this anyway.
DEX through the roof.
CON High as well
INT Not really needed
WIS Dump
CHA MAX for the UMD checks, although there are ways around needing this.

Stats ought to look a bit like 10/18/20/8/6/10 if I can max the UMD skill enough. 17 ranks + Skill focus + take 10 is more than enough at level 13. At all levels, Skill focus should be more than enough, especially with max ranks. Increases go to CON and DEX.

How does this look?