Author Topic: Help me build a rogue type with gypsy flavor.  (Read 4189 times)

Vattic

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Help me build a rogue type with gypsy flavor.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:15:58 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of TWF suggestions for this rogue's 3/4 base attack.   :-\

As a counter, I'd say use STR as your dump stat; build a charismatic rogue armed primarily with a shortbow.  You don't want to be in melee range with that d6 hit die.
For your stats, I'd recommend: 10 17 12 16 11 15, raising Dex to 18 at 4 and Cha to 16 at 8.

If you really want to be more of a blade user, combining Invisible Blade with Master Thrower makes for a dagger-throwing nightmare.  (really great, as long as your opponent doesn't have DR)
Recommended stat spread: 14 18 13 16 11 9 (or swapping str and con)

for the invisible blade master thrower, what kind of level progression would you suggest? i've seen swashbuckler and rogue with daring outlaw branching off into invisible blade and then finally into master thrower. is this the same build you would recommend? i have a level 13 halfling character to create soon, and i'm interested in optimizing the concept  :D

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
Well, halfling master throwers, in my opinion, were made for the Talenta boomerang and the range of feats available for that. If you like daggers, though, the level progression you suggested sounds find.

Vattic

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »
what range of feats would that be, kind sir? i'm only aware of two.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »
Boomerang Daze, Boomerang Ricochet, and Talenta Warrior strictly because it's superior to Exotic Weapon Proficiency. Synergizes nicely with the Master Thrower's Palm Throw. If I were doing a master thrower, I'd cut out Invisible Blade levels and take Brutal Throw/Power Throw, using them in conjunction with the touch attack ability of the master thrower.