Author Topic: The Tsuyo RegionalDex: A Ported Selection of the CO Works of Tsuyoshikentsu  (Read 19306 times)

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • For My Mother: An Internet Serial
    • Email
Re: DO NOT POST IN HERE.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 03:02:58 AM »
[SIZE="4"]4th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz]Arcane EyePHB: (:plotting:) Even with the short duration, an invisible, mobile sensor that you directly control is plenty good.

Assay Spell ResistanceSpC: (:evillaugh) YES!  YES!  A THOUSAND TIMES, YES!  The use of this spell should be self-evident.  Second only to Unluck.

Identify TransgressorBoVD, Drug: Okay, listen.  This spell should not be evil.  It shouldn't have the evil descriptor, and the drug and location components have nothing to do with the spell.  Why are they there?  Because some idiot decided that every spell in the BoVD HAD to be an evil spell.  Therefore, we get a perfectly innocent spell consigned to darkness forever.  Talk with your DM about getting rid of those components; if you do, it rates a (:plotting:).

Know VulnerabilitiesSpC: (*)  At this level, just make a Knowledge check.  Higher than this, I'd argue that my character's been adventuring long enough to hear about these things.

Locate CreaturePHB: (*) Too many ways to stop it for my taste, but it has its uses.  One of which is targting "MY f***ing car keys that were animated by that f***ing mage."

ScryingPHB, (-): (:evillaugh) Even a level later than the Bard, still a darn good spell.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Bard 4 -- Legend LorePHB: (:thumbsup:) If you're going to be casting it over and over, at least don't do it from 6th level slots.

Cleric 4 -- Greater StatusBoED: (:plotting:) Okay, first off, make sure you're not looking at the Heroes of Battle version, 'cause that one sucks.   Being able to cast spells through the status is pretty nifty, even if they do have to be lower-level.[/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:07:43 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »
Anyway, this cake is great!  It's so delicious and moist.

Stalk me on Twitter!  Validate my existence!  Maybe Even Get An Optimization Tip!

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
[SIZE="4"]5th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz Spells]Prying EyesPHB: (:evillaugh) One of my favorite spells solely because of the visual, it's quite effective as well.

Telepathic BondPHB: (:thumbsup:) Needs moar duration, but not bad.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Cleric/Oracle Domain 5 -- CommunePHB: (:plotting:) Like contact other place, but without the "I'm a babbling idiot" risk.  Lots of questions at a time.

Bard 5 -- Scry LocationCS: (:evillaugh) Just as useful as scrying.  Make a great pair, they do.

Cleric 5 -- True SeeingPHB: (:plotting:) Useful for ruining your DM's "a doppelganger!" plotlines, among other things.[/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:08:24 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »

Stalk me on Twitter!  Validate my existence!  Maybe Even Get An Optimization Tip!

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:13 AM »
[SIZE="4"]6th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz Spells]Analyze DweomerPHB: (:thumbsdow) Mass identify.  Wooo.  Not impressed.

Eye of StoneRoS: (:evillaugh) The ability to send an invisible eye through solid stone into a room that you're not even positive exists should not be underestimated.

Eyes of the OracleDrM: (:plotting:) A weird sort of Cerelity analogue.  Generally useful, and init bonuses are always cool.

Legend LorePHB, (-): (:thumbsdow) I don't like this spell in general, and 6th is just too high for it.

Scry LocationPHB, (-): (:plotting:) Still brilliant, but 6th level is pushing it.

True SeeingPHB, (-): (*) Much less useful at 6th level.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Cleric 6 -- Find the PathPHB: (:plotting:) This is just a great way to generally muck with adventure plotlines.

Bard 6 -- HindsightSpC: (:plotting:) At this level, pretty nifty.  Rather situational, but you just became the city's #1 detective.

Bard 6 -- Greater ScryingPHB: (:evillaugh) Just the 100% chance of screwing with people via message is worth the slot to me.  The extended duration is very good, too.

Druid 6 -- Stone TellPHB: (:plotting:) These walls CAN talk![/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:08:39 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:21 AM »
[SIZE="4"]7th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz Spells]BrainspiderSpC: (:thumbsup:) Lots of telepathic fun, and you don't even have to eat their brains!

Greater Arcane SightPHB: (*) If you're wondering why this is rated so high, let alone on the list at all, it has something to do with the fact that all the other 7th level divinations are about as powerful as vision.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Wu Jen 7 -- Commune with Greater SpiritCAr: (Varies) Not a bad little spell... as long as there are lots of spirits in your campaign.  Talk with your DM pre-game if you're going to use this one.

Time Domain 7 -- Moment of PresciencePHB: (:evillaugh) A level early?  Yes, please.[/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:08:56 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:30 AM »
[SIZE="4"]8th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz Spells]Discern LocationPHB: (:thumbsup:) A good start to a one-two combo with another divination spell.  "My f***ing car keys" is still a legal target, although if Olidammara has really decided to screw you today you still won't find them.

Moment of PresciencePHB: (:evillaugh) +CL insight to any one of a variety of rolls makes TK happy.

Greater Prying EyesPHB: (:plotting:) Now your flying eyeballs have true seeing.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Time Domain 8 -- ForesightPHB: (:thumbsup:) It's a level early.  Sort of worth it now if you're not a Divine Oracle 10.[/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:09:11 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »
[SIZE="4"]9th:[/SIZE]

[sblock=Sor/Wiz Spells]ForesightPHB, (-): (*) Time gets you it a level lower, and honestly, many of the benefits can be found elsewhere.  If you're not a Divine Oracle and you can't get this at 8th, though, take it.

HindsightSpC, (-): (:turkey:) Oh, come on.  You're telling me you can't think of better things to do with a 9th-level slot than THIS?  Works really well as a 6th-level, though.[/sblock]

[sblock=Other Classes]Destiny Domain 9 -- Choose DestinyRoD: (:evillaugh) FLAWLESS VICTORY.  Seriously, though, a reroll on EVERYTHING is pretty darn good.  If you're an Incantatrix, this ain't a bad one to persist.[/sblock]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:10:04 AM by tsuyoshikentsu »

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
 :bow

I haven't seen Tsuyo around in forever, but I just thought I'd bump this back up for everyone.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
If he ever updates this, the man deserves to know that his star destroyer punchline...lacks the picture that makes the whole thing funny.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
If he ever updates this, the man deserves to know that his star destroyer punchline...lacks the picture that makes the whole thing funny.

It's in a spoiler.

StPeteGamer

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
yes it is in the spoiler and it is funny..
Good work although I don't see him here I see him in the WoTC forum

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
What you need as an index in the first post.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Tsuyoshi's Archer Addendum
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
This one also casts true strike, but it's mostly because it can. The real point of this is that you can get over a mile, with no range penalty if you have 40 feet of vertical clearance and are using a +1 composite evencraft dragonbone greabow of distance/ -- 7,800 feet in fact, assuming that in D&D math x2 + x1.5 + x1.5 = x3, and that the dragonbone modifier is added after multiplication like Deepwood's.

This would be true using normal D&D math, but I'd like to note something from the SRD.

Quote from: SRD
Sometimes a rule makes you multiply a number or a die roll. As long as you’re applying a single multiplier, multiply the number normally. When two or more multipliers apply to any abstract value (such as a modifier or a die roll), however, combine them into a single multiple, with each extra multiple adding 1 less than its value to the first multiple. Thus, a double (×2) and a double (×2) applied to the same number results in a triple (×3, because 2 + 1 = 3).

When applying multipliers to real-world values (such as weight or distance), normal rules of math apply instead. A creature whose size doubles (thus multiplying its weight by 8) and then is turned to stone (which would multiply its weight by a factor of roughly 3) now weighs about 24 times normal, not 10 times normal. Similarly, a blinded creature attempting to negotiate difficult terrain would count each square as 4 squares (doubling the cost twice, for a total multiplier of ×4), rather than as 3 squares (adding 100% twice).

So it goes farther than posted in your original post. This important sentence is also in the PHB, but I don't remember where.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email

It's in a spoiler.

I read the same post on the wizards site, so I knew what to expect, but when I hit the spoiler tag here it displayed nothing.  Today it did though, so I must have misclicked it or something.