Author Topic: Our Goal in Min/Max It!  (Read 11938 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Our Goal in Min/Max It!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 03:09:46 AM »
The forum should comply with the BG's attitude toward games.  They want to talk about all games, so should we.  I think this is a question that Meg/Josh/Zeke should ultimately answer.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 03:26:57 AM »
The forum should comply with the BG's attitude toward games.  They want to talk about all games, so should we.  I think this is a question that Meg/Josh/Zeke should ultimately answer.
+1.  I think 4E will be big enough to need it's own forum though.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • For My Mother: An Internet Serial
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 03:39:48 AM »
You knwo what's awesome about not being on the bullshit WotC system?

If we need subforums, they can make them.
Anyway, this cake is great!  It's so delicious and moist.

Stalk me on Twitter!  Validate my existence!  Maybe Even Get An Optimization Tip!

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09:34 AM »

Correct.  Sub-forums will be based on need not based on the examination of entrails (I am pretty sure that is what WotC uses).

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

Squash Monster

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 05:20:01 AM »

Correct.  Sub-forums will be based on need not based on the examination of entrails (I am pretty sure that is what WotC uses).
From my understanding, they actually use a very humane form of this.  Rather than killing an animal and opening it up to see the entrails, they use live animals.  And, lest PETA and the like get involved, the animals used are humans.  Of course, not many people volunteer for these things so they have to use themselves.  The WotC diviners have a pretty hefty regimen of flexibility-building exercises, so that they can stick their heads up their own asses far enough to see the entrails.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
The WotC diviners have a pretty hefty regimen of flexibility-building exercises, so that they can stick their heads up their own asses far enough to see the entrails.
And I always thought they were so brown cause they had headquarters in California  :blush
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »

Tell me about it. For a change users can actually talk to the admin.

Handy Links

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
I love this forum already.

But anyway, I agree that 4e may need its own forum.

(And although it goes without saying, I'm going to say it anyway: Don't lump optimization and development into one forum like WotC was planning on doing.)

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »
I think that Meg would not want to lump those two together.  Personally since this forum isn't the official forum for CO/Min-maxing It should probably be taken in the direction of TO, CO for table top schtuff(unless subforums are created since this isn't a DnD site as far as I know.), new ideas in the games and for handbooks.  I'm Kinda against going on a full blown migration from the CO boards because we were starting to get some recognition and say, but that might blow out into a subject wich was already put off the table.

tsuyoshikentsu

• Bi-Curious George
    • For My Mother: An Internet Serial
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
I think that Meg would not want to lump those two together.  Personally since this forum isn't the official forum for CO/Min-maxing It should probably be taken in the direction of TO, CO for table top schtuff(unless subforums are created since this isn't a DnD site as far as I know.), new ideas in the games and for handbooks.  I'm Kinda against going on a full blown migration from the CO boards because we were starting to get some recognition and say, but that might blow out into a subject wich was already put off the table.

If the "recognition and say" you were talking about is the CO reviews, those were Autumn's doing.  Guess how likely that makes a repeat?
Anyway, this cake is great!  It's so delicious and moist.

Stalk me on Twitter!  Validate my existence!  Maybe Even Get An Optimization Tip!

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
It would be awesome if we could get separate categories for the 3.5 stuff migrated over from WoTC and the new 4e stuff. But I'm all for transporting the CO board info over here.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
For the sake of clarity, I would prefer separated forums for different systems. Also, It would be great to redo the lost threads, those who got old in the COB and now we can't edit. The gish ones, for example.

Also, migration FTW.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »
I call for separate 3rd and 4th Edition Boards, if for the sake of organization.

On a side note, there are now 4E CO Boards at WotC's site. And they moved the "What's a DM/Player to Do?" to the 4E section.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »
On a side note, there are now 4E CO Boards at WotC's site. And they moved the "What's a DM/Player to Do?" to the 4E section.
Interesting.  I don't see that moving us from the awesome BG.  I love this forum.  Feels like home.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
While I wouldn't mind both 4E and 3.5 optimization, I too would prefer separate sub boards if possible.  If anything, it would make browsing the various threads easier to do by simply looking at their titles.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »
The other option would be tags... but no everyone follows the rules, so I still prefer segregated forums.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Lokathor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
Yeah, split forums is best.

brislove

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 06:20:53 AM »
3.5 and 4e threads need to have at least split sub-forums.

Honestly I think we should have a 4e board, and an "other games" board which would include 3.5.

The Min/max Forum should have subs for 4e, 3.5, and "other". that is what I would do for organizations sake.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 06:25:29 AM »
I would like to see a place to both replace WotC and also a place where anyone can ask for help in any system and get help (provided that any of us actually play the system to begin with :lol)

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:50 PM »
Interesting.  I don't see that moving us from the awesome BG.  I love this forum.  Feels like home.

I can resonate with that feeling.  It took about an hour to get used to the place, and then it felt like all of the best of the WotC CharOp boards.

I love this place!
(Still going to check out WotC boards though...)