Author Topic: Any good Mecha games?  (Read 1960 times)

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Any good Mecha games?
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:43 AM »
... except Mekton.

Anything goes as long as there's mecha and they're customizable. And it's not Gurps.

I was thinking about proposing something new to my friends and I was wondering if there was some good games with (giant) robots. Possibly gundam-style mechas (big, not too much, customized, can be broken/repaired/finish ammo).
A good default setting is, of course, a big plus. :D
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
Re: Any good Mecha games?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
There's CthulhuTech, the only one that comes to mind currently. I've heard mixed things about the mechanics, though. The flavor is incredible, however. It's essentially Evangelion and Lovecraft's baby.