Author Topic: Seeking Adventure: One-Shot City Romp  (Read 2398 times)

Necrosnoop110

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Seeking Adventure: One-Shot City Romp
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
Looking for a self-contained, one night sidetrek, adventure kind of thing. One that can be completed and finished in one night. Ideally in a city or urban setting with a lot or roleplaying and social interaction with just a touch of combat. 3-4 characters at 9th level. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Necro

Necrosnoop110

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: Seeking Adventure: One-Shot City Romp
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
Ok, I need a fill-in adventure for one night. A simple social focused adventure with a touch of combat. Anyone have some plot suggestions? Ideas? Encounters? Doesn't even need to be complete just idea-seeds or suggestions will help out.

Peace,
Necro

kitep

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Seeking Adventure: One-Shot City Romp
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 02:49:01 AM »
Wizards has lots of free mini-adventures on their website.  You might try there.

Last week, I ran a one-shot adventure.  The adventurers heard a rumor that W.R.A.I.T.H. was building an uber-weapon on Galapagos Island.  They managed to stake out the local lumber yard and follow the wagons back to the secret base and then foiled the evildoers.

W.R.A.I.T.H. = World Reach Association for International Terrorists and Hoodlums.  Think S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from James Bond.

uber-weapon - in this case, it was a giant 1000-foot long trebuchet, magicked up so it could fire anywhere in the world.

In the past, they've also used a 200-foot long wand of fireballs with a teleport system that sent the fireball bead anywhere.  The Fireball itself did 1000 d6 in its target hex, 999 d6 one-foot away, 998 d6 two-feet way, etc, out to 1000 feet (rolled once, remove the highest die each foot away from target spot)

They've also used a volcano in Iceland to create a giant ash cloud over Europe and blot out the sun (remember when that really happened last year?).  That adventure took a wild left turn when the party decided to fight the beholders sent to control Paris, instead of following the ash cloud back to its origins like I had planned for them to do.   :banghead

What level is the party involved?