Author Topic: build help -- psiotheurge incantatrix  (Read 2074 times)

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
build help -- psiotheurge incantatrix
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
Being my usual completely indecisive self, I've played around with too many ideas, and come around to this as a possible build for an ECL 15 evil game.  I would very much appreciate critiques and advice.

LE Illumian

1  Wizard 1 (Focused Conjurer ACF, SF: Conjuration, Improved Initiative, Improved Sigil: Krau [flaw])
2  Ardent 1 (Creation Mantle, Freedom Mantle)
3  Ardent 2 (Time Mantle, Extend Spell)
4  Cerebremancer 1
5  Cerebremancer 2 (Iron Will [Otyugh Hole])
6  Incantatrix 1 (Persistent Spell, Psiotheurgist: Conjuration)
7  Incantatrix 2
8  Incantatrix 3
9  Incantatrix 4 (Twin Spell, Practiced Manifester: Ardent)
10 Incantatrix 5
11 Cerebremancer 3
12 Incantatrix 6 (?)
13 Incantatrix 7 (Quicken Spell)
14 Cerebremancer 4
15 Incantatrix 8  (?)

My wizard CL is 15 (7th-level spells), my ardent ML is 12 (6th-level powers, 35 class pp), so I'll have CL 27 for conjuration spells and ML 27 for Metacreativity and Psychoportation spells with psiotheurgist.  I figure to finish off with 2 more Incantatrix and 3 more cerebremancer, then in epic rock out the epic Incantatrix unless there are better ideas.

I'm not sure where to go with my 12th- and 15th-level feats... These are the feats I would like:

Enhanced Power Sigils
Linked Power
Cerebremetamagic
Midnight Metamagic
Psycarnum Infusion
Psionic Meditation
Psicrystal Affinity
Psicrystal Containment

The game will be going epic, but I have better things to do than get these feats epic, I would think.  The Psycarnum Infusion/Midnight Metamagic route would be fantastic, except that it's very feat intensive and I just don't think I have the space.  Also, my choice of metamagic feats is absolutely up for critique...

Thanks for help!!
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: build help -- psiotheurge incantatrix
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
No help, board?  :(

I've decided on Cerebremetamagic as one of the two feats, and now I'm deciding between Link Power, Enhanced Power Sigils, and Craft Wondrous Item or Leadership (if I have to make custom items myself or have an artificer cohort).

I'm also waiting on a ruling about how Dweomer of Transference will work.  If the ruling is favorable, then... I win, I think.  If not, then it's still doable.

[spoiler]
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »
I think I will indeed rock with Linked Power (assuming I don't need an artificer to make shit for me).  Good call on Metamagic Storm, I missed that.  The only problem is it lasts for just 1 year... but hopefully that will be enough time gametime for it to be kosher.

I'm not going to ask for that much transparency.  It's really not fair (not that my build is really designed for party balance, but still...).

Even if DoT only applies to the caster's spells and not ALL spells, it still might be a way for me to burn low-level spells for high-level metamagic through cerebremetamagic.  It's diminishing returns (the feat costs slot x2, the spell gives me slot x2 - 1), but if I really need it I can do it.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
Have you considered dropping Incantratix and picking of Mind Mage from Dragon 313? It keep the core concept(psiotheurge with metamagic reducers) but takes it in another direction.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
Mind mage is actually pretty cool, and sounds like a perfect complement to the build, once I finish Incantatrix (no reason not to do both, right??  It's like a better cerebremancer but with harder prereqs).  It will especially be worthwhile if I can get psiotheurgist and cerebremetamagic to qualify as psi-spell feats (though dual-plane summons is pretty cool, the rest kind of suck).  But I think I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]