Author Topic: Im in a bind....  (Read 1320 times)

Dawnmor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Im in a bind....
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
As usual I procrasinate.  Anyways, I got a Ftr 2, Barb 2, Ranger 1, Deep warden 2, Fist of the forest 2.  I gained a level last weekend and suffice it to say that I cant be hit and my touch AC is the same as my AC and no one in the party can hit me.  Due to the DM loving to throw traps that turn us against each other and my will save isnt all that impressive, here is my problem.

Right now I have imp uncanny dodge so I cant be flanked, but the druid insists on being the trap finder and springer, but I am missing one major part of my defensive plan, Evasion.  Sense I dont think we will be in a town anytime soon the only way I can figure to get evasion is to take Rogue 2 or forget it and grab warblade to give me some additional manuevers.  Though I dont have the INT for the Warblades abilities the BAB and D12 HD is kinda winning things over for me.  However, due to my wisdom having a +9 Mod, the Swordsage is kinda creeping into the mix.  I have strong defense but im lacking a certain offensive power in addition to getting the Evasion ability.  That way if the DM turns us crazy and my brother casts spells on me, I can use evasion to evade the spell effects.

What do people think I should do if you understood that mess?

Kethrian

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Im in a bind....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
Well, a Ring of Evasion is a viable option, though it does cost 25,000gp.  And if you have a high concentration check, take Warblade and the Moment of Perfect Mind manoeuvre.  Then you've got your Will save shored up, as well.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »
You could also gain evasion from two levels of totemist (Magic of Incarnum).  Binding great raptor mask to your totem chakra gives you evasion. 

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:11:38 PM »
So would binding impulse boots to your feet, which would take 2 feats rather than 2 class levels, and ... would you get Improved Uncanny Dodge from them? I think you would, if you don't have it already.