Author Topic: Ideas for a Tibbit gish?  (Read 6669 times)

Madwand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Ideas for a Tibbit gish?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
I get that Linked Power is very nice, especially used with an immediate action power like Empty Mind (is there anything better than that?). But without serious investment in feats to regain psionic focus that my build cannot afford, I can only do this once per combat. Am I missing something? It doesn't seem worth a feat and a power slot just so I could get one extra buff off per combat. I'm still not getting how this feat is useful to me, and I really want to understand this. I definitely can't afford all the feats needed to allow focus to be regained faster than a full-round action.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »
Any psionic gish will want to buff, and Linked Power is THE best way to do it. Unfortunately, it does require at least two feats (LP and Psionic Meditation), and grabbing Hustle (which you'll want anyway) will let you use your swift actions to get both a move and a standard.

Or you could use Hammer once you're in Hydra form using Metamorphosis. +28d8 damage per round (12 headed hydra + psicrystal + claws of the beast + lots of attacks) is killer.

Otherwise, you could rely on attacks of opportunity, or you could do a The Big Guy Is With Me build, which has your psicrystal out destroying, while you hang back and buff it from afar. It's amazingly effective, especially once you get hold of Metamorphosis.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:48:24 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

kremti

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 04:08:43 PM »
I get that Linked Power is very nice, especially used with an immediate action power like Empty Mind (is there anything better than that?). But without serious investment in feats to regain psionic focus that my build cannot afford, I can only do this once per combat. Am I missing something? It doesn't seem worth a feat and a power slot just so I could get one extra buff off per combat. I'm still not getting how this feat is useful to me, and I really want to understand this. I definitely can't afford all the feats needed to allow focus to be regained faster than a full-round action.

Actually, I think Linked Power is really nice with two powers that has to do with Actions...Hustle and Synchronicity.  Imagine:
Swift Action: Hustle Linked with Buff#1.  Gains Move Action.
Move action: Refocus using Psionic Meditation.
Standard Action: Synchronicity Linked with Buff #2. Gains Ready Action.  Ready Buff #3 Linked with Buff #4
Move action: Whatever (Can Refocus again using Psionic Meditation)

Just got 4 buffs in, with left over move action.  This doesn't even push the whole thing too far with "Ready Synchronicity Linked with more power, and again, and again", using ways to gain more Focus...
Also, if you Metapower: Link Power (Syncoronicity), you can walk around with most of the 1 power buffs up all the time, because Synchronicity + 1 power buff -> 0 power spent.

-K

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
Btw, Synchronicity is borked, but I think you just saw why. Don't forget the Ardent's Dominant Ideal/Substitute Powers ACFs. Plus, Ardents can make cool gishes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:00:02 AM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Madwand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Synchronicity does seem like a good power, the explanation of how to use it with Linked Power really helped.

Ardent also seems like a great class, but at the moment Psion is winning out due to the larger number of powers known. Having a lot of toys to play with is important to me. I'd love to take Ardent though if it had more powers. That's the same reason I passed on Psychic Warrior.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »
Synchronicity does seem like a good power, the explanation of how to use it with Linked Power really helped.

Ardent also seems like a great class, but at the moment Psion is winning out due to the larger number of powers known. Having a lot of toys to play with is important to me. I'd love to take Ardent though if it had more powers. That's the same reason I passed on Psychic Warrior.
Psywars have considerably better buffing powers, though, overall. Especially if you can grab Metamorphosis through one of several means.

A lot fewer pp, though.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]