Author Topic: Uber forms to shapeshift into - Epic Shapeshifter  (Read 1483 times)

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Uber forms to shapeshift into - Epic Shapeshifter
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
So, I'm looking for some awesome forms for a lvl 30 Shapeshifter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216630)

Can turn into any creature type, and gain their full Ex, Su & Sp abilities (max HD of 51).
Can also apply templates to these creatures, as long as HD+LA doesn't exceed 51 (or if the template doesn't have an LA listing, HD+(3xCr increase) ).
Any ideas for combat forms?
So far I've been thinking of picking the appropriate Abomination for the situation, or stacking Half Celestial and such onto Great Wyrm Dragons (mmm, Pyroclastic dragon....), but I'm sure I've seen other high CR & Epic monsters in places other than the ELH...

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Uber forms to shapeshift into - Epic Shapeshifter
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »
I can't decide if I like that class or not. Certainly at high levels it's godly, but it seems to be useless for a not insignificant part of its existence.

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »
I forgot I should actually help instead of expressing confusion over the class. I imagine the Book of Exalted Deeds would have a number of good forms to take, as well as the Fiendish Codex I and II.

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »
I somehow completely missed that the BoED had the heavenly host and such in there. Some darned nice things to copy in there :D
Mostly utility forms rather than raw combat forms but boatloads of SLAs and some interesting Su abilities in there.