Author Topic: Chapter 1: The Manipulative and the Subservient - The High Arcana Games  (Read 13922 times)

Mixster

• Grape ape
Re: Chapter 1: The Manipulative and the Subservient - The High Arcana Games
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 06:26:36 AM »
Before heading down, Red quickly prepares some junk with a Magic Aura emanating Necromancy (as per the description from Protea), and his own arcane mark. [spoiler]If I roll 1 I fail it1d10=3[/spoiler]
As Ezikiel talks down about him he hisses, his yellow eyes fixed at Ezikiel for the reminder of the stairwell.
When heading down the Stairwell, Red will be more than 30ft from the party, behind at first, but as soon as it widens out, he moves behind a boulder, more than 30ft away and hides.
[spoiler]Hide: 1d20+17=21
Move Silently: 1d20+9=18[/spoiler]
---
Explosive runes? Where?
He asks when Syllia says it. Taking care not to read any of the scribbling on the wall.
---
As snack has talked:
Snack! The rumbling voice from the darkness yells, (unless you can see the kobold, in which case it is Red yelling from behind a stone. Helping us would be in your best interest, we'd be in and out pretty quick, and you'd be rid of an item that would make a lot of powerful people, beside us, come down on your neck. We promise you friendship where others would bring only destruction.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011, 07:09:38 AM »
At the mentioning of the Explosive runes Jazra mutters a few well chosen words in Infernal (the by far most satisfying language to swear in) and then moves his eyes down to the floor, not looking at anything he hasn't already inspected. From there he raises his head and inspects the fat rat that just showed up I'm a corpse, and even I take better care of my health than that....
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
Snack quivers slightly as Red yells at him. Still maintaining eye contact with Coron he takes a moment to think before answering. " Heh... I am but your humble servant, my lord,.. It saddens me that my clan has fallen so low, as to be lackeys of the House Calasper,...  But they pay well. " The smirk returns to his face before he continues. " I assure you my morals are astoundingly low, and wealth can be a very persuasive ally. " he hops down from the rock he was crouching on. He waves his hand casually at some vermin in the area and hisses, after they scurry away he continues " Pshhht! Scat!. Now that,... my friends have run along, what did you have in mind? "

((edit: most of the rats have left, or are leaving. free actions))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:43:31 AM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »
"We would so simply ensure that the mark is indeed on the token. If it is not our item, we must be away, but I would remember that I have such a loyal ally in these depths. The House cannot forget." Such were the words of the House of Black and White, and any who dealt with them knew it was their best pledge. "I find it interesting that the item in question is so heavily guarded. What is this item, in appearance? May we?" Coron motions as if to move down the hallway toward the aura, though obviously does't move too far, neither being invited and knowing of the alarm.

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
Kyle

Kyle carefully observes his surroundings, then turns his attention to the ratman and, maybe recalling having crafted something for a scum that matched his description, looks for rings on his fingers.

---

The moment the marble shines, knowing the other teams are already ahead of them and sick of the darkness that permeated the place, just to shake that troubling feeling in his gut, he turns on his items.

The young human is then immediately engulfed in light, a semi-transparent armor now protecting his body.

He takes a deep breath and prepares to give everything he has to reach their goal.

[spoiler]Items activated: Luminous Robe & Periapt of evil shielding. AC: 21 (23 against evil)

Spells prepared:

1st:
1x Feather fall
1x Bigby's tripping hand
2x Grease

2nd:
1x See invisibility
1x Gaseous Form
1x Glitterdust
1x Levitate

3rd:
1x Drown
1x Nondetection

I'll update the level-uped sheet once we finish the first challenge.[/spoiler]
Believe.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
Calasper are our enemies, and you know that, we should work together to take them down. Let them pay their gold and we'll stab them in their backs, wouldn't you rather be ruling the Calasper than taking their money? The kobold keeps himself hidden.
Also, it seems more rats are entering, although many are leaving, and these ones seem to emanate magic, you wouldn't be trying to trick us, would you Snack? And that thing down the hallway, is that one of your allies?
The kobold keeps himself ready for anything as he watches the rats move back in.

[spoiler]Readied Action: If anybody tries anything, Red will fly into the air at least 20ft from the ground in the surprise round.[/spoiler]
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »
Snack looks over to the shadows near where Red is hiding. " Who, me?.... No young master I would never try to out-smart an agent of the Imperium. I assure you my friend down the tunnel has no ill will towards you. He is mearly a means off protection. " He flashes a wretched smile towards your direction. Then returns his attention to Coron. He takes one knee and continues with his head bowed. " The House will always have allies dwelling within the shadows of Gratis. But my Lord, I fear some of my Kin seem to have been influenced by the Calaspers. I would be more than happy to allow you safe passage, but sadly my word alone would not be nearly enough to quench the blood thirst of my brethren. " he pauses for a moment,.. " Surely,.. you have sufficient resources to satisfy such lowely servants? "
He lifts his head towards you, beady eyes glinting in the torchlight. You can see a slight smile creeping across his face.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
"If your brethren need to be bent to our will, they can take the gold price or the black one. You, of course, shall remain unbent. Lead the way to this artifact, so we may promptly settle debts."

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »
Kyle

The human takes a step forward, his shining robe illuminating his features and his surroundings, and, for the first time since they got there, speaks.

I just have one request for you. Would you mind taking off that fancy ring of yours? We wouldn't want our conversation to leak to others, would we? I'm only asking you to have it off while you're with us.

Believe.