Author Topic: The beginnings of a complete list of good/Great/AWESOME spells from all sources.  (Read 45661 times)

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Demoncall also works nicely with an archivist's Dark Knowledge.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
I'm not sure if I want to add rokugan, kalamar, dragonlance, and other "officially licensed" products
no, no, yes, and yes to dungeon and drag magazines but there is little else that is legal (those diablo books are all I can think of at the moment)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Thanks. I own a hard copy of the Diablorie, didn't know there were others

Call of Cthulhu d20? d20 Modern?

Caelic

• Hong Kong
No Algid Enhancement on the Frostburn list?  Combined with a way to grant the Cold subtype, it's an amazingly efficient buff.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
No Algid Enhancement on the Frostburn list?  Combined with a way to grant the Cold subtype, it's an amazingly efficient buff.

Especially if one uses something like a Thunderlance for a weapon - the lack of an Enhancement Bonus to Attack and Damage hurts, which you can't otherwise get on Weapon-like spells. Not to mention, it's an uncapped spell, so it can be STRONG.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
I'm not sure if I want to add rokugan, kalamar, dragonlance, and other "officially licensed" products
no, no, yes, and yes to dungeon and drag magazines but there is little else that is legal (those diablo books are all I can think of at the moment)

kalamar should be yes, at least the licensed products only. i have a link itemizing them if you want.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder

Especially if one uses something like a Thunderlance for a weapon - the lack of an Enhancement Bonus to Attack and Damage hurts, which you can't otherwise get on Weapon-like spells. Not to mention, it's an uncapped spell, so it can be STRONG.
It's an uncapped spell...?

It's an uncapped spell!  I missed that.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email

kalamar should be yes, at least the licensed products only. i have a link itemizing them if you want.

Ok... I hate how the campaign setting was printed... No color!

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental

not valid anymore.
no and no. Keep in mind when I say no I mean it isn't first or second party, so do those after the legal sources.

Here's the full list
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...

not valid anymore.
no and no. Keep in mind when I say no I mean it isn't first or second party, so do those after the legal sources.

Here's the full list

the licensed products are still valid, same as every other licensed product. the newer non-licensed products are not valid, of course.

here is the the list of all kalamar products, licensed ones are in itallics
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email

not valid anymore.

Here's the full list

Why not CoC? It's made by WotC and has a section in it to adapt its weird rules to DnD

Also all of the spells have their source(s) listed

Thanks for the link Nijineko