Author Topic: My house in limbo...  (Read 4617 times)

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: My house in limbo...
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
if you have an artificer do it for you... 7th level at the earliest. and not too much. your question is answered in the phb:goos and services section.

(10 x caster level x spell level) + (5 x xp cost)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »
if you have an artificer do it for you... 7th level at the earliest. and not too much. your question is answered in the phb:goos and services section.

(10 x caster level x spell level) + (5 x xp cost)

but it says
in the srd?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »
Extra costs for XP costs and I believe it states that over a certain price it just simply isn't possible to buy.

Mooncrow

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm taking my costs right from the DMG (page 107) - I find the SRD tends to be incomplete in a lot of places =/

Otherwise, Wish is 1530gp ^^

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:23 PM »
So if the caster level is 17 ... wait ...

Having an artificer do it, according to the above post I could get done at caster level 13.
Honestly though its the Xp that does it, tacking on another 25000 gold. Hmm... not cost efficient
enough at all for level 6. I was hoping it wouldn't have to be something I'd have to beg to inherit. What is wrong with these people and the cost of property! No wonder people have always told me "don't bother." I always though it was because of the reduction in character power, but its also about freaking COST and a cost that will bring about a SIGNIFIGANT reduction in character power depending on your level, and class.  :banghead
Even using the hole with a tower in it, the tower costs 50,000. How demoralizing.  :bigeye
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Mooncrow

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »

Having an artificer do it, according to the above post I could get done at caster level 13.
Honestly though its the Xp that does it, tacking on another 25000 gold. Hmm... not cost efficient
enough at all for level 6. I was hoping it wouldn't have to be something I'd have to beg to inherit. What is wrong with these people and the cost of property! No wonder people have always told me "don't bother." I always though it was because of the reduction in character power, but its also about freaking COST and a cost that will bring about a SIGNIFIGANT reduction in character power depending on your level, and class.  :banghead
Even using the hole with a tower in it, the tower costs 50,000. How demoralizing.  :bigeye

Yeah, it really is frustrating =/  That's why I tend to let my PCs just declare their house or base as part of their backstory, or if that's not feasible (or they want to upgrade) they come to me and we find a way for them to "earn" it, in story (and outside WBL).

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
actually, level 7, not 13. but that method uses shenanigans.

also, that is what patrons and non-magic/gp loot is for. after all, it may only be a piece of paper, but a title says you own it... you might have to clean out a few monsters or outlaws or something... hey, wait a minute. that is starting to sound like a ready made hook for dm plot line.... maybe you should just talk to your dm. it's not often that pcs want to be a sitting target, after all. maybe he or she will appreciate the novelty enough to grant the player's wishes.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »
cant a warlock do it at 12th? afb so ymmv
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
using artificer 5, arcane 1, divine 1, practiced caster feat x2, and a dragon mag feat that combines all effective caster levels into one for item crafting purposes, a 7th level character can craft items (scrolls) requiring 19th level caster level. and a certain wizards college allows crafting without the crafting feats if you are a member. presto - scroll of whatever. UMD the rest.
Never game alone again!

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »

Yeah, it really is frustrating =/  That's why I tend to let my PCs just declare their house or base as part of their backstory, or if that's not feasible (or they want to upgrade) they come to me and we find a way for them to "earn" it, in story (and outside WBL).
The only use for Bardic Knowledge. Where is an evil asshole who's serfs wish he would die but don't have the ability or resources to pull it off?

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:03 PM »
using artificer 5, arcane 1, divine 1, practiced caster feat x2, and a dragon mag feat that combines all effective caster levels into one for item crafting purposes, a 7th level character can craft items (scrolls) requiring 19th level caster level. and a certain wizards college allows crafting without the crafting feats if you are a member. presto - scroll of whatever. UMD the rest.

And, the Disciple of Boccob ACF for wizards counts you as one level higher, so there's 20th.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
nice, still lag at 18th for other items, but still. ^^
Never game alone again!