Author Topic: Wizard Hunting  (Read 22899 times)

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Wizard Hunting
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »
Play a Kender. Steal all the things
We had a kender DMPC at one point. Most annoying character ever. It stole everything we had with no rolls, and any attempt to kill him rebounded the attacks on us.

So I just ignored what he did, kept all my stuff in my inventory and acted as if he wasn't there, as did all the other players. If the DM threw a fit, we sat there and stared at him, refusing to  play, until he gave in.

We had to go home a few times because he refused to budge, but he relented when he realized that not allowing us to play meant he couldn't either.
I let one of my PCs be a Kender... once... in a one shot... he stole the midboss's extra rod of dragon control (campaign specific item, does what it says  :D) and then beat him him opposed rolls for the dragons... and then with the random item chart pulled out... a gem of fire control.

In a different campaign that same PC played a Kender again... he disrupted a demon summoning ritual, split the fabric of reality, and summoned alien spaceships in some order... and then died in a tumult  :rollseyes
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »
We had a kender DMPC at one point. Most annoying character ever. It stole everything we had with no rolls, and any attempt to kill him rebounded the attacks on us.

So I just ignored what he did, kept all my stuff in my inventory and acted as if he wasn't there, as did all the other players. If the DM threw a fit, we sat there and stared at him, refusing to  play, until he gave in.

We had to go home a few times because he refused to budge, but he relented when he realized that not allowing us to play meant he couldn't either.

That is... BRILLIANT.  I must hear more about this story and DM!
BG's other resident furry!

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »

That is... BRILLIANT.  I must hear more about this story and DM!
He was the same DM that gang-raped my baby gold dragon because I wrote CG on his alignment, and the DM thought that he should be LG instead.

Also, no targeting of spells or breath weapons or reach weapons because we didn't use an encounter map.

He was an idiot, to put it lightly, and a horrible person, to boot.

If I remembered his name and address, I'd post it here so people could send him hate-mail.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:44 PM »
That... is really bad.  Did he have some neurological or mental illness or something?
BG's other resident furry!

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »
That... is really bad.  Did he have some neurological or mental illness or something?
Yes. "I am a dickhead" syndrome.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2011, 04:55:49 AM »
mob template? as applied to the denizens of each city?

seems social engineering would be a reasonable tactical approach.

you could always write a ginormous backstory, larger than the dm is likely to read, and bury in there that you came from another location where the psionics are different option is in effect with relation to all the locales you will be fighting them in. ^^

speaking of psionics, metafaculty will get past all of their defenses, damp power has already been mentioned, protection from spells, many other options.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »
Sounds like one of the guys I used to play with... he's the guy that thought it would be a great idea to play a diviner arcane archer... and a teenage dread necromancer who was introduced to the party by being raped... and a Cleric striving to prove Pelor and Vecna were the same deity... and spent 30 minutes arguing over the minutia of the rules  :banghead
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
but pelor has already been proven to be evil... why would he need to be vecna?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
Sounds like one of the guys I used to play with... he's the guy that thought it would be a great idea to play a diviner arcane archer... and a teenage dread necromancer who was introduced to the party by being raped... and a Cleric striving to prove Pelor and Vecna were the same deity... and spent 30 minutes arguing over the minutia of the rules  :banghead
Sounds like he just rolled up random character concepts.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
Yes, random character concepts generated by darts, a dartboard, and very, very strange fetishes.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Yes, random character concepts generated by darts, a dartboard, and very, very strange fetishes.
There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.

sigged.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

[/spoiler]