Author Topic: Understanding Incarnum for the first time  (Read 4548 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Understanding Incarnum for the first time
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
I see, this is good to know because I was debating if I should be investing in claw grafts or the like (I did get a gore via a graft and tail slam via feat, but curiously I can't find any good sources to obtain a bite or slam).  I know ways to get tentacles but I've niether the feats to spare nor is it nessicarly thematic with my build.  Also its assumed that unless obvious (like gaining wings), grafts replace and do not add body parts so I can't just buy all the arms I can afford and pretend I'm hecatoncheirs (though that would be awesome).

Btw, source on " lamia belt"? Stupid me, it's a soulmeld.  Duh.

There's some tentacle grafts, a magic item that grants a Gore attack (Horned Helm, MIC), a magic item that grants a Bite (Fanged Mask, MIC), and a few other tricks.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bigtuna

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Understanding Incarnum for the first time
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
Well, girallon arms + lamia belt + landshark boots = 1 primary + 5 secondary + 2 additional on a jumping attack.
That's 3 totem binds - you only get 2 (with double chakra bind feat - that can only be taken once pr chakra)

IMHO claws are the way to go. Yes you can get gore, bite and tail attacks, but you have several soulmelds that enchances you "claws" - Girallion arms (rend), Girallion totem bind (a good reason to be totemist 11, for the double soulmeld ability). Kruthik Claws/rage Claws. - and then there's dips into warshaper1 (assuming a barbarian+bear warrior/chanceling/ or refluffing the soulbinder to be a kind of shapeshifter with DM approval) that make ONE of your natural attack form (claws) bigger, imp natural attack (claw). Warblade+Blodclaw master1 (for full str on offhand attacks), Warmind or psycic Warrior (claws of the beast, claws of the vampire).. Girralion arms (spell, SpC). The list goes on...

Totem avatar does make all you natural weapons either better and bigger or do essentia:moral dam - but unless you have an other source of bonus damage the extra attacks will only be maginal effective... DR will be a bitch.

Oh and I second the Thri-Kreen if +1 LA from Shinning South - cost you 3 lvls - but you gain the abilities of 4 levels of totemist (an extra chakra bind). (more or less). Thri-Kreen totemist - 1 bite +4 claws +2 from girallion arms + 2 lamia belt + rend (girallion arms +double soulmeld - rend is about the same as +2 claws, if you alreadu have enough claws to make sure you hit with at least 2)...

What stacks? Claws like shpinx claws makes your arms into big bad claws - so if you already have claws on your hands i guess they just make them better. Note that shpinx claws unlike Girallions claws does full str dam on off hand attacks - does this make claws from lamia belt or girallions arms into 1d8 claws that does full str dam on secondary attacks? - short answer - I don't know - the rules aren't clear. I would say yes - but it's open for intrepretation.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:14:47 AM by Bigtuna »