Author Topic: Simple Q&A 29: The CR 5 Gargantuan Dragon of DOOM  (Read 131835 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Simple Q&A 29: The CR 5 Gargantuan Dragon of DOOM
« Reply #640 on: October 29, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
210: Is there any way to be immune to surprise rounds besides the foresight spell? Not flat-footedness...
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #641 on: October 29, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
210: Is there any way to be immune to surprise rounds besides the foresight spell? Not flat-footedness...

Mark of Stars (feat), Minotaur (I think), Dragon Turtle (IIRC), Divine Oracle 10 (PrC)... There's more ways, I'm sure.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #642 on: October 29, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Q 209 Is there a way to increase the Dex modifier of hide armor besides segmenting it or giving it Nimbleness?
Make it out of Leafweave, from RoW.  However, it drops the armor bonus by 1.
Making it out of shadow silk (Tome of Magic p155) increases its maximum dexterity bonus by 2.  Darkleaf (Arms and Equipment Guide) and leaf armor (Dragon 279 p49) are also options, but aren't as good. 

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #643 on: October 29, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
Q 209 Is there a way to increase the Dex modifier of hide armor besides segmenting it or giving it Nimbleness?
Shadowsilk from Tome of Magic is kinda like Mithril for non-metal armor.  Also gives a feel-good +2 bonus to Hide and Move Silently and repairs itself when you're in darkness.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #644 on: October 29, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »
bumpity bump.  no one has an answer to this?

Q188 Can an Incantatrix apply Cooperative Metamagic to a spell being cast (by someone else) off a spell completion item like a scroll?
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:45 AM »
Q 211: Leap Attack + Shock Trooper + Combat Brute.  You charge, power attacking, and sunder your foe's weapon, then get a sundering cleave.  Your power attack and charge bonuses/penalties still apply, right?

Sorry, never used ST and CB before.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:19:52 AM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Kethrian

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2011, 02:44:37 AM »
A 202 Yes.  Such an item would be use-activated, CL 11 (higher if you want, but it costs more).

Revivify: CL 11 x 5 (spell lv) x 2000 / 5 (1 use/day) = 22,000gp x 1.5 (stacking effects) = 33,000gp
Heal: CL 11 x 6 (spell lv) x 2000 / 5 (1 use/day) = 26,400gp
Total: 59,400gp

All-in-all, a great magic item to have.  Well worth the price.

Dammit, forgot the material component for Revivify!  That'll add another 50,000gp...

Revivify: 72,000gp
Heal: 26,400gp x 1.5 = 39,600gp
Total: 111,600gp

While a lot more costly, still good enough to consider.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #647 on: October 30, 2011, 04:13:13 AM »
Q 212a: When you bull rush someone into another creature's space, what happens?  One of them has to fall prone, right?

Q 212b: When using the Domino Rush maneuver from Shock Trooper, what happens if you bull rush a target into another foe, and you then fail the trip check to trip one or both of them?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #648 on: October 30, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
Q 212a: When you bull rush someone into another creature's space, what happens?  One of them has to fall prone, right?

Q 212b: When using the Domino Rush maneuver from Shock Trooper, what happens if you bull rush a target into another foe, and you then fail the trip check to trip one or both of them?

A212a: As far as I know, no. They just can't enter and STAY in that square, unless already prone.
A212b: They'd stop at adjacent squares, one/both/none of them prone. If the Bull Rush target was Prone to begin with, it can end that movement in the other's square, I think, but depends on the exact wording of Domino.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #649 on: October 30, 2011, 04:48:29 AM »

A212a: As far as I know, no. They just can't enter and STAY in that square, unless already prone.
A212b: They'd stop at adjacent squares, one/both/none of them prone. If the Bull Rush target was Prone to begin with, it can end that movement in the other's square, I think, but depends on the exact wording of Domino.
Okay, so in either case you bull rush the target into the second foe's space, and then the target gets to choose which (unoccupied) adjacent square to shift to?

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #650 on: October 30, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
Q 212a: When you bull rush someone into another creature's space, what happens?  One of them has to fall prone, right?

Okay, so in either case you bull rush the target into the second foe's space, and then the target gets to choose which (unoccupied) adjacent square to shift to?

I'd rule it as the same square it was trying to get in from. He can't enter the square in the first place, after all. The "being pushed into another's square" thing is an ATTEMPT to do that, which in effect causes one or both to fall, since they CAN'T share the space for any amount of time, unless one keeps moving.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:20:20 AM by CantripN »

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: October 30, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
A 202 Yes.  Such an item would be use-activated, CL 11 (higher if you want, but it costs more).

Revivify: CL 11 x 5 (spell lv) x 2000 / 5 (1 use/day) = 22,000gp x 1.5 (stacking effects) = 33,000gp
Heal: CL 11 x 6 (spell lv) x 2000 / 5 (1 use/day) = 26,400gp
Total: 59,400gp

All-in-all, a great magic item to have.  Well worth the price.

Dammit, forgot the material component for Revivify!  That'll add another 50,000gp...

Revivify: 72,000gp
Heal: 26,400gp x 1.5 = 39,600gp
Total: 111,600gp

While a lot more costly, still good enough to consider.

Contingent spells?  Cheaper...
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]